Stone Flooring over Metal Flooring?

Started by Phienyx, April 15, 2014, 10:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phienyx

How exactly do you place smooth stone flooring?  It doesn't appear it can be placed over metal flooring, but then again, it doesn't look like you can remove metal flooring either.......

StorymasterQ

Smooth stone can only be placed on rock, as it's not actually making a surface, it's smoothing the rock bed exposed during mining.

As for the other floors, I think they can be built upon each other, but unmodded, there are no ways to change flooring back to terrain. There was a Project Dig some time ago, but I'm unsure it's compatible with A3.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Plasmatic

from what I know carpets play nice with each other (can be replaced)

Concrete hates everything..

Smooth stone plays nice..

It would be nice if the floors were a little more descriptive, maybe an option to remove flooring? I mean even if you pour concrete floor, you can still remove it, it's just a lot of extra work with a jackhammer.. but it is not impossible..

MichaelMartin

I think it is possible to install stone flooring over metal flooring.To check this out see at carpetinmotion.

Matthiasagreen

It is tedious, but the fertilizer pump can remove any flooring and any flooring (except smooth stone, for the reason mentioned above) can be placed on the soil it produces.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

wnci997

I made a quick modification to the "core" file in the mods folder. Going to TerrainDefs in the Defs subfolder, I went to the TerrainFloors.xml file and added a bit of line using notepad++ (for the win)

<TerrainDef ParentName="FloorBase">
    <DefName>SoilFloor</DefName>
    <label>Soil</label>
    <RenderPrecedence>260</RenderPrecedence>
    <Description>Replacing soil to allow farming again</Description>
    <graphicPathSingle>Terrain/Surfaces/Soil</graphicPathSingle>
    <statBases>
      <WorkToBuild>15000</WorkToBuild>
      <Beauty>0</Beauty>
    </statBases>
  </TerrainDef>

Essentially, I took a look at the _natural.xml in the same folder, saw soil, and copied down its texture link to match the format of carpets. It was really quick. The worktobuild is high because I assume you are pulling out floor, which is hard. The only tag I dont understand is the render precedence. Anyways, I attached the exact file, if you'd like to use it.

EDIT: WHERE IS THE SPOILER!!!! Also, I believe I also added a "rough stone" floor. It would have been easier to remove the restriction on the smooth stone, but I guess I didn't do that. Im pretty sure the rough stone floor also only takes 1 work, AkA really quick. Changing it is simple though!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]