Year 2 - Slaughtered by my own turrets =(

Started by mc858, November 09, 2014, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

My third game- was doing really good.

Had my base set up with a yard for farming surrounded by turrets - i just fought off a raid of like 30 raiders and was feeling good- all was well......then a psychic wave made all the squirrels go crazy- it happened while everyone was on farm duty.....next thing you know my turrets are mowing down everything.

Squirrels were getting shot, my people were getting shot, a boar got shot, pretty much everything got massacred. I was completely caught off guard- just an absolute massacre. I quickly pressed ESC and closed the game and cried.

Im sure there is a lesson somewhere in this story. be careful friends.

christhekiller

If you double clicked the turrets you could of switched the power off on all of them. Then you could of recruited your colonists and either have all them massacre the animals or get them all to safety and turn the turrets back on <3

BetaSpectre

Reload an old save.
Make a fence to keep the squierrels out. And kill all of them that are in.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

lordtijger

or just make sure you have an entrance to your camp and place turrets there so they won't get in that easy :)

Redclaw

The Machines, They've been infected by Skynet, It was their master plan.  >:(
The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

skullywag

Crossfire is always more accurate than direct fire in rimworld remember that. This is why your colonists and not the enemy were shredded.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

H_D

That's why I could never play without ability to save a game. It just feels wrong.

Xarian

Wish I could set my turrets to ignore animals. I've had 3 colonists die to a single squirrel because of that before.

Cimanyd

I wish there was an option to automatically pause the game on events (or at least red, dangerous events). It might help prevent things like this, and also keep players from losing a few seconds of preparation if, say, enemies pod into their base while they're at triple speed.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

mc858

i can only imagine the look of horror on the squirrels face when he realized he f**ked with the wrong people...... if im willing to slaughter my entire colony to kill you , mr. squirrel, then what else am i capable of??!

SEND THE SQUIRELLS!!!!

Quote from: mc858 on November 11, 2014, 10:33:42 AM
i can only imagine the look of horror on the squirrels face when he realized he f**ked with the wrong people...... if im willing to slaughter my entire colony to kill you , mr. squirrel, then what else am i capable of??!
LOL
heloooooo children......................................

Thorin

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 10, 2014, 07:55:56 PM
I wish there was an option to automatically pause the game on events (or at least red, dangerous events). It might help prevent things like this, and also keep players from losing a few seconds of preparation if, say, enemies pod into their base while they're at triple speed.

I graduated on the corresponding Pavlov training, flashing red and sound-> hit space bar reflex.
But even with a pause (automatic or not), I couldn't do nothing in the following case:

Had 5 pawns doing some map cleaning (hauling stuff) when the squirrels went mad. After the 20 or so squirrels were finally dead, I had to rescue them from all over on the map (I play the biggest map available). In the mean time I had those 5 drafted and melee attacking those vicious rodents for their dear deer squirrel life. In the end had 9 pawns in med-bay as they also overrun my base.

It was not a 'Oh dear lord' moment but 'Oh squirrel lord, why!!' moment.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

henryWW

actually before turrets didn't attack animals, that pissed me off so much because one colonist died to a squirell right next to a turret, now the turret just simply deal with them, i find this soooo good! but sure, there should be a "animal" switch option