[WIP] (Alpha7) Fireplaces - 0.03a - 07.11.2014

Started by Kubouch, October 21, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubouch

I just added an image to the topic so you can see how it looks so far. If anyone has better graphics, it would be much appreciated!

vagineer1

Quote from: Kubouch on November 07, 2014, 02:12:05 PM
I just added an image to the topic so you can see how it looks so far. If anyone has better graphics, it would be much appreciated!

Here is my review so far: I like the campfire for the early game. It gives me light and a way to cook without power in case of solar flares and electrical explosions. One thing I don't particularly like is the graphic when it is turned in any direction except south. Apart from that I love this mod and would endorse it if I could.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Kubouch

Quote from: vagineer1 on November 07, 2014, 02:17:07 PM

Here is my review so far: I like the campfire for the early game. It gives me light and a way to cook without power in case of solar flares and electrical explosions. One thing I don't particularly like is the graphic when it is turned in any direction except south. Apart from that I love this mod and would endorse it if I could.

Lol, yeah, it burns to the side :-D. It's a pretty hurried work made yesterday evening and serves as a placeholder for now. However, it's quite simple to add side/back graphics so I might do that at some point. I'm focusing on dll modding now, though, so more features can come in. Thanks for the review!

skullywag

Or make it non rotatable. Simple flag in the xm.

Edit - oh wait its a worktable derrr ignore me. :D
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

vagineer1

Quote from: Kubouch on November 07, 2014, 02:32:08 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on November 07, 2014, 02:17:07 PM

Lol, yeah, it burns to the side :-D. It's a pretty hurried work made yesterday evening and serves as a placeholder for now. However, it's quite simple to add side/back graphics so I might do that at some point. Thanks for the review!

Why don't you jest keep the South graphic for all turns and just change the work spot when you turn it?
You see this tank?

Kubouch

Quote from: vagineer1 on November 07, 2014, 02:35:19 PM
Why don't you jest keep the South graphic for all turns and just change the work spot when you turn it?

That's... very clever! Done, here you have it. Since it is not perfetly symmetrical it looks a bit different when facing left/right but I quess that's fine for now.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Kubouch

Changelog: Added campfire (temporary heat source)

I guess this is the end of my campfire :-D. Though I still might add some of my features on it. Plus the indoor fireplace. I haven't had the time to learn more C# and fiddle out with modding and I gues I won't have any in the near future as well. I guess I'll wait for A8 and see what can be done. And hope that I'll have more time.

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

vagineer1

Quote from: Kubouch on November 23, 2014, 05:18:43 AM
Changelog: Added campfire (temporary heat source)

I guess this is the end of my campfire :-D. Though I still might add some of my features on it. Plus the indoor fireplace. I haven't had the time to learn more C# and fiddle out with modding and I gues I won't have any in the near future as well. I guess I'll wait for A8 and see what can be done. And hope that I'll have more time.

Don't let Lord Tynan's tyrannical campfire bring an end to the Fireplace Republic. I'd say focus on fireplaces, preferably a pot bellied stove?
You see this tank?

Kubouch

Yeah, I'll return to this after A8 is released, see what's missing and try to fill my ideas in.