Minor UI: cleaning (home zone) feedback

Started by richard, November 10, 2013, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard

When you try to get someone to clean an area that's not in the "home zone" there's no feedback as to why they're not doing it. This had be quite stumped for ages because I'd obviously missed that the home zone was for cleaning and fire fighting. That's reasonable enough, but I just couldn't understand why my people weren't cleaning up!

Usually the UI tells me why people aren't able to be assigned a task. I'd suggest that the same feedback be given when you try to give them a task that's outside the home zone when that task is limited by the home zone.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: richard on November 10, 2013, 05:29:49 PM
When you try to get someone to clean an area that's not in the "home zone" there's no feedback as to why they're not doing it. This had be quite stumped for ages because I'd obviously missed that the home zone was for cleaning and fire fighting. That's reasonable enough, but I just couldn't understand why my people weren't cleaning up!

Usually the UI tells me why people aren't able to be assigned a task. I'd suggest that the same feedback be given when you try to give them a task that's outside the home zone when that task is limited by the home zone.

On that note, I'd appreciate it if you could manually force people to do something, no matter the reason it's not available, unless they're incapable of it.

Incapable of being social doesn't mean someone should be incapable of bringing food to a starving prisoner, it just means they shouldn't be capable of chatting with them or trying to recruit them.

There should never be a reason when you can't click a colonist, rightclick on a dirty tile, and tell them to clean it, or rightclick on an object and tell them to haul it. I don't care if that colonist has hauling disable, I want him to bloody haul right at this moment, and haul he shall! I don't care if somebody half-way across the map has decided he shall haul that object, I want this guy to haul it, this instant. And I definitely don't care that someone else has "reserved" that fire, this guy's on-scene, so he should be the one beating that bit of fire out this moment.
Raiders must die!

richard

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 10, 2013, 06:41:05 PM
On that note, I'd appreciate it if you could manually force people to do something, no matter the reason it's not available, unless they're incapable of it.
Yes, please. I was going to post this as well as a separate idea, but you've beaten me to it. Small tweak but very user-friendly.