[Mod Request] Unprepared

Started by Xfortran, November 14, 2014, 01:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xfortran

I'd like to see a mod similar to Prepare Carefully, but more along the lines of no (or little) preparation ie random number of colonists and random starting gear/supplies.

Igabod

you could suggest this as an option in EdB's Prepare Carefully mod. He already has a lot of options there to randomize the colonists. I'm sure he could add in a "Randomize All" button that does just what you suggest. I'd actually enjoy that a lot myself. Just think of the stories that could unfold if you random start it and are given 10 colonists with absolutely no starting supplies and 3 of them are injured and can't work? Or just 2 people survive the crash and they have nothing with them except 15 dusters and 1 short bow. Every game would be a widely different story.

FridayBiology

Sounds like fun, though would like a choice of ship type, for example if i'm a exotic food trader i'd have fruit/growers/a garden tools right? also a random chance for a fourth member? (the pilot, as sometimes he doesn't make it)
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

JuliaEllie

Ah you mean like weighted random lists? You choose the ship you crash and you get a random amount of random stuff based on the ship type? Thats a nice idea.