[A13] EdB Mod Order - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, November 15, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcongrey

Quote from: TheLoneWolf on June 21, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
So my game wouldn't load today so I went through and removed all of my mods 1 by 1 (19 in total) and it would always lead to Rimworld opening with just a black screen; music playing, but CTD shortly after.

I finally removed this mod and now its working, but I have no idea what the matter specifically is.

Was this mod in order right after Core ?  If not I found it will sometimes CTD or go black screen. If you are unsure, uninstall ALL mods  (but CORE, as this is the game) then install JUST this one. Once this is active then install the others through this one in their respective orders if they have core mods. 

Core is always first, second is this one, then everything else.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

harpo99999

I have just tried a load of 11b wwith the current mod order, and all I get whrn I click on the mod button in the main menu is a error log containing
Initialized the EdB Mod Order mod

'(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.InstalledMod.get_FolderName'.

at EdB.ModOrder.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.ModOrder.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56);
could this be an error for 11b in your mod or is it a BUG in the core rimword 11b?
btw this and a lot of other mods were working fine 11a woth mod order the first to load, and I copied all the mods from the 834 mods folder into the 857 mods folder (excuding the core mod of course)

EdB

You can expect an 11b release within the next day.

EdB

I've released a new version, 1.5.2, that adds support for Alpha 11b.  It also adds a French-language translation provided by kaptain_kavern (thanks!)

Usually the mod-loading code in the vanilla game changes very little between releases, so this mod is easy to update.  This time around, there were changes to that code, and I needed to make some adjustments to match those changes.  Please keep an eye out for bugs and let me know if you run into any issues.

r4ky

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: EdB on July 04, 2015, 02:07:15 PM
I've released a new version, 1.5.2, that adds support for Alpha 11b.  It also adds a French-language translation provided by kaptain_kavern (thanks!)
That was my way of saying thank to you ;)
thx for the quick update btw

Quote from: r4ky on July 04, 2015, 02:10:00 PM
nice for the french translation !  ;)
Ha un compatriote ? :p
J'esperais que cela allait aider certains ;)

skyarkhangel

EdB

Percy

mo0504

Hello EdB,

Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany.... i have a problem with the text and the caption of the buttons. I use the german version of rimworld and i have such hieroglyphics instead the normal letters, that happens only when i use an other language than english, french or korean. any idea maybe?

EdB

Quote from: mo0504 on August 27, 2015, 09:40:30 PM
Hello EdB,

Sorry for my bad english, i am from germany.... i have a problem with the text and the caption of the buttons. I use the german version of rimworld and i have such hieroglyphics instead the normal letters, that happens only when i use an other language than english, french or korean. any idea maybe?

This happens when you have the "Development Mode" game option turned on.  If you turn this off, the labels will appear in English.  In "Development Mode," the strange characters let you quickly see which text has not yet been translated.  French and Korean translations were both provided by members of the community--that's why those two languages worked without a problem.  There currently is no German translation for mod, but I'm always happy to add new translations when people send them to me.

mo0504

Ty very much for the solution... that was the reason indeed! greetings

Kulverstukass

I would like to suggest option to save list of activated mods, to be able fast-switch from "one many mods pack" to "other many (or not so) mods", as game saves active mods in list "ModsConfig". :)
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

donoya

As I'm kind-of new to adding mods to rimworld, could someone please explain to me how mod order matters and how to determine what order certain mods should be in? I get from reading bits and pieces about mod order that the core mod always comes first, but how would I determine where in the mod order a mod should be? I'm basically asking for an algorithm with which I can use to get any combination of mods to work (not accounting for incompatibilities or incorrectly coded mods).

Tekuromoto

As I understand it (and I'm by no means an expert), mod order mainly matters when two or more mods make changes to the same core definitions. In such a case, the latest loading mod's changes are what's loaded by the game.

With two simple mods - say that each modify the standard pistol - it's easy to decide which you want loaded last. The challenge comes with mods that have far-reaching changes, additions, and game-balances. Then simply loading one before the other may screw things up entirely. Hence the profusion of modpacks, where the curator has to tweak many files (including binaries) to get everything to play nice.

So basically, there is no silver bullet load order algorithm.