[A13] EdB Mod Order - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, November 15, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoya

Quote from: Tekuromoto on November 08, 2015, 08:49:24 PM
As I understand it (and I'm by no means an expert), mod order mainly matters when two or more mods make changes to the same core definitions. In such a case, the latest loading mod's changes are what's loaded by the game.

With two simple mods - say that each modify the standard pistol - it's easy to decide which you want loaded last. The challenge comes with mods that have far-reaching changes, additions, and game-balances. Then simply loading one before the other may screw things up entirely. Hence the profusion of modpacks, where the curator has to tweak many files (including binaries) to get everything to play nice.

So basically, there is no silver bullet load order algorithm.
I guess that makes sense. If it's dependent on what the mod changes with the core mod, it would make things much more difficult to determine.

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!

Arigas

I would say not, as it has [A12] in the title, and has not been updated since August 23, also in the title. I tried the Prepare Carefully mod, which someone said worked, but had nothing but issues. Can always try it out, see for yourself.

Dr. Z

Yes, I can also read. But I don't want to test it because it changes technical stuff instead of ingame things so I hoped someone had tried it out already.
Prasie the Squirrel!

EdB

I've released an Alpha 13 version of the Mod Order mod.  See the original post for the download link.

falconbunker

LadyAth

Fluffy (l2032)

EdB, you shouldn't start gameObjects in the ITab constructor - in A13, mods are loaded, and classes initialized, in a separate thread. It works sporadically in windows, but it crashes the game in linux.

Khaosius789

JacksonCoded

Quote from: Khaosius789 on April 17, 2016, 06:02:33 PM
Does not seem to work. Please advise.

Works fine for me... you have to enable just the mod order mod, then back out of the mod menu, then go back to the mod menu

KillerOrc

Quote from: Khaosius789 on April 17, 2016, 06:02:33 PM
Does not seem to work. Please advise.

Same here, I can´t get it to work. Been using mods since A10 and this one just isn´t working for me.

Tried everything I can think of. Might be that my default language isn´t English at startup but I changed all that and quit before unpacking, installing, quit and restarting.

It´s listed in among the mods but the interface is the vanilla one.

dismar

Severik

hey EDB, love the mod but could i ask a favor?

is it possible to save a spezific mod order/list as seperate xml or even just a txt file or hat ever is good and make it loadable/interchangeable like the Presets in prepera carefully? would save me (and i guess, some other ppl too) a bunch of time when checking which mod brings which error and reenabling them all afterwards in the correct manner....at least if one is using many mods

Demonlord091

Worked for about 10 minutes, then stopped working and started throwing errors.

Screenshot of said errors is attached.

Any clever ideas?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Lumaan

Quote from: Demonlord091 on April 21, 2016, 10:36:46 PM
Worked for about 10 minutes, then stopped working and started throwing errors.

Screenshot of said errors is attached.

Any clever ideas?
What version mod/game? Loadorder? What other mods?
I'm running around 45 mods, and EdB's mod  order have never failed or made errors. And that's with A13 + Mod order 1.7.1