[A13] EdB Mod Order - DISCONTINUED (15 July 2016)

Started by EdB, November 15, 2014, 07:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nommy

Awesome mod! I'd like to see a 'Reload Mods' button which would close the form and reload all the mods. It'd be useful if your editing a mod and need to test the changes. Perhaps it could be hidden when not in development mode. Also, you might want to mention somewhere that you can move the mods in the list using up and down arrow keys. Tooltip? That's really handy when you want to get something from the bottom of a big list to the top, rather than clicking those little up arrows each time it moves. Great work though, thanks for this!

Sleeeper

Would be useful to have buttons to move a mod to top or bottom of the list in 1 click.

EdB

I did a new release that includes a couple of changes:

• Re-worked the buttons that you click to change the order.  I think the new approach improves usability.  The buttons are now much easier to click.
  • Added a couple of warnings if you try to do something that you probably shouldn't (like disable all mods).
For mod-makers who are curious about how the mod works, I've included complete source code with lots and lots of comments.

Sir

Could you add the ability to setup, save, and load several mod configs for different saves?
The ability to collectively move multiple mods from either side would also be awesome. (Cntrl + Click like Windows?)

Loving this mod, makes my life so much easier to mess with the load order  ;D
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

EdB

Iwillbenicetou

Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

john pretzel

millenium

Kilderon

Found an odd interaction error when trying to track down a more serious error, not sure if it's being caused by Mod Order or Glassworks VII. (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3223.0) I figured I'd post it in both threads with the details.

Loading either mod alone causes no error, but loading the two together gets you: XML error: > doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingFilter.

Error is visible immediately upon closing the mod screen. Starting a colony is not required. Attached is a cropped image of the debug screen I get.

[attachment deleted due to age]

EdB

Quote from: Kilderon on December 20, 2014, 08:16:51 AM
Loading either mod alone causes no error, but loading the two together gets you: XML error: > doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingFilter.

From a quick test, I don't think the Mod Order mod factors into this.  I see this warning even if I just have Glassworks enabled with no other mods.

Coroser

Great mod.

Suggestion: Add the possiblity to save the list of chosen "active" mods.

want_some

This mod looks great! just one thing tho.

Add a save mod list button of some sort so its easy to change mods quicker. Currently I'm having to load the mods for one save, then rename the ModConfig file for the one seave, then when i need to use it, i rename it back to ModConfig. And sometimes i forget what save the file was for so i tend to redo the mod list again.

Suggestions:
Mod List Saving
Mod List Config Naming

Learning to mod while also updating TTM Mod!
Full credit goes to Minami26

shhfiftyfive

curious if you know how long it will take to get this a9 updated?

EdB