Underrated Sci-Fi Shows

Started by Robitski, November 07, 2013, 06:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galileus

If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. But learning appreciation for something we don't like is darn tough, and this he still needs to learn.

Pendryn

I have watched every episode of Doctor Who minus the latest season. I don't dislike it, it is just vastly overrated.
Reticulating all the splines.

Robitski

Quote from: Pendryn on November 10, 2013, 03:05:23 AM
I have watched every episode of Doctor Who minus the latest season. I don't dislike it, it is just vastly overrated.

Well, the new series is different. Watch some classic episodes. The new ones are bloody complicated and full of love crap. In the old ones it was 'Look, an evil alien! Let's blow it up!' Now it's 'I'm teh uncomin strom and i haet violnce derrherr'
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

Galileus

It always had (till now) great story, great characters and great direction. It was imaginative, full of surprises, related tension in a good way and darn - somehow even slipped past all these wibbly wobbly timey whimey stuff travel that just explode into ridiculous in half the shows that try it. So I'm really surprised someone would claim it's "overrated" - especially when it's already rather not all that big of a deal, with top shows like Mad Men that succumbed into circularity after first season, The Walking Dead with it's catastrophe of second and second half of third season and Breaking The Same As last Season Just With New Bad Words. These shows are fine btw, I still enjoy them a lot, but they suffer a lot of problems still.

Semmy

when i think about underrated sci-fi shows i always think back to space above and beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A5zQwNXtoU
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke