Execution made useful

Started by Wex, November 16, 2014, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

I asked for a mod, but someone pinted out that this could be a vanilla feature.
Take a look.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7375.0
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Wex

Yes, I know. I am bumping my own thread.
But I do this for having Tynan take a look.
Please don't kill me!  :P
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Zael

I would love to see this back in the game, beating people to change their mind or some mastermind esq execution to boost moral make me giddy xD

FridayBiology

:3 I normally just harvest the organs of unwanted ones, and some how manage to pickup those resistant ones i want within a day and abit after the culling.

> i've normally a 5-8 social guy as solo warden.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Wex

Yes, I know the 3 organ rule.
I find it distasteful, game mechanic wise.
That's why I proposed this idea; no one EVER execute prisoners. Yet we have the option.
Randomizing the chance to join the colony of survivors, seems a good trade for a 99 difficulty prisoner.
Also, if beating gets back, you could randomize even the lone 99 prisoner - at the cost of a chance of killing him in the process -
    Harlan Ellison

Zael

What I would want is a short period after they died to still get organs. Kidney and lung pairs seem to be rare these days lol. Then I wouldn't feel so bad about beating them to death for refusing to join me. There's never a shortage of pirates, but never enough smart ones.

litlbear

Would be interesting to have public executions that people could attend, maybe force prisoners to watch, hangings or beheadings, then have the body outside the gate for raiders to see.
yes

StorymasterQ

Quote from: litlbear on November 19, 2014, 10:18:47 PM
Would be interesting to have public executions that people could attend, maybe force prisoners to watch, hangings or beheadings, then have the body outside the gate for raiders to see.

Sounds like gibbet cages :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Zael

When fear was removed, the ability to control people via fear, and thus, the prisoner turnover that came with it dissapeared. If mood gets fear back, I think this would be the next logical step

FridayBiology

Hanging option?
Only require fully grown tree and some form of rope?

Could make punishment research?
> stockades, hanging stand, random punishment stuff?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology