[MOD] {ALPHA 7} Eug.. Genetics - by JuliaEllie - (early release) (16.11.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, November 16, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

YAY (this is awesome soon I shall ave the mods I want MURHAHAHAHAHAH)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Puch22

Love it, nice work. Though after I animate a corpse into a colonist they start to develop different stories. I cloned my best colonist who could do every task, the clone was fine then it generated a random name and story, so it stopped being able to clean and doctor, things like that.

P.S. Hi c:
A life can be lived millions of ways, but each is unique and can only be chosen once.

Moe

Hi Julia,

this mod is really fantastic and I had it featured in my stream.

Please keep up the good work your fan ->Gameutopia ;)
"no not a solar flare in the middle of an attack.. again.."

twitch.tv/gameutopia

Clibanarius

Julia, I love how every single one of your mods is awesome and creative (or just plain needed for RimWorld ala RumWorld). Thank you!

JuliaEllie

Thank you very much everyone. You are the best. It took some time to make this mod and its good to see you enjoy it even in its current state.

Minus

Gave me the fun idea to use EdB prepare carefully to reduce myself to one colonist. I then cloned him and forbid myself from using slaves. Difficult to get going, but pretty rewarding!

It also makes me want to create a corpse factory in my mod, using spare body parts and such, to go along with this one. Really liking the cost of corpses, as they're not something infinitely growable or easily buyable, but they're also not super expensive and rare either. It balances out well I'd say.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Minus on November 19, 2014, 12:21:55 AM
Gave me the fun idea to use EdB prepare carefully to reduce myself to one colonist. I then cloned him and forbid myself from using slaves. Difficult to get going, but pretty rewarding!

It also makes me want to create a corpse factory in my mod, using spare body parts and such, to go along with this one. Really liking the cost of corpses, as they're not something infinitely growable or easily buyable, but they're also not super expensive and rare either. It balances out well I'd say.

Thats a pretty cool idea Dr Frankenstein. Thats so grimdark GamesWorkshop is going to sue you :D Yeah Ive made good experience with corpses as crafting ingredient in earlier mods they are just about the right balance between availability and value - given youre not using the Zombie mod :D

kiko

Hello.. mighty modders of great mods 

First of all thx for the Dr.Frankestain feeling you provide
Having read about this mod(but haven't tested it yet) I've come in conclusion that a freeze room (like the one from Evil Genius) would be quite useful..The room should keep fresh the corpses for X amount of time and more corpses = more power demand :) Pretty fair i think..
Also maybe species cross breed... :D

Please don't take this like request or demand, this is just a simple idea that came to my (twisted :P ) mind.
I DON't know what are the possibilities of this engine NOR i have some great programming or modding knowledge

-------Edit ------
by mighty modders i mean on Julia and Minus

And one more thing...Sorry for bad English :D

eatKenny

i acctually had a idea a while ago, to make a mod that can clone pawns but with limited life span(like in the film "Moon") .

more specifically, i'd like to have a machine that can extract/save DNA form a pawn(live or dead, colonist, prisoner, animal etc.) and creat clones if necessary(which will take some time and some resource), as penalty each clone will give colonists a mood nerv "have a clone in the colony  -5". the clones will live about 15-30 days and then die.

even better, there might be a "clone trader" which arrives like other trader and make a clone for you as your request, the clones will land in drop pods.

the purpose is to boost the colony in a specific direction for a short time: if you urgently need a lot of metal then clone the miner, if you have too many prisoners then clone the talker etc. and of cause, if your favorite colonist dies, you can always have a colne.

i don't know if you have time to make this, i will also post this als a mod request.

JuliaEllie

I totally love the idea of a limited life time. I could make it one ingame month or something. This could bring balance to the force .. err.. clones.

Halinder

The fact that this exists opens a window of opportunities.

Specifically, in coordination with the zombie apocalypse mod and the mechanical defense mod, one can add a zombie room to a killbox. Simply place receding walls as doors so the zombies don't beat them down, make sure it's powered, then all you need is a single zombie to begin sacrificing colonists to the greater good of defensive power!

Ded1

Yeah Julia i will definatly be adding this to the modpack when its out of early release.  Sounds like it would fit right in.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

caesius

hi! i'v been interested in this mod and its wonderful!

but found some bugs (one is critical)

let genome status window be opened. wait until auto saving.
then game gonna be crushed (more exactly, saving and save file is fine. and game is continually progress. but you need to re-start game because of window color crush). it is very critical bug i think.

and i can't destroy so many of useless genomes. my Crematory can't burn those items (other items
are can be burned normally). so i just burn them manually (by using flame thrower).
i think you need to make some way to destroy genomes

and it is needed, i think, to rebalance process.
i could make perfect genome(full interested in every work. have superior traits, and even great appearance) by copy and mix and choose superior one and process (evolution like process?). markers are not used. it takes some time (about 10 hour?) but it can be done, easily more than your expectation.

thank you for your wonderful work again ! plz continue this mod! (my english is suck so you might have some trouble to read this. sorry about that :P)

JuliaEllie

Quote from: caesius on November 23, 2014, 04:07:43 AM
hi! i'v been interested in this mod and its wonderful!

but found some bugs (one is critical)

let genome status window be opened. wait until auto saving.
then game gonna be crushed (more exactly, saving and save file is fine. and game is continually progress. but you need to re-start game because of window color crush). it is very critical bug i think.

and i can't destroy so many of useless genomes. my Crematory can't burn those items (other items
are can be burned normally). so i just burn them manually (by using flame thrower).
i think you need to make some way to destroy genomes

and it is needed, i think, to rebalance process.
i could make perfect genome(full interested in every work. have superior traits, and even great appearance) by copy and mix and choose superior one and process (evolution like process?). markers are not used. it takes some time (about 10 hour?) but it can be done, easily more than your expectation.

thank you for your wonderful work again ! plz continue this mod! (my english is suck so you might have some trouble to read this. sorry about that :P)

Thank you very much for your reports. That is really an interesting bug and I have no clue why this happens. I guess Ill need to have a closer look at this.
Yeah right I forgot to make a way to destory genomes maybe I just should make them burnable at the crematorium like you said.
I think spending 10 hours on a single mods feature is enough - there are many other mods out there which want attention as well.

Comments like this make me want to continue the mod even more :)

caesius

thanks for reply!

i wanted get great appearance and all great features. so it tooks 10 hours. but if i didnt consider
appearance and not significant features. than it takes more less time i think. (about 5 hours maybe?)
and you should noticed that, i didnt use marker. if use marker properly, well...