[MOD] {ALPHA 7} Eug.. Genetics - by JuliaEllie - (early release) (16.11.2014)

Started by JuliaEllie, November 16, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john1978

Clibanarius

JuliaEllie isn't a male name, typically. Waaaat. That said, this mod is so damned great.

Ded1

Btw JuliaEllie once this is mostly bug free (almost impossible to get all bugs out of something) mind if i add it to the pack?  If you could toss me a message when its good i would very much appreciate it if i can.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Snowpig

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Snowpig on December 01, 2014, 07:13:42 AM
How do i get rid of genomes i do not need?

Well.. at the moment you dont.. But I will make a solution for this on the Alpha 8 update. :)

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ouan

So, I went to write to you about your mode being totally broken. It was going to be one of the few major complaints that I have had for your mods. Instead, it turns out that I can not read and now require to go back to kindergarten to learn 7 from 8. I decided that after my first play-through on the new alpha to dive into the mods that are out already as I usually do after my first sorjourn to into learning the new mechanics. It turns out that the mod for genomes is not yet 8 and when installed on my newest colony, it makes the game unplayable, but only after you first try to build one of your mods pieces.
I usually turn to your mod productions first to see what has come out of your mind since I last played. When I went onto your twitch today to see if you had anything cooking and I saw a new list to all of your creations that you had linked. I went through the list, fell in love wit the genome idea on top of the the borging process, and figured that coupled with ExtendedSurgery, I would make quite the evil mountain fortress of enhanced doom. Alas, neither this mod nor extended surgery are yet out for Alpha 8, so I will have to wait impatiently for this mod to be revamped for the new changes (as it obviously is not near to compatible based upon my error log of despair and my now unplayable play-through) . Not bad crowd appeal considering that I did not even know you had made this thing before today. Keep up the good work!
Damn Pirates!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Ouan on December 15, 2014, 08:55:21 PM
So, I went to write to you about your mode being totally broken. It was going to be one of the few major complaints that I have had for your mods. Instead, it turns out that I can not read and now require to go back to kindergarten to learn 7 from 8. I decided that after my first play-through on the new alpha to dive into the mods that are out already as I usually do after my first sorjourn to into learning the new mechanics. It turns out that the mod for genomes is not yet 8 and when installed on my newest colony, it makes the game unplayable, but only after you first try to build one of your mods pieces.
I usually turn to your mod productions first to see what has come out of your mind since I last played. When I went onto your twitch today to see if you had anything cooking and I saw a new list to all of your creations that you had linked. I went through the list, fell in love wit the genome idea on top of the the borging process, and figured that coupled with ExtendedSurgery, I would make quite the evil mountain fortress of enhanced doom. Alas, neither this mod nor extended surgery are yet out for Alpha 8, so I will have to wait impatiently for this mod to be revamped for the new changes (as it obviously is not near to compatible based upon my error log of despair and my now unplayable play-through) . Not bad crowd appeal considering that I did not even know you had made this thing before today. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I am very sorry that this mod ruined your playthrough but at the moment I can not update this mod to Alpha 8 because Lord Tynan made a core method used in the mod as a core mechanic (namely adding Comps on runtime) private. The whole genome management relied on the forbidable component and the AddComp() method was embedded in my own ThingMaker. Porting this mod to Alpha 8 would mean a complete rewrite of the mod.

caesius

Tormound

Is it possible to make it so instead of doing the whole genome splicing and such(since it's not possible anymore) that you could make it so that colonist you send to these production tables are cloned? Like fully cloned with the same name and skills at the time they were made?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Tormound on January 18, 2015, 02:12:21 PM
Is it possible to make it so instead of doing the whole genome splicing and such(since it's not possible anymore) that you could make it so that colonist you send to these production tables are cloned? Like fully cloned with the same name and skills at the time they were made?

Well I could but that would be too easy and also defeat the whole purpose of the mod

Tormound

Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 18, 2015, 02:46:40 PM

Well I could but that would be too easy and also defeat the whole purpose of the mod
I was under the whole "something is better than nothing" impression. Also, I was looking for a mod like that and you're the only one who did something even similar to it that i could find. On another note. If you were to make such a mod. How hard would it be?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Tormound on January 18, 2015, 03:11:06 PM
Quote from: JuliaEllie on January 18, 2015, 02:46:40 PM

If would be pretty simple to make. I would only have to copy the pawn and respawn it - no big deal.

I was under the whole "something is better than nothing" impression. Also, I was looking for a mod like that and you're the only one who did something even similar to it that i could find. On another note. If you were to make such a mod. How hard would it be?