[WIP] More Flowers !

Started by Evilrat, November 16, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evilrat

Hello everybody,

I'm just starting to learn stuff on modding and I was wondering what havn't been already added in rimwold ? The answer was obviously something completely useless : the flowers !

Objectives :

Add several types of flowers to grow
Add the possibility to choose which flower to grow in your plant pot (else several buttons or a contextual menu)
Add a flower crown (positiv thought effect)

Problem encountered so far :

I don't know a thing about dll
I have no idea what to put in place of th <defaultPlantToGrow> balise
I tried first to create one plant pot for each flower but they don't seem to appear i think i need to link them to the stuff system but as i don't really how it works i'm just guessing there ...

Of course help isn't only appreciated and wanted, it is also indispensable because i havn't found mooding tutorial on the wiki about modifying already existing object. If there's one please post the link.

All faults in my posts are not of my responsability cause i'm french. That's the law(somewhere)

Igabod

I actually already started working on this exact subject. The beginning phase of it is available as an early release in my modpack on this thread https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7763.0. Currently it only has sunflowers and sunflower seeds in it. But I've already got some progress made in the flower pots for each different flower started for the next update to that mod which will be maybe tomorrow or the next day. I've got a square flower pot for roses so far but it's easy enough to make one for each flower. I'll probably go that route rather than make a float menu selection for the type of flower. I'd really appreciate some more ideas for that mod. I need suggestions for which types of flowers to add. I also would appreciate it if somebody contributed textures to for it and I can easily add all the items into the files. If you want to contribute some textures then I'll happily add a credit to you for your work.

Igabod

Well Tynan decided he would make it possible to plant all flowers in the flower pots and didn't note it in the change log. So I wasted a lot of effort with those XML defs. But I'll be working on adding new flowers soon as well as a few more flower beds with interesting designs. So I'm still looking for suggestions as far as interesting looking flowers that would be relatively easy to draw.