Colonist priority tweaks (Going hungry and Tired)

Started by ZodiacHuddy, November 17, 2014, 04:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZodiacHuddy

It has occurred in many of my play through's that my colonist weather it be wardens or doctors or any job for that matter just those two are the worst for it. That when my colonists are slightly hungry or tired do no go and eat until starving or exhausted and by the times they start the process to eat or sleep they start to go crazy. I had one colonist who was hungry and tired so i took all his jobs away and he just stood there and then went crazy. I think there should be a way to manage it. Maybe make sure colonists eat or sleep when they become tired or hungry. Or perhaps have it when colonists wake up and start to eat in the morning carry some food and keep some food with them in there inventory similar to raiders and travelers. And an extra feature would be right click colonist and tell them to sleep or eat or select colonist and right click on the bed or the food you wish them to consume. Maybe even have a cafe area or furniture where the cook stores the food and when you wish to feed all your colonists right click it with the cook selected and get them to serve food to all colonists causing all colonists to go and eat this would also create a cafe area making additional use for table and chairs. With the new art and beauty system this could be seen as how clean or how beautiful the cafe area is in turn giving out the relative mood effects.

Zael

It always seemed kind of odd that visitors and raiders would take with them whole meals on platters. I get that there isn't really a snack or portable looking food aside from the packaged survival meals, and raw berries reduces mood. I think that, oddness aside, since the AI takes meals with them, it would be cool to let our colonists take a meal on the go with them so they can eat when in the middle of massive organ harvests or medical emergencies, so they can take lunch like normal people and not work for 24 hours without rest or food.

On that note, I suggest you have multiple doctors and swap out tasks manually. I've been doing that to get people to take breaks and stay sane.