Help Creating Modpack

Started by Ded1, November 18, 2014, 12:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded1

So i plan to create a modpack however the mods i want to use have some minor incompatibility between them (as far as i can tell just texture issues, and some are hilarious, such as a trader hut being a giant potato).  The problem is i do not know how to fix any problems, so i came here asking what i might have to do.

Here is a list of the mods i would like to include (in no particular order).

TTM[Custom Events]
Turret Collection
Immersive Rim
EdB Interface UI Mod
Roof Support
Clutter Mod
PurpleIvy
Extended Surgery and Bionics
T's Mods
Apothecarius Seven
EdB Prepare Carefully
Enhanced Defence: Phoenix Edition (Shields, Embrasures, LaserDrill, VisibleRadius, WallConnect, Plants24H)
Less Incident Trolling (No fault version)
Miscellaneous w MAI
New Recipe Nurse Tool
Mining&Co.: Deepdriller MkII + MMS MkII
Turret Collection v1.5
Glitter Tech (i will be modifying this to be more in line with immersive rim)
Roof Bomb
I will be asking the authors of said mods for permission if i can actually get them to all play nice, if i cant then i wont make the pack and wont have wasted their time.  Of course all mod authors will receive proper credit as well as anyone who renders assistance.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Haplo

Most of the times the texture replacement problem occurs when you change mods and start a new colony without first restarting RimWorld.
If you restart RimWorld and create a new colony without entering the mods menu it should work better.

Ded1

ok i will try with a new colony now then and see how it works, i do know there are errors though from the console, i hope i can recieve some help when i copy them over to here. Thanks.
Feel Good Modpack

Rikiki

Be sure to also create a new world to remove faction-related possible bugs.
Post the output_log.txt file for us to help you, not a picture of the console... ;)

skullywag

PurpleIvy at least lt will need a new world for its factions.

Workflow for me:

Open game
turn on mods in logical order
hit save
close game
reopen game
play
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ded1

Yeah the new world thing isn't an issue i know about that, i thought the graphical glitches were a result of incompatibility of the mods.  I didn't know about needing to restart the game for it to work correctly.  But it seems that all the mods work correctly so all i have to do is get permission to include them and (this is where help comes in) modify glitter tech so its stuff isn't completely OP.  Though i guess since im not dealing with incompatibilities with mods a normal modding tutorial should work.  So i guess this thread can kinda die off unless i get stuck.  Thank you for your help.
Feel Good Modpack

skullywag

Well for what its worth. Feel free to go nuts with anything ive made for Rimworld. You have full perms.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

As long as you comply to my license (eg. give credit) you are free to use my stuff too :)

Rikiki

Same for me, respect the creative common licence and it is all good. :)

JuliaEllie

Yeah just give credit and everything is fine :) I would also suggest to make a few balance/cosmetic changes like reducing the amount of workbenches and maybe resources if they are double. No need to have several versions of the same resource or if there are two tables which can make armor only use one and add the recipes of the other to this one. Same goes for everything else :)

Ded1

Well at initial release its just gonna be the equivalent of a bulk download, however i will start from there to tweak it.  In the end i will have many things hidden behind other techs and (hopefully) less workbenches, cause i can think of one that is essentially a duplicate of another.

Though i am NOT looking forward to A8 mod updates.  That's gonna be a lot of work.

Btw can anyone recommend another mod that adds alternate resource gathering?  Astrotech is now off the list so i was hoping there would be other options.
Feel Good Modpack

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Ded1 on November 18, 2014, 11:41:10 AM
Well at initial release its just gonna be the equivalent of a bulk download, however i will start from there to tweak it.  In the end i will have many things hidden behind other techs and (hopefully) less workbenches, cause i can think of one that is essentially a duplicate of another.

Though i am NOT looking forward to A8 mod updates.  That's gonna be a lot of work.

Btw can anyone recommend another mod that adds alternate resource gathering?  Astrotech is now off the list so i was hoping there would be other options.

Not sure what you mean by alternate resource gathering, but I think immersive rim already has what you are looking for. Resources like hyperweave and metal can be  produced by combining other resources. So you can make hard-to-get things (metal) from easier-to-get things (potatoes) for a significant loss ratio.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Aristocat

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on November 19, 2014, 09:51:41 AM

Not sure what you mean by alternate resource gathering, but I think immersive rim already has what you are looking for. Resources like hyperweave and metal can be  produced by combining other resources. So you can make hard-to-get things (metal) from easier-to-get things (potatoes) for a significant loss ratio.

Not really significant lose considering wood price 1.4, and metal is 3.2. you lose 2 log every time 1 metal is crafted, but crafting skill kicks in and.. with +14 skill it's bit op.

Do you think uranium and missiles should be craftable?

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Aristocat on November 19, 2014, 10:50:03 AM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on November 19, 2014, 09:51:41 AM

Not really significant lose considering wood price 1.4, and metal is 3.2. you lose 2 log every time 1 metal is crafted, but crafting skill kicks in and.. with +14 skill it's bit op.

Do you think uranium and missiles should be craftable?

I was referring to Hyperweave in particular when I thought of loss, which, if I remember correctly, was 40 metal and 10 cloth for 10 hyperweave, or something like that. Uranium and missles should be craftable once they have a use.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Ded1

Well i never actually messed with immersive rims smelter (other than stone into stone bricks) so i didn't realize that.  Works perfectly then.  And there are many mods that make uranium and missiles useful so that would be a nice option as well.  I basically wanted the player to have a few ways to get resources depending on their preference, or even use them all at once if wanted.
Feel Good Modpack