Need some good looking textures for Mechanical Defense 2

Started by mipen, November 18, 2014, 04:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

I was hoping someone might be kind enough to do some nice looking textures for some things I have in my mod Mechanical Defense 2.
I do realise it is quite a long list and a big ask for somebody to do, but you would be fully credited and anything done would be greatly, immensely appreciated :)
What I would need is:

- A 2x1 'chest', which has two sort of mechanical 'mouths' or openings in the centre of each half. My attempted drawing is shown below.

- A 3x3 building called a fissure generator which is a machine that digs holes in the ground. Not many ideas on how this could look, but the current texture is shown below

- A 1x1 'fissure' which is basically a crack in the ground. Preferably would blend into the floor, kind of like the steam geyser does. My attempt is below

- A 2x3 oil derrick (As reference: https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=oil+derrick&client=firefox-a&hs=M8L&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_w5rVMDcCKXXmAWJ6IL4Aw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=969)

- A 2x1 machine that takes oil in and outputs barrels of oil. Not many ideas for this one, but maybe some sort of control panel, and it would need to be dirty and worn, maybe with oil spattered over it

- A 1x1 barrel of oil. Maybe just a simple barrel with some rust on it and an oil droplet on the front as a sort of logo.

- A 1x1 ruby. Just a nice looking ruby that would fit the aesthetics of rimworld. My attempt is below

jabbamonkey

Had some questions about your textures....

For the 2x1 chest... I can easily do a chest image.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"mechanical mouths"?  I think of a standard chest as opening with a lid.  Please clarify... thanks.

For the 3x3 fissure generator ... It sounds similar to the geothermal generator (which technically uses steam to generate electricity). Is the fissure generator supposed to harness whatever is emitted from the fissure?

For the 2x3 derrick - check out Minami Tech Tree... thats a mod that uses oil, oil pumps and refineries (I have images that I created for the oil spot, and the refinery, but haven't touched the oil pump - because I never used it in-game).

For the oil-to-oil-barrel machine - check out the Minami Tech Tree mod ... you can place an oil pump onto of an oil patch, and that produces oil. Or you can place a refinery ontop of the same oil patch, and it will create a can of refined oil. This might be a good solution (and make the oil-to-oil-barrel machine unnecessary)

The oil barrel and ruby are pretty obvious...

mipen

Quote from: jabbamonkey on November 21, 2014, 01:17:42 AM
Had some questions about your textures....

For the 2x1 chest... I can easily do a chest image.  I'm not sure what you mean by
"mechanical mouths"?  I think of a standard chest as opening with a lid.  Please clarify... thanks.

For the 3x3 fissure generator ... It sounds similar to the geothermal generator (which technically uses steam to generate electricity). Is the fissure generator supposed to harness whatever is emitted from the fissure?

For the 2x3 derrick - check out Minami Tech Tree... thats a mod that uses oil, oil pumps and refineries (I have images that I created for the oil spot, and the refinery, but haven't touched the oil pump - because I never used it in-game).

For the oil-to-oil-barrel machine - check out the Minami Tech Tree mod ... you can place an oil pump onto of an oil patch, and that produces oil. Or you can place a refinery ontop of the same oil patch, and it will create a can of refined oil. This might be a good solution (and make the oil-to-oil-barrel machine unnecessary)

The oil barrel and ruby are pretty obvious...
It's not so much a chest per-say, I just didn't know what else to call it. It would have two openings in the top that look like the centre area of the right hand side image:

That would be the opening of the 'chest' through which items would come through.

The fissure generator doesn't actually generate power, sorry for the misleading name. It creates a crack in the ground (the fissures) for my miners to use. It would sort of be like a big drill or have some attachments like this digger has:

Ah thanks for the tip on TTM, I'll check it out =]