[MOD] (Alpha 7) Immersive Body 1.5.1 hot fix : Creation of super human

Started by Aristocat, November 19, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it would be nice if raider weapons destroyed on drop?

Yes
No
Probably, but only if weapon is craftable
This will not compatible well with project armory
Etc. (Comment)

Aristocat

Description
Add Implants and sub-dermal armor which helps colonist in various ways, bionics, and Increase health of limbs and torso so no longer single hit kills colonists or destroys limbs.

Download Immersive Rim

Feature

*Increase health of Limbs, Head, Skull, Neck to 45 and torso to 85 so no longer single hit kills colonists or destroys limbs.

*Add Implants and sub-dermal armor which helps colonist in various ways (currently wearable like armor)
*Sub-dermal armor protect specific body part(e.g. brain, heart, body) and can equipped with other armors
*Brain, Heart, Bone(Pelvis, Ribs, Spine etc. except skull), Eye and other vital organ sub-dermal armors make specific body part immune to damage
*Sub-dermal armor head protect Skin (Ear, Nose, Jaw, and Head) and Skull by 20%,  equip with Power armor helmet and up to 95% protection
*Body Sub-dermal armor protect body skin(Torso, Arms, Legs, Feet and Hands.) by 15%, equip with Power armor and hyper weave shirt to up to 95% protection

*implants boost efficient at specific job,
*Empathy synthesizer improve trade price, social, gift impact and recurit chance,
*Logic co-processor increase global learning speed and help research and medical operation,
*Optics enhancer, Arm enhancer, and Probability calculator reduce aiming time and increase accuracy, up to thrice faster aiming and twice more accurate.
*Tranquilizer injector calm unstable colonist
*Leg enhancer increase speed.
*Craftable in the implants table.

*Shirt now protect arms and hands Duster now protect arms and legs
*Power Armor now increase colonist's accuracy and aiming speed
*Power Armor Protect hand and feet
*Power Armor and helmet Greatly buffed (blunt 30% to 60%. heat 30% to 60%. Electric 0% to 60%. Toxic ? % 60%)
*Power Armor reduce global work speed by 30%
*Power Armor slow down colonist by 1.5
*Power Armor helmet reduce psychic sensitivity by 50% and Power armor reduce mental break threshold by 5

*Enemy's power armor and implants destroyed on strip
*Scyther Knife damage increased 16 to 45, Power Claw 18 to 35, bionic arm cause twice more pain.
*Add bionic organs (stomach, liver, etc.) and limbs. Craftable in the bionic table
*Add Medical practice table, can practice surgery with corpses
*Trigger Happy and Careful Shooter has been nerfed
*Add peg arm
*All surgery give exprience but all surgerys also require medicine skill
*Add Warhammer organs, Catalepsean Node, Healer, etc, doesn't working as intended but reduce pain twice more than normal bionic
*Each bionic reduce pain so cyborg colonist no longer feel any pain

*Add Cyborg type enemy. Always equipped with full power armor, body and head sub-dermal armor and Optics enhancer, Probability calculator, Leg and Arm enhancer.

Note 1 : This mod is balanced around Immersive weaponry, with vanilla two sniper shoot will still kill full bionic cyborg, and aim time bonus isn't really great since vanilla weapons has fixed 40 cooldown time(doesn't affected by aim time).

Note 2 : Don't activate ImmersiveApparel if you're using ImmersiveBody

Note 3 : You need Immersive Craft or any other mod to craft material(Plasteel, Synthread, etc) also crafting Power armor require other mod(ICraft, or Apparello).

Note 4 : You'll see lots of bugs if you load existing saves(especially missing body parts), please start new colony.

Note 5 : Hard surgeries like installing heart or bionic parts require +10 skill.

Compatible List : Probably compatible with all other surgery mods.

Let me know if you have any complaint.

Todo list : learn c coding and add Astarte(Space marine) and dreadnought

Download Immersive Rim

Aristocat

It seems compatible with Extended surgery and bionics mod.

Activate extended'... mod first. and activate Immersive body second, and activate EDB interface and THEN activate Recipe nurse.

Cat123

Your download is an .exe file that is 917kb while the download screen claims it is 19 meg. Named: ImmersiveRim.1.5.rar.exe The contents are also not Rimworld files - I opened it without triggering the .exe and I didn't like what I saw. Flagged, which is a shame, because I was wondering how you added <stats> to bodyparts.

Note: with NoScript turned off, file is now the correct one, which is doubly-dodgy....

Anyhow, might not be on your end - I'll edit once I work out why that link did what it did.

<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>NearBrain</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>OnSkin</li>
      </layers>
      <commonality>0</commonality>
    </apparel>

and

<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Heart</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>Overhead</li>
      </layers>
    </apparel>

I see the solution to the lack of tags on bodyparts is to do it this way - I'm surprised that apparel can work this way. I'm surprised that the <cyborg> tag works from just this:

<outfits>
      <li>
        <def>Cyborg</def>
        <commonality>100</commonality>
      </li>
    </outfits>

Hacky, but it works which is funky - do you know if it works with apparelo mods? (layering, specifically)

Tynan

I've removed the download link until the modder can find a clean host. Looks like SendSpace is a malware trap.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Aristocat

Quote from: Cat123 on November 19, 2014, 01:00:56 PM
Your download is an .exe file that is 917kb while the download screen claims it is 19 meg. Named: ImmersiveRim.1.5.rar.exe The contents are also not Rimworld files - I opened it without triggering the .exe and I didn't like what I saw. Flagged, which is a shame, because I was wondering how you added <stats> to bodyparts.

Note: with NoScript turned off, file is now the correct one, which is doubly-dodgy....

Anyhow, might not be on your end - I'll edit once I work out why that link did what it did.

<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>NearBrain</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>OnSkin</li>
      </layers>
    </apparel>

and

<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Heart</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>Overhead</li>
      </layers>
    </apparel>

I see the solution to the lack of tags on bodyparts is to do it this way - I'm surprised that apparel can work this way. I'm surprised that the <cyborg> tag works from just this:

<outfits>
      <li>
        <def>Cyborg</def>
        <commonality>100</commonality>
      </li>
    </outfits>

Hacky, but it works which is funky - do you know if it works with apparelo mods? (layering, specifically)

Yes it work with apparelo as long as apparelo doesn't protect body parts with head layer or vice versa

Quote from: Tynan on November 19, 2014, 01:21:44 PM
I've removed the download link until the modder can find a clean host. Looks like SendSpace is a malware trap.

You sure sendspace is trap? I just downloaded from same link and it's not .Exe file, nor from other mods that uploaded on sendspace, I afraid cat123's computer is virused..

Re-uploaded

Cat123

Quote from: Aristocat on November 19, 2014, 03:40:41 PM
You sure sendspace is trap? I just downloaded from same link and it's not .Exe file, nor from other mods that uploaded on sendspace, I afraid cat123's computer is virused..

Re-uploaded

I just ran Spybot Search & Destroy and various other programs, and my system is 100% clean - I also run firefox with NoScript, Ghostery, AdBlock and so on.

This is your file -

You'll notice that on your new link the .exe has changed value.

liverged.net
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Ben Dal
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Golani 2
Registrant City: Sderot
Registrant State/Province: Sderot
Registrant Postal Code: 8712301
Registrant Country: IL
Registrant Phone: +972.527429766
Registrant Email: Email Masking [email protected]

So yeah; malware. The reason you're not seeing it is probably because your system isn't detecting the redirect, derp.

Oh, and some more proof:

https://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/1hj3hy/sendspace_is_sending_targeted_malware/
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/121946-warning-sendspacecom-sending-fake-files/
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/trojan-abuses-sendspace-a-closer-look/
http://4chandata.org/g/So-friend-just-had-a-possible-malware-encounter-on-SendSpace-Nothing-happened-but-my-friend-was-alerted-when-his-download-looked-s-a97116

EVERYONE has noted sendspace's little trick of adding .exe loaders to the first click on their downloads.

So - next time don't be a DERP and do a little 5min of research; apparently it's their own malware, an unsolicited "download manager", but it's 100% not ok for files to redirect to .exes without permission.

TL;DR

If you uncheck the box with "download accelerator", it doesn't do the hijack. It's still scummy as hell though.

ItchyFlea

That file appears to simply be a downloader for the actual mod, not a virus.
Although VirusTotal gave a detection ratio of 5/53.

Comodo Instant Malware Analysis seems to report that it isn't a virus, but rather a downloader app:
When activated, that file contacts sendspace and sends a get request with this URL: https://fs09n3.sendspace.com/dllp/d6da47d313ea7f7883cf8c8039b08216/546d0843/000000/b8zgts/immersive 20rim 201.5.rar (Well, a slightly different one that browsers don't like to read, I've formatted it enough for browsers to accept.)
Which correctly downloads the mod.

Might want to avoid sendspace in the future, especially if they haven't mentioned that they do this to large files.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Cat123

Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 19, 2014, 04:27:49 PM

Comodo Instant Malware Analysis seems to report that it isn't a virus, but rather a downloader app:
When activated, that file contacts sendspace and sends a get request with this URL: https://fs09n3.sendspace.com/dllp/d6da47d313ea7f7883cf8c8039b08216/546d0843/000000/b8zgts/immersive 20rim 201.5.rar (Well, a slightly different one that browsers don't like to read, I've formatted it enough for browsers to accept.)

Might want to avoid sendspace in the future, especially if they haven't mentioned that they do this to large files.

Yeah, as the TL;DR mentioned, it's their "download accelerator" - it's undocumented, and let's just say that I'm wary of redirects to IL / RU domains for very good reasons.

Sorry for the drama, the mod itself is very good. It's a solution to an issue I'm having, but I'm not sure I want to go this route - but it works, which makes it 100% better than anything else atm ;)

Shinzy

Quote from: Aristocat on November 19, 2014, 03:40:41 PMYes it work with apparelo as long as apparelo doesn't protect body parts with head layer or vice versa

Time to make tiny stetsons to be worn on your brain like! and miniature clothing for all the other internal organs! *rubs hands together*

Only "issue" with running this with Apparello would probably be *very* crowded apparel list on your colonists if you get all the socks and boots and implants

Cat123

Quote from: Shinzy on November 19, 2014, 04:39:43 PM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 19, 2014, 03:40:41 PMYes it work with apparelo as long as apparelo doesn't protect body parts with head layer or vice versa

Time to make tiny stetsons to be worn on your brain like! and miniature clothing for all the other internal organs! *rubs hands together*

Only "issue" with running this with Apparello would probably be *very* crowded apparel list on your colonists if you get all the socks and boots and implants

This was the only bit I was worried about:
<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Heart</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>Overhead</li>
      </layers>

Wasn't sure if anything else used the "overhead" layer. Floating balloons mod?

Only two other issues:

1) The subdermal stuff can be removed - it'd be more elegant if it was permanent
2) Balance related - many parts of the subdermal give 100% protection to all classes (bad idea, especially since some over-lap. e.g. torso covers stomach, liver, kidneys for a double bonus)
2)a) Some of the items give massive bonuses:     <equippedStatOffsets>
<GlobalLearningFactor>0.5</GlobalLearningFactor>
<ResearchSpeed>0.3</ResearchSpeed>
<MedicalOperationSpeed>0.5</MedicalOperationSpeed>
<BaseHealingQuality>0.5</BaseHealingQuality>
<HealingSpeed>0.5</HealingSpeed>
    </equippedStatOffsets>

50% boosts to healing speed, XP, 30% to research... hmm. Or

<equippedStatOffsets>
<MoveSpeed>0.8</MoveSpeed>
    </equippedStatOffsets>
    <apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>InLeg</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>

That's +80% from each leg, then an additional +20% from each bionic leg. Cripes.

Those are (minor) balance tweaks though.

PiCroft

Reposting here because I'm not too sure which thread is the correct one.

I'm really interested in ImmersiveBodies and I'm currently using the TTM Full Pack and Eugenics. I can activate everything up to ImmersiveBodies which seems to give a ton of errors.

http://pastebin.com/kAVXg9NU

I'm not too sure what's going wrong, am I missing a mod, or loading something in the wrong order?

millenium

Aristocat

Quote from: Cat123 on November 19, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
Quote from: ItchyFlea on November 19, 2014, 04:27:49 PM

Yeah, as the TL;DR mentioned, it's their "download accelerator" - it's undocumented, and let's just say that I'm wary of redirects to IL / RU domains for very good reasons.

Sorry for the drama, the mod itself is very good. It's a solution to an issue I'm having, but I'm not sure I want to go this route - but it works, which makes it 100% better than anything else atm ;)

I can't find "accelerator" thingy, are you gold member by chance?

Edit :

"I believe I found the problem. My friend is a dumbass and click the "download with accelerator" button that gives you sendspace's gay manager. Thread over."

"After some digging, I believe this is their "sendspace accelerator", which is being detected as adware. It even says on the checkbox for downloading using the software that it provides "recommended offers".
Take a look at it in links: http://i.imgur.com/SluxDf8.png
This is also only served to windows browsers, it appears, since the accelerator is windows only.
As for the IP restrictions, it could be due to local laws and legal shenanigans?"

I don't know if Adblock removed it so I can't see it but if you're wary of this you should obviously unchecked it, and none of links you provided seems concluded it as malware.

Quote from: Cat123 on November 19, 2014, 04:45:01 PM
This was the only bit I was worried about:
<apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>Heart</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>
      <layers>
        <li>Overhead</li>
      </layers>

Wasn't sure if anything else used the "overhead" layer. Floating balloons mod?

Only two other issues:

1) The subdermal stuff can be removed - it'd be more elegant if it was permanent
2) Balance related - many parts of the subdermal give 100% protection to all classes (bad idea, especially since some over-lap. e.g. torso covers stomach, liver, kidneys for a double bonus)
2)a) Some of the items give massive bonuses:     <equippedStatOffsets>
<GlobalLearningFactor>0.5</GlobalLearningFactor>
<ResearchSpeed>0.3</ResearchSpeed>
<MedicalOperationSpeed>0.5</MedicalOperationSpeed>
<BaseHealingQuality>0.5</BaseHealingQuality>
<HealingSpeed>0.5</HealingSpeed>
    </equippedStatOffsets>

50% boosts to healing speed, XP, 30% to research... hmm. Or

<equippedStatOffsets>
<MoveSpeed>0.8</MoveSpeed>
    </equippedStatOffsets>
    <apparel>
      <bodyPartGroups>
        <li>InLeg</li>
      </bodyPartGroups>

That's +80% from each leg, then an additional +20% from each bionic leg. Cripes.

Those are (minor) balance tweaks though.
There's no armor protect head with OnSkin layer or protect torso(and organs) with OverHead(all helmet and hats use this layer btw) Layer.

If overhead layer changed to OnSkin, colonist will drop their shirt to wear implants.

1) I don't think it's possible in current state, but enemy cyborgs implants destroyed on drop.
2) Body and head sub dermal armor protect TorsoB and HeadB which doesn't protect brain and organs. you should open bodies.xml if you want to see what part is exactly. Also you can't wear more than one implants on near brain, you're sacrificing + 30% of shooting speed and accuracy just to get Medical operation which isn't even noticeable, Although I might buff probability calculator for more significant lose for not using it.
2)a) First off, move speed 0.8 is flat 0.8(not 80%), which is underwhelmingly weak bonus considering power armor now reduce speed by 1.5 (also machine guns drop another 1.5 if you're using Immersive weaponry)

Selling dropped weapons and become super rich colony seems really cheap tactic, I might Immersive weaponry(and IProject armory) to raider weapons destory on drop.

Quote from: millenium on November 19, 2014, 10:48:00 PM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 19, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

*Add peg arm

you can make Seamus now.

awesome mod going to try it now.

Quote from: PiCroft on November 19, 2014, 04:58:49 PM
Reposting here because I'm not too sure which thread is the correct one.

I'm really interested in ImmersiveBodies and I'm currently using the TTM Full Pack and Eugenics. I can activate everything up to ImmersiveBodies which seems to give a ton of errors.

http://pastebin.com/kAVXg9NU

I'm not too sure what's going wrong, am I missing a mod, or loading something in the wrong order?

Sorry please re download if you have any problem. Thanks you.

Quote from: Tynan on November 19, 2014, 01:21:44 PM

Can I use sendspace again or?

Minus

No need to use sendspace when you can just attach the mod as an attachement.
Also there's a heck of a lot of stuff in here that makes Extended Surgery & Bionics just feel redundant. Once balancing issues are sorted out, I expect people will only be using this mod. Kinda makes us rivals.

But I'm saying all this before I've even tested it. There are an amazing amount of features listed here, most of which I thought were impossible to do in A7. Gonna try it out and then post a bit later.

Update:
Well, I can't even test anything out as this mod, like the old bionic mods, uses resources that you cannot get. I cannot create synthread/hyperweave/plasteel, and I've only seen plasteel from traders, and they're pretty rare. On top of that, each part costs a lot! Also noticed a lot of poorly worded descriptions. Not spelling errors, just, they mostly make no sense. I also can't tell what the very expensive super human research does. Looks like it does nothing to me.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance