[MOD] (Alpha 7) Immersive Body 1.5.1 hot fix : Creation of super human

Started by Aristocat, November 19, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it would be nice if raider weapons destroyed on drop?

Yes
No
Probably, but only if weapon is craftable
This will not compatible well with project armory
Etc. (Comment)

Aristocat

Quote from: Minus on November 20, 2014, 10:14:14 AM
No need to use sendspace when you can just attach the mod as an attachement.
Also there's a heck of a lot of stuff in here that makes Extended Surgery & Bionics just feel redundant. Once balancing issues are sorted out, I expect people will only be using this mod. Kinda makes us rivals.

But I'm saying all this before I've even tested it. There are an amazing amount of features listed here, most of which I thought were impossible to do in A7. Gonna try it out and then post a bit later.

Update:
Well, I can't even test anything out as this mod, like the old bionic mods, uses resources that you cannot get. I cannot create synthread/hyperweave/plasteel, and I've only seen plasteel from traders, and they're pretty rare. On top of that, each part costs a lot! Also noticed a lot of poorly worded descriptions. Not spelling errors, just, they mostly make no sense. I also can't tell what the very expensive super human research does. Looks like it does nothing to me.

"Pursuit of super human creation" Unlock Implant and bionic table.
"Understanding of implant and bionic creation"

PiCroft

Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 12:03:12 AM

Sorry please re download if you have any problem. Thanks you.

Thanks, downloaded again, the implants appear for manufacture and can be hauled. However, there is no way I can see to actually implant them. I build a few sub-dermal implants, made sure they were in my stockpile and then looked under the operations tab for my colonists but non of the new implants appear there.

Ded1

I had this same issue and it turns out you equip them like armor.  That may be something you want to put on the mods main page (if you haven't already)
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Igabod

I cannot create synthread/hyperweave/plasteel, and I've only seen plasteel from traders, and they're pretty rare.

This mod includes a forge which allows you to create those materials using other materials.

Aristocat

Quote from: PiCroft on November 20, 2014, 03:58:23 PM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 12:03:12 AM

Sorry please re download if you have any problem. Thanks you.

Thanks, downloaded again, the implants appear for manufacture and can be hauled. However, there is no way I can see to actually implant them. I build a few sub-dermal implants, made sure they were in my stockpile and then looked under the operations tab for my colonists but non of the new implants appear there.

Quote from: Ded1 on November 20, 2014, 06:48:32 PM
I had this same issue and it turns out you equip them like armor.  That may be something you want to put on the mods main page (if you haven't already)

Added. Thanks for note.

Quote from: Igabod on November 20, 2014, 08:52:00 PM

I cannot create synthread/hyperweave/plasteel, and I've only seen plasteel from traders, and they're pretty rare.

This mod includes a forge which allows you to create those materials using other materials.

This mod actually doesn't include smelter. Removed for better compatibility and less confusing for me to update. I think apparello had similar thingy.

Edit : Immersive Craft does add smelter. Uploaded whole package.

millenium

as toward destroying weapons. i think if an enemy's arms were hit there should be a chance for the weapon to be destroyed. however just being destroyed on impact with the ground is a little silly. i've never really understood why its a popular way of removing access to remove them from play.

Igabod

Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 09:18:43 PM
This mod actually doesn't include smelter. Removed for better compatibility and less confusing for me to update. I think apparello had similar thingy.

Ah, my mistake. I really need to update all the mods I use and play again. I've been too busy working on my current mod idea (more like 5 different ideas) though.

Aristocat

Quote from: millenium on November 20, 2014, 09:33:39 PM
as toward destroying weapons. i think if an enemy's arms were hit there should be a chance for the weapon to be destroyed. however just being destroyed on impact with the ground is a little silly. i've never really understood why its a popular way of removing access to remove them from play.

Too hard to implants into game, also in gnomoria you can't use weapons goblins drop(worn weapons and armor) , only smelt to get very little amount of material, I think that's more.. appropriate (Although it's too hard to implants too.)

Quote from: Igabod on November 20, 2014, 09:48:00 PM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 09:18:43 PM

Ah, my mistake. I really need to update all the mods I use and play again. I've been too busy working on my current mod idea (more like 5 different ideas) though.

Aristocat

Now I think name should been something Cyborgs or Cyberware.

Is it possible to generate pawn with recipe? Considering surgeries also has <workerClass> I think it would be possible.. Is it possible? If yes how?

Minus

Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 02:28:21 PM
It only opened two more researches for me instead, and those two are what actually did anything. I don't like having to research something just to unlock researches. Especially given how very long it takes.

Any chance of making a version of this that uses materials I can get normally? Or at least add in the main page in big letters that this mod relies on other mods, and what the mods are? I can only use this mod with cheating at the moment.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Aristocat

Quote from: Minus on November 24, 2014, 06:11:31 AM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 20, 2014, 02:28:21 PM
It only opened two more researches for me instead, and those two are what actually did anything. I don't like having to research something just to unlock researches. Especially given how very long it takes.

Any chance of making a version of this that uses materials I can get normally? Or at least add in the main page in big letters that this mod relies on other mods, and what the mods are? I can only use this mod with cheating at the moment.

Normally Immersive Craft(which you probably downloaded with pack), but any other mods that let you craft resource is also should be fine(isn't bionics mod also has this? nuclear something something refine?)

And yes "Pursuit of super human creation" will used for making Astarte and Dreadnought, maybe name should be something like Cyberware/Bionic craft?

Minus

Quote from: Aristocat on November 24, 2014, 06:49:51 AM
Normally Immersive Craft(which you probably downloaded with pack), but any other mods that let you craft resource is also should be fine(isn't bionics mod also has this? nuclear something something refine?)

And yes "Pursuit of super human creation" will used for making Astarte and Dreadnought, maybe name should be something like Cyberware/Bionic craft?
Your typing isn't that good, which probably explains why most things in this mod have bad or no descriptions. You added some extra body parts like the healer that really aren't clear on what they do.

But anyway I got myself kitted out with several sub-dermal implants and bionics. And now my colonist is totally broken. I mean, he's flinging himself ALL OVER THE MAP with such speed! It feels like cheating how unbalanced this mod is! The base bionics have been enhanced a big load too, and their effects stack with the implants. I don't think you've tested this, or you WANT the game to be effortlessly easy for the player. Either way, not a mod I can say I like.

It's still got some impressive coding going on though. And I hope you continue to experiment and discover new things. Mostly how to increase the health of body parts with bionics.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Aristocat

Quote from: Minus on November 24, 2014, 10:38:19 AM
Quote from: Aristocat on November 24, 2014, 06:49:51 AM

Your typing isn't that good, which probably explains why most things in this mod have bad or no descriptions. You added some extra body parts like the healer that really aren't clear on what they do.

But anyway I got myself kitted out with several sub-dermal implants and bionics. And now my colonist is totally broken. I mean, he's flinging himself ALL OVER THE MAP with such speed! It feels like cheating how unbalanced this mod is! The base bionics have been enhanced a big load too, and their effects stack with the implants. I don't think you've tested this, or you WANT the game to be effortlessly easy for the player. Either way, not a mod I can say I like.

It's still got some impressive coding going on though. And I hope you continue to experiment and discover new things. Mostly how to increase the health of body parts with bionics.

I indeed tested mod before release but here's comparison

Leg enhancer vs no enhancer (no immersive Floor, no bionic)

Full bionic + Leg enhancer vs Bionic legs (no immersive Floor)

Full bionic and power armor vs bionic legs, no armor (no immersive Floor)

Immersive Floor

If you feel like using +1000 metal just to make a colonist move twice faster is cheat, don't craft them(actually you'll have to since now weapons and armor now has weight..). If you feel like faster floor mod(which is cheat by your definition, when you use cheat to make resource *facepalm*) is cheat, don't use it.

Edit : Only Catalepsean Node increase speed, don't use it if it's op. probably will nerfed, maybe.

IBody
  <HealthDiffDef ParentName="AddedBodyPartBase">
    <defName>BionicLeg</defName>
    <label>bionic leg</label>
    <addedBodyPart>
      <isBionic>true</isBionic>
      <isSolid>true</isSolid>
      <partEfficiency>1.0</partEfficiency>
      <spawnThingOnRemoved>BionicLeg</spawnThingOnRemoved>
    </addedBodyPart>
    <modifiers>
          <PainchangeBy>-0.05</PainchangeBy>
      <activities>
        <li>
          <activity>Moving</activity>
          <changeBy>0.2</changeBy>
        </li>
      </activities>
    </modifiers>
  </HealthDiffDef>

Vanilla
  <HealthDiffDef ParentName="AddedBodyPartBase">
    <defName>BionicLeg</defName>
    <label>bionic leg</label>
    <addedBodyPart>
      <isBionic>true</isBionic>
      <isSolid>true</isSolid>
      <partEfficiency>1.0</partEfficiency>
      <spawnThingOnRemoved>BionicLeg</spawnThingOnRemoved>
    </addedBodyPart>
    <modifiers>
      <activities>
        <li>
          <activity>Moving</activity>
          <changeBy>0.2</changeBy>
        </li>
      </activities>
    </modifiers>
  </HealthDiffDef>

Can you tell me where's BIG F-ING LOAD? On base bionics?

Descriptions

What description do you more need?

Actually it seems you just didn't even played SINGLE HOUR WITHOUT CHEAT and just complaining for the sake of complaining. Centipedes move 5 time faster and droid doesn't require aim, Power armor can't salvaged, Add boss raider(cyborg) that 95% chance to ignore damage + 4 time stronger melee attack + shoot three time faster, Trigger happy now only grants 10% aim time. And it's suddenly EFFORTLESSLY easy? Also you said research take too long and craft take too much resource, and it's suddenly so easy? how?

Fifty Foot Ant

I like what this mod does but, as Minus said, there is no way to get most of the materials, this mod, if anything, should be combined and made collab with the Extended Surgery and Bionics mod, I believe the features of both, working without bugs (like some of the ones I have to deal with now) would be a very popular mod with the community. Could be wrong of course.  :)
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

Aristocat

Quote from: Fifty Foot Ant on November 25, 2014, 12:42:14 AM
I like what this mod does but, as Minus said, there is no way to get most of the materials, this mod, if anything, should be combined and made collab with the Extended Surgery and Bionics mod, I believe the features of both, working without bugs (like some of the ones I have to deal with now) would be a very popular mod with the community. Could be wrong of course.  :)

Or, just integrate with Icraft. ESB mod don't have any way to craft power armor, which you'll unable to get power armor since salvage is disabled.

Added Note. "You need Immersive Craft or any other mod to craft material(Plasteel, Synthread, etc)."