[MOD] [ALPHA 8] Make Your OWN Motes + Diamond - now useable out of the box

Started by JuliaEllie, November 22, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Step aside peasants

I saw this Post and decided to find out how we can make our own motes. I did this live on stream so thank you to everyone who was there

DOWNLOAD ME

NOW USEABLE OUT OF THE BOX WHATS IN THE BOOX?!?!?!?

Have fun

PS: I thought about making an easier integration but since you have to play around with the .dll anyways to throw the Mote its easier this way.

Added a Splatter Mote with blood and guts and all that fine stuff :) - Life on stream in over 6 hours thanks to everyone who was there :)

Call it from MoteThrower.Splatter(IntVec3 position).
Example Mote can now be called from MoteThrower.Example(IntVec3 position). Dont forget "using MotesTest;"
Also a mood diamond was added.

New PAWN CLASS: The motes are now useable out of the box!

Now available for Alpha 8!!

mipen

This is great JuliaEllie! :D Great work, definitely looking forward to doing some new effects :)

JuliaEllie

Quote from: mipen on November 22, 2014, 11:43:18 PM
This is great JuliaEllie! :D Great work, definitely looking forward to doing some new effects :)

hehe thanks. It took a few hours and countless cussing words until I got it. If you need any help with it just let me know :)

skullywag

Pink Mist for the RailGun is beginning shortly. *evil grin*.

Someone also needs to try and hook into when a pawn is outright destroyed and throw some blood, bones and guts about.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

You mean some kind of overkill mote splattering the pawn all over the place?

skullywag

Exactly right now if an explosion happens and the pawns health is low enough he just vanishes with a smattering of blood on the floor (that gets destroyed by the explosion most of the time), id like to see a graphic representation of this happening. Cuz im weird like that.

JuliaEllie

skullywag

Igabod

yeah I've always been a bit put off by the fact that direct hits from the mortar just makes raiders disappear with no satisfying splatter noise or graphics or anything to let you know it happened unless you were looking directly at that particular spot.

JuliaEllie

ok guys heres the plan.. shower, eat and other stupid real life stuff and then (maybe in 2 hours or so) stream about about spreading people all over the landscape.

JuliaEllie

skullywag

I was there for its gruesome but oh so entertaining conception...hey...kinda sounds like my daughters birth....:D

JuliaEllie

You are uncle skully :D

btw.. BAM *splat*

edit: Forum Y U NO Umlaut?!

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JuliaEllie

We ar spreading colonists all over the place :) We are grimdark you know?