[MOD] [ALPHA 8] Make Your OWN Motes + Diamond - now useable out of the box

Started by JuliaEllie, November 22, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on November 24, 2014, 10:13:08 AM
Any more ideas or suggestions? What motes do we need?

two motes. one for good emotions and one for bad. when a pawns mood starts dropping a mote pops out of them that shows a frowny face or something. Then when it starts going up you see a mote with a smiley face or something. I'd say the mote should go off before you get the warning that a mental break is coming. Like maybe as soon as the mood begins to drop at a rate which causes several arrows to the left in the character info display screen. The positive mood mote should likewise only display when it is increasing at whatever rate is needed for multiple arrows to the right in that screen.

[edit to add] interesting effects that could be tested on this could be that over the course of the life of the mote it grows in size and becomes more and more transparent. It would also be interesting to see if you can make the mote follow the pawn that threw it until it finishes it's growth/fading process, which should last about 5 seconds.

JuliaEllie

What about a diamond shape over the colonists head which changes its color depending on the mood? Totally not stolen..

Igabod

Quote from: JuliaEllie on November 24, 2014, 11:15:54 AM
What about a diamond shape over the colonists head which changes its color depending on the mood? Totally not stolen..

Lol that might get a bit annoying if it was there all the time. Though if you did do that, we could rename this game The Rims

Shinzy

Quote from: Igabod on November 24, 2014, 12:23:50 PM

Lol that might get a bit annoying if it was there all the time. Though if you did do that, we could rename this game The Rims

*coughcough*

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Shinzy on November 24, 2014, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: Igabod on November 24, 2014, 12:23:50 PM

*coughcough*

Wow thats amazing. Thats so totally going to happen! - The Rims/SimWorld stream tomorrow! I need a nice diamond texture for this ;)

Ded1

if you actually do that i am going to watch just so i can laugh my a$$ off at the ridiculousness of it all.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

StorymasterQ

Surely that should have been "Reticulating spines". Much better than splines; thematic, too.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JuliaEllie

ADDED MOOD DIAMOND!! Totally not stolen from The Sims you know.. Made life on stream in about 3.5 hours.

Thank you very much everybody especially Shinzy for the Texture  :-*

skullywag

Is there some issue with using transparency in motes? ive been trying for a while now to get a nice transparent smoke wisp but it only works if i test with a solid block of colour???
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: skullywag on November 25, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
Is there some issue with using transparency in motes? ive been trying for a while now to get a nice transparent smoke wisp but it only works if i test with a solid block of colour???

Transparency should be handled just fine as a lot of the original mote textures are a little bit transparent as well. Are you using the correct shader type and drawing options?

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Berengar

Hmm
Maybe some speachbubbles over the heads, with small textes. :D
Like "Same day same shit" ore something.
Combined with a mod, where the colonist sometimes stop when they see another one, and start talking.. over an minute ore somthing like that. Hmm... arghh... i have to learn coding!

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Berengar on December 04, 2014, 12:00:35 AM
Hmm
Maybe some speachbubbles over the heads, with small textes. :D
Like "Same day same shit" ore something.
Combined with a mod, where the colonist sometimes stop when they see another one, and start talking.. over an minute ore somthing like that. Hmm... arghh... i have to learn coding!

I thought about filled speech bubbles but as you might know Im a terrible terrible texture artist. Socializing per se is aleady in the game so it shouldnt be too hard to implement if I had a few textures/icons which depict moods and thoughts. *notch notch*

At the moment I put mod development on pause because I have to wait for the official Alpha 8 release to stream again.

Berengar

Hrm... i would say, real textes inside the buddles is tooo small.
But i have one idea... hmm.. post it later here, maybe someone can use it.^^