[A12] Teleportation (V 1.12.0 / 23.08.2015)

Started by Haplo, November 23, 2014, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Teleportation

Description:
This is a small mod that gives you a resource teleportation platform. This will help you transport resources from far away into your base.

Modder:

Download:

Screens:
Teleporter:

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Additional Infos:
How to build up a working teleport:
Place the one teleporter near your external outpost, where your colonists are near the resources.
Place the second teleporter near your in-base stockpile, where the resources should be transfered to.
Set the storage in your sender teleporter to the SAME PRIORITY as your receiving stockpile.
Set the sender teleporter state to sending.
Now your colonists will fill the teleporter at the outpost with resources, they will transfer to your base to be placed in your main stockpile.

Issues:
-If you set its priority higher than your other stockpile, or if you don't have free configured space for the resources, the colonists will carry the resources from the receiver back to the sender.

Permissions:
This mod and it's source code is released under the Creative Commons License Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0
Ludeon has an exception clause. ;)
For more info about it take a look into the About folder.

Changelog:

(Version 1.12.0 - Alpha 12)
-Alpha 12 Release

(Version 1.11.0 - Alpha 11)
-Alpha 11 Release

(Version 1.10.0 - Alpha 10c)
-Alpha 10c Release

(Version 1.9.0 - Alpha 9d)
-Alpha 9d Release

(Version 1.8.0 - Alpha 8)
-Alpha 8 release

(Version 1.7.0 - Alpha 7)
-First release

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

neat, so this is sort of like that mod that utilizes drop pods to transfer materials across the map but it doesn't use drop pods? Does it work to move people as well?

Haplo

Nope, I've specially designed it so that it doesn't move persons.
This is only for resources, so that you don't get an unwanted colonist-mutation or something like that :)

Romi

There should be a feature where you can teleport people,like in "a game of dwarfs"

caesius

wow...this is what i want...
if use this mod properly, it could replace conveyer belt mod...i think...

JuliaEllie

Indeed a nifty little gadget old chap *adjusts monocle*

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Shinzy

Quote from: Haplo on November 23, 2014, 11:15:08 AM-so that you don't get an unwanted colonist-mutation or something like that :)

When is Colonist-mutation unwanted exactly? =P

Iwillbenicetou

Central, we have a psychopathic abuser, over.

*static*

Central, where are you? Over.

(Shinzy takes the mic) Hello, central is mutated from the new teleportation system. I am now leader.
*static*

Look on face: *_*
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Coenmcj

The drop pod was apart of Jaxxa's Enhanced Defence.

This certainly takes part of the OPness of the drop pods out, while keeping the same base idea, rapid transportation of material across a large expanse.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

millenium

does this work with a2b conveyors?

for output i assume it works fine with input

Haplo

Haven't really tested it. But I don't know why it shouldn't work. The input side just has a storage field like a Hopper.
But feel free to test it and tell me if there are issues :)

noone

Hey, this is cool. It would indeed be a great complement to the A2B conveyor belts - I'd keep the '1-step' teleporter in there as a cheap way to get by, but now people that want to by-pass larger walls/ structure will get the chance to do that as well (I had some requests in that direction).

Haven't got time to test compatibility right now, but if these are just 'storage' spaces, the A2B unloaders should work fine. And if they don't, we should make sure they do ;)

Zael

Quote from: Shinzy on November 23, 2014, 04:18:41 PM
Quote from: Haplo on November 23, 2014, 11:15:08 AM-so that you don't get an unwanted colonist-mutation or something like that :)

When is Colonist-mutation unwanted exactly? =P

OMG Idea! Can you make it compatible with the Zombie Apocalypse Mod to make corpses that you teleport have a chance to turn into Zombies?

Killaim

i would love "somehow" that if you teleported potatoes (we dont have bread so potatoes will have too do)

random small chance of potatos turn into monsters!

and i quote

"..ive been doing nothing but teleporting bread for 3 days"