Expanded Stuff System

Started by Fifty Foot Ant, November 26, 2014, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fifty Foot Ant

I know this might have been suggested but just bringing it up again, an even more expanded (aesthetically) stuff system:

� Wood- different colors of wood walls depending on the type of tree grown, can stack to one universal wood in the stockpile, but in the "Structures" when picking wood as stuff, click again to choose type of wood.

� Rock- Same thing as wood, but on the Stonecutter's Table, instead of "make stone blocks", it'd be "make marble blocks", "make slate blocks", "make sandstone blocks", etc. I know this has a mod but easier if in the base game if everything is made of "stuff"

� Metal- Same thing as Stone stuff, but for Electric Smelter, "make slag chunks into X metal", like uranium, steel, etc. But not gold or plasteel, too OP, silver is optional.

And there's my idea for the stuff system! Sorry if it's too complicated or useless but this is a "Suggestions" forum thread after all.  :)
A size-15 boot has landed, the following things were crushed:

- Comms console
- Fifty Foot Ant, Settler
- Wolf, Hunter

Cimanyd

Quote from: Fifty Foot Ant on November 26, 2014, 02:30:51 AM
� Rock- Same thing as wood, but on the Stonecutter's Table, instead of "make stone blocks", it'd be "make marble blocks", "make slate blocks", "make sandstone blocks", etc. I know this has a mod but easier if in the base game if everything is made of "stuff"

Something like this will already be in A8, but it looks like it will have different stones with actual different effects. The stone changes in the changelog:

Sept 26
  • Rock chunks now generate more and less at different parts of the map.
Sept 29
  • Started work on different rock types making different rock chunks and blocks.
Sept 30

• There are now different types of natural mountains and stone chunks, which produce different types of stone blocks, which can be used separately to make structures.
  • Ancient structures are built from random stone and metal types.
  • There are now different rough and rough-hewn terrain types for each type of stone.
  • Adjusted stone colors.
  • Stone smoothing is back and is now done with a special designation that smooths any rough stone terrain into the appropriate smooth version.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Fifty Foot Ant

Quote from: Cimanyd on November 26, 2014, 05:35:07 AM

Something like this will already be in A8, but it looks like it will have different stones with actual different effects. The stone changes in the changelog:

Sept 26
  • Rock chunks now generate more and less at different parts of the map.
Sept 29
  • Started work on different rock types making different rock chunks and blocks.
Sept 30

• There are now different types of natural mountains and stone chunks, which produce different types of stone blocks, which can be used separately to make structures.
  • Ancient structures are built from random stone and metal types.
  • There are now different rough and rough-hewn terrain types for each type of stone.
  • Adjusted stone colors.
  • Stone smoothing is back and is now done with a special designation that smooths any rough stone terrain into the appropriate smooth version.

Thanks for reminding me of that, I completely forgot the changelog :) , but for the wood and metal, does anyone else want this A8 or A9 or at least in the game at one point?

- Comms console
- Wolf, Hunter

Fifty Foot Ant

At least different kinds of wood, please?  :-\ Seeing as how we can grow 3 different kinds of trees but can't see ANY difference in all of them, different colors like mahogany brown, sandy brown, and ebony brown, maybe more. Also different stats (Oak walls having more health than Poplar walls), any other ideas for this? :)

- Comms console
- Wolf, Hunter