Eve Online

Started by JuliaEllie, November 26, 2014, 09:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JuliaEllie

I want to restart playing Eve for years but never had time to do it.. Now I have time but nobody to play with.. Anybody here who wants to start playing Eve (again?)

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

iame6162013

Quote from: vagineer1 on November 26, 2014, 09:06:41 AM
What is Eve online?
it's an online subscription game(you pay 15$(I think) a month) you fly your spaceships to mine ores more resources from one station to another, and build things oh and it's very hardcore...
(if you don't know what i mean with that, I won't spoil your fun!) it's a lot of fun just expensive over time :/

if you haven't played it play it (first month was free i think)!
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

skullywag

spreadsheets in SPAAAAACE! :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

JuliaEllie

Quote from: skullywag on November 26, 2014, 11:05:14 AM
spreadsheets in SPAAAAACE! :)

Exactly. Germans love spreadsheets. Nerds love space. And I am a german nerd

DeltaV

I used to play EVE, but then I realized I was paying to stare at asteroid mining for hours every day.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

StorymasterQ

I looked at EVE and puked rainbows, but never actually played any of it. I usually just watch OneFJef Let's Play on YouTube.

I do know about that legendary massive battle though. The one that 'costs' some huge amount of real money in terms of lost in-game wealth. Wealth that can only be gained by spending time, which costs money. Or something.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

keylocke

[rant]
i wondered when eve would finally buckle in and go f2p? there's just far too many new games out there (indies, mmos, etc..) to consider having to pay for the same game that people already paid for, over and over again.. as compared to paying for a brand-spanking-new game out on EA or kickstarter.

i'm not a fan of subscription models anyways, since i'm a bit of an MMO nomad. (though i sometimes buy DLCs from time to time)

i'm kinda waiting for H1Z1 right now to finally kick-off, but the prolonged wait and slow development is kinda peeving me off on the purchasing of EA bandwagon, and that's on a pay-once (for EA) + micro-transactions "f2p" model.

er.. sorry for going off topic a bit, it's just that i've tried playing EVE a long time ago too, but it was just as DeltaV said : paying way too much, just to mine far too many asteroids.. and shooting at dots and cross-hairs representing spaceships i could barely even see.. (plus, not enough ultraviolence and/or sexyness)

while large-scale multiplayer battles on EVE seems kinda fun though (i've only been to minor skirmishes).. but there are other f2p games available out there that has large scale battles as well. (ie : planetside 2)

so.. yea.. the only thing that's probably gonna reel me back in on EVE is if they drop the subscription model.. and then i'll probably play EVE again if i wanted a galactically sublime and interactive wallpaper or something..  (but that's just my opinion. lol)
[/rant]

Justin C

Quote from: DeltaV on November 26, 2014, 01:48:03 PM
I used to play EVE, but then I realized I was paying to stare at asteroid mining for hours every day.
Then you were playing wrong. Eve is the best PVP-centric MMO on the market.

I'm in the middle of a long hiatus from the game, Julia, or I'd invite you to my alliance. I haven't really played since April.

Justin C

And in case you were no longer considering coming back to Eve, here is their newest trailer to get you interested again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

Made using real audio taken from player-made footage of the game. Just Eve players being Eve players. I think this is probably their best trailer yet, as it shows that the best content in the game comes from the interaction between players.

skullywag

ok THAT was a trailer, Jeez! Wish I had the hours in the day but I dont.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Justin C

Quote from: skullywag on December 03, 2014, 07:30:28 PM
Yeah, I don't even want to know how many hours I have wasted on Eve. 7 years of playing, often 3-5 hours a night, or more on weekends. This game has wasted more hours of my time than every other video game combined.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Justin C on December 03, 2014, 08:09:42 PM
Yeah, I don't even want to know how many hours I have wasted on Eve. 7 years of playing, often 3-5 hours a night, or more on weekends. This game has wasted more hours of my time than every other video game combined.

Doing something you like is never time wasted. Except if you lose. Constantly. :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Justin C

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 03, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

Doing something you like is never time wasted. Except if you lose. Constantly. :D
It is when it's thousands and thousands of hours.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Justin C on December 03, 2014, 08:32:04 PM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 03, 2014, 08:14:01 PM

It is when it's thousands and thousands of hours.
Call it 'practice'. If people ask 'for what', it's 'practice when you're a space miner.' Now it's not wasted :)