Colonist keep starving?? Help!!

Started by Dafaq1029, November 30, 2014, 03:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dafaq1029

So sometimes, more than half of my colonist will get injured. I'll have about 2-3 Colonist who can actually be doctors. but for some reason, when they are treating other colonist, they decide to keep healing, and feeding the injured, until they starve to death. Its incredible annoying & I have to keep un-checking them as doctors in order for them to actually eat something. Is this some type of glitch, or what? Can some one please tell me whats going on.

BetaSpectre

Sure this g right click on food and see if ittells you socially.improper if it does then a prison bed somewhere is exposd.to the world and is marking all food as prisoner only.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Dafaq1029

Thats not the case. I'm mean they will eat, but only when ever single injured person is healed, and feed. Then they will go eat. So when there is around 6-7 wounded people, they wont stop feeding & healing them, until they eventually start to starve.

oBerry

Sounds like something you're doing wrong with priorities. Do you do manual priorities, where you can set a number between 1-4?

StorymasterQ

"She NEEDS to sort out her priorities!" - Ron Weasley
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: oBerry on December 01, 2014, 09:22:02 PM
Sounds like something you're doing wrong with priorities. Do you do manual priorities, where you can set a number between 1-4?

It is a game thing. The AI prioritizes doctoring over self preservation. The only thing to do is manually turn off doctoring until the colonists take care of themselves and then turn it back on, as the OP said they do.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...