Tester Applications Closed - Current Apps under review

Started by enystrom8734, November 07, 2013, 10:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enystrom8734

Call for testers is closed. Current applications under review for tester roles. We will send you a message asking for additional information or to accept you into the ranks. Thank you for applying!

We need a couple Linux and Mac testers to make sure builds work properly on these OSes. Apply in this thread if you can and want to test on Linux or Mac. You will be getting buggy internal releases.

Only apply if you can handle writing up reports and dealing with potential crashes and save game corruption.

We are looking for around 10 people on each OS.

It would be good if you could answer:

• What's your experience with testing systems?
• Ever used a bug tracker before? Does the Ludeon bugtracker look foreign to you or familiar?
• What OSes do you have?
• How much time do you have to test?

On behalf of Tynan,
Thanks to all in advance!

Any off topic posts or applications for Windows testers will be deleted to keep clutter down. We are only looking for Linux/Mac testers at the moment.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

ptitpoulpe

hello,
I'm ok for testing linux version

I have done betatesting for World of warcaft and I'm a computer scientist so I test what I am developping
    (and I have already done patches for stuff I use)
  • Ever used a bug tracker before? Does the Ludeon bugtracker look foreign to you or familiar?
    yep I already used bug tracker and Ludeon bugtracker does not look foreign for me.
  • What OSes do you have?
    one debian jessie and one ubuntu 10.13
    around 6-8 hours a week

Luckless

I'm really liking the look of this project, so helping out with getting things rolling sounds like a good idea. Mostly looking at Mac Testing.

• What's your experience with testing systems:
Nearly 3 years professional software QA for commercial games development and robotics research, plus several years part time projects. I've tested software on everything ranging from embedded devices, through mobile/tablets, and on up to a multi-thousand node cluster computer.
• Ever used a bug tracker before?
Have mostly used JIRA, FogBugz, and a handful of others. Doesn't look like the prettiest or slickest interface, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like some kind of a surprise.
• What OSes do you have?
OSX 10.8.5, but could update to 10.9 if required. Running on a mid 2012 MacBook Pro.
Linux: I can setup something to dual boot a flavour or two if Linux testers are in short supply. Generally have used Ubuntu for server stuff, but will happily try other versions if requested.
Windows7 box > Easily swapped for Linux in addition to the macbook.
I can offer at least half an hour for quick passes and feature focuses a night most evenings. More likely two to three hours every evening 3-4 times a week, and more time on weekends for planned pushes or reviewing delivered bug tickets.

Shrike

Linux guy here.

I've tested some Android mods for the devs, but not much really.

It doesn't load, I get 404 right now from ludeon.com/bugs
I've done Ubuntu translations through Launchpad, submitted some bug here and there, so I imagine it wont be a problem.

• What OSes do you have?
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on several computers, Win7 on a desktop, EasyPeasy on a EeePC 901 and bunch of even older linuxes on even older laptops.
I don't have top tier hardware, just FYI.

Can't really say for sure.
I'm a single dad, so it can be anything from 1-2 hours a week to a full weekend (if I feel up to it, that is).
Tune in, turn up, drop out!

hofi02

i can help too, I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 and I'm an experienced Linux user. I also manage a private Linux server

i know how to debug
    no but should not be a problem
  • What OSes do you have?
    xUbuntu 13.10 x64 and Windows 7 X64
    in the evening, 3-4 hours per week

WesleyJohnson

I'd welcome the opportunity to help where I can. Already submitted one bug in the forums and have been trying to reproduce w/ no luck thus far.

- Web Developer since 2005 so I've done all the testing that comes with that line of work. No specific testing experience for third party games, however.
    - I've used a custom bug tracker, FogBugz, Trello and Github Issues.
  • What OSes do you have?
    - OSX Mavericks (10.9)
    - An hour or two a night on varying nights and weeknights. Perhaps some weekend evenings as well.

DeltaV

I'd love to help test out the game.

What's your experience with testing systems?
- Various bugtesting of games in alpha/beta; Don't Starve, Kerbal Space Program, etc. Somewhat little in the way of direct, testing-the-buggy-experimentals stage of bugfinding, but I feel I would be suited to the task.

Ever used a bug tracker before? Does the Ludeon bugtracker look foreign to you or familiar?
- I have used a bug tracker before, and while I'd be lying to say the Ludeon one looks completely familiar, I'm sure it's not exactly rocket science.

What OSes do you have?
- Mac OS X 10.7.5. Runs RimWorld (mostly) like a dream.

How much time do you have to test?
- 1-3 hours on average on most weekdays, probably, more on weekends. I'm sure I can find time to squeeze such an amazing game into my schedule :P
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Rivare

great game and I'd love to help making it even better

- I'm working as a developer and tester
- played lot's of games in alpha and beta status

Ever used a bug tracker before? Does the Ludeon bugtracker look foreign to you or familiar?
- I'm used to bug tracker like trac and mantis and bugzilla ... Ludeon is Mantis, so it looks familiar

What OSes do you have?
- Mac OS X 10.9.
- Ubuntu 13.4 and 13.10 x64
- Win7 x64

- usually 5h a week, at the moment a bit more since I'm ill

Flandere

I suppose a distribution other than Ubuntu/Debian would make for a nice addition, seeing how most people have these installed.

Played some other games in (pre-)alpha, other than that, nothing relevant to note.

No. It looks functional to me. Foreign? Everything but.

What OSes do you have?
    Windows 7 64-bit and Linux Gentoo 64-bit with a dual-monitor setup(1920x1080 and 1680x1050).

This would depend for the most part on whatever I would feel like playing, but it comes down to several hours almost every day of the week.

jotapeh

I can help.

Mac OS X 10.6.8.

I'm an indie game developer myself, so quite a bit of experience testing games.

I've used bugtrackers and Ludeon bugtracker looks like a typical ticket system to me.

I have a fair bit of time for now, although I expect that to change somewhat in the new year.

Dragula

I'll want to help with Linux testing.

Non-existent.
Nope, it looks foreign but i learn fast.
• What OSes do you have?
I just did a new install of the entire system but i'm going to re-install mint 14 alongside win7.
Had Linux running for years as primary on dual boot with windows.
Depending on my workshifts. In the dayshifts(two weeks a month) 5-10  per week on weekdays and lots on the weekend.
Nightshift and evening shifts(one week a month each), a lot; 3-5h per day i think

I may not sounds like the ideal person but this is the first game i really want to do something to help out.

Seppukun

I can be a Mac tester.

My writing is usually clear and I've written bug reports before for various software, as an end user. Plus, RimWorld has ended up being hugely addicting/ engaging.

I've used WINE a lot to try and get windows programs going, mainly in Linux, sometimes on Mac, and done some reporting on winehq. I have experience messing around in Linux systems, I also successfully installed a Gentoo distro on my Eeepc (wasn't easy in the past) and Fedora 9 on an ancient Power PC. I've spent a lot of time in the past playing with different OSes.

I haven't. Ludeon seems a lot simpler than bugzilla, and I'm sure I can figure it out.

• What OSes do you have?
Mac OS 10.8.5

Several hours a week, not more than 5-8 due to work & living w/fiancee.

CheesyGambit

Hi! I am 20 years old and from germany. Love the game so far - means I will play it a lot for the next (years?). I played some Alpha and Beta games (mostly Indie Games) and often reported bugs - so I have experience in this. Its not that hard to write down what you see is wrong. Some of them used bug tracker (mostly). The linked Bugtracker looks familiar to what I think I would know to use. Here I am sitting on a Macbook Pro 15" with Mavericks (OS X 10.9) and Windows 7 (64 Bit) as second partition. In school we learn the use of Linux as a server right now so I will look into Linux openSuse too and could play some rounds there. But I will play on OSX for the most time for sure. Time is not a problem. There is much time flowing into gaming every day and on the weekend. I know there is maybe one problem with me - my english. Its not the best right now but I think even if some words are misspelled or the grama is not right every time you know what I mean to say.

Greetings from Germany

Rathlord

Been testing both closed alphas and betas for about 5 years now. I have an incredibly wide range of testing experience, so I know the ropes. I'm currently a moderator and closed tester for Project Zomboid, as well.
I almost always use JIRA (from Atlassian) over Mantis, but I have used Mantis a few times before.
• What OSes do you have?
OS X 10.8.5 and OS X 10.7, also can dual boot to Windows 7 if it was ever needed
I can offer a few hours a week. I'm fairly flexible, but occasionally could have overlapping times with Project Zomboid testing. Shouldn't be common.

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions or are curious about my other previous experience.

UKWolfy

Currently only running linux on my laptop, I can test on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS without installing another distro, I can also install linux on my gaming pc in a few weeks when my damaged SSD is replaced.

Laptop specs:
Acer
Intel i5-480M
Integrated graphics (unfortunately)
4GB RAM

RIG
i5-3450
AMD HD 7850 (a bit of a pain in linux, the drivers suck)
8GB RAM