[Mod Request] Norse "Tribals"

Started by Viperlol, November 28, 2014, 02:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viperlol

Simply put, a Nordic based faction could make for some interesting relations. They would not be too hard to make in game, with smaller than tribal raiding parties and very choppy weapons. Frankly, it could just be a reskined clone of the tribals and that would be amazing.
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

harpo99999

sounds like you WANT the vikings to RAID you,
and yes it would be an interesting faction for the colder oceanic/beach areas, with the raiders having about 20 to 50% more health, shield and HUGE WAR axe, and not stopping till they either die or lose one of more legs

Halinder

...and by default getting a +5 mood modifier, "Viking born and raised"?

Why don't we also make the Mongols? Impervious to cold weather, almost always have bows and shooting skills at 10..

Rikiki

QuoteWhy don't we also make the Mongols?
Because there is no horses for now? ::)

Shinzy

I'll doo eeet! They'll be hairy and fierce, Horned helmets and big axes and furry bows
Just you wait!

Viperlol

Well Shinzy, il send you my half-made/half-started-and-gave-up-already textures for some thin Norscan

FridayBiology

Axes, Sabers, kite shields and Dikes. Heck yeah.

Raider groups could bail earlier once they've kidnapped a enough guys?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

eatKenny

why dont we just add a bunch of dragons from movie "how to train your dragon"?

fancy texture(Shinzy!!!), lots of HP, equipped with "dragon breath"(inferno cannon acctully ;)), only attack in winter

Shinzy

This what I've got so faar! Have to make some viking helmets now
aaaaaaand don't mind the beards =P they're heavily WiP still! ;D
(modified the suspender pants and tribalwear for their outfits cause I'm lazy, Don't judge me!)

So prepare to git raided by Tynandir Sylvensten and his brave Norbals

harpo99999

shintzy, why not have a two bitted bearded war axe?

Evelyn

Justin C

Looks awesome Shinzy. Your art is always great.

Viperlol

Well it seems its safe to say that, Shinzy can make anything if you give him a day.

Berengar

At the moment me working on a complete Overall off Rimworld, that makes a fantasy/medival/Barbarian-fantasy game setting out of it.  ;D
There will be some new fractions like orcs, Barbarians (but a bit more wilder ones) and some new friendly fractions. But Wikings will be a part of that.  :)

PS: I know.. my english is terrible.  ::)

Shinzy

Quote from: Viperlol on November 28, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
Well it seems its safe to say that, Shinzy can make anything if you give him a day.
Only if that 'anything' is fun and mostly texture related without any coding requirements then yes ;D

Eve! ofc they would have crossboows! They've acquired the technology from their more advanced captives ::) (I did have my doubts about those so I google image searched for 'viking crossbows' without even thinking that there's gna be hits for anything regardless if they're real or not :-[ )
Oh! their helmets are going to have horns, too so  ..I'm sorry in advance! ;D

And thanks Justin! Wish my factions were as great as yours =P could make so much more with your skills than just 'base humans' could do so much more with anyones code skills but But your dark magics are unorthodox!