[MOD](Alpha 7) Green Corp.: Fishing pier (V1.2, 04-12-14)

Started by Rikiki, November 29, 2014, 06:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Green Corp.: Fishing pier

If you update from V1.1, starting a new world/colony is recommended...

Hello dear customer! We at Green Corp. are fond of nature! Our goal is to bring everyone to live in osmosis with his/her planet. The first step to achieve this is to live with what resources our planet generously offers to us.

Are you near an ocean, a lake or a river (marshes are accepted too)? Then let's get some food from all this wriggling underwater life!

Fishing pier

Green Corp. presents you the fishing pier!... Erh, yes this is actually a wooden fishing pier... ;D

Features

• Allow you to fish for fishes keeping your feet dry! ;D
    • Fresh fishes must be prepared at the butcher table.
    • Fish meat can be used as any other meat in meal preparation.
    • You can fix the amount of fish meat to produce!

User manual

• The fishing pier must be placed on a bank, or a lake's or marsh's border

• You can assemble fishing rod at the fishing pier

• You can order your hunters to fish by selecting the fishing spot

• Fresh fish must be prepared at the butcher table

• New storage category: Fishing ::)

Technical notes

• The fishing pier is a simple building built from wood and metal nails.
    • However, you need some cloth to assamble a fishing rod (EdB Prepare Carefully can be useful here for very early colony fishing).
    • Fishing is a hunting job.

Technical support

Green Corp. is continuously trying to improving its product to raise its customers satisfaction.
    Please leave us our feedback. Balancing cannot be done without you, loyal customer!

Changelog

[/list]
    V1.2
    * You can now set the max desired quantity of fresh fishing to fish ("do until x").
    * Correction of the "fishing rod spam" bug.

V1.1
    * Texture update thanks to Roboat!
    * Placement restricter code optimization (no more lags)

V1.0
    * Initial release.

Compatibility notes

Until Alpha 8, this mod overwrites the butcher table!!!

Credits

Thanks JulliaEllie for the mote example! :)
    More Rimworld fitting textures thanks to Roboat! 8)

Modders note

You may be interrested in the following features:

• Mote usage
    • Building management (spawn of buildings)
    • Placement restricter

License

You are free to get inspiration from this little work and include it in any other mod/modpack. Just put a link to this thread so people can use it as a standalone version too.
    So this is basically licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.

Note to modpacker: not that I don't want to help, but I have very little time to mod/play so I may not be very fast to answer integration questions.

Download

G Corp. FishingPier V1.2
    G Corp. FishingPier V1.2 source

Igabod

Love the idea of this mod. I am going to download it for sure. It probably isn't compatible with an old save though (which should probably be noted on the OP if that assumption is correct) so I'm probably going to wait until my current colony dies off before I try it.

Rikiki

I tested with a previous savegame with the butcher table built and I had no bug. :)
    As it mostly adds new content, the only bug may be with an other mod which modify the butcher table too.

HBKRKO619

Awesome idea. I wanted to start a new game tomorow so it's perfect, I will test this fast ^^

Iwillbenicetou

Well this sounds cool. Maybe ask shinzy *wink* to improve your... Well they're not the great, I must say. The fish look a bit wierd, same as the pier. They don't fit with the background graphics... But I won't aggrovate you so, don't hold this against me.
    Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

StealthHunterX

fish should go under animal corpses, and fishing rod should be under manufactured. Just a small clarification. Maybe include it in the next update.

Otherwise this is an interesting mod. I will get it when I build a colony on a shore, but do you know if it does work on marshes? I would make hat a thing.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
    I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Patrykbono20

Shinzy

Quote from: StealthHunterX on November 29, 2014, 10:46:23 PMI would make hat a thing.

Yoooouuu're tooo late! Hat is a thing already! you can use stuff to make it

;D

My hunters mite not 'accidentally' peg eachother down a notch now
    "Thaat looks taasty.. *Fwo-tooosh!* Oh sorry! did I just shotgun you in the face! you mite wanan go see a doctor I was aiming for you leeg! sorryyy <3"

Rikiki

@Iwillbenicetou: Yep, I'm not an artist, more a coder so any proper texture is welcome! :)

@StealthHunterX: "Are you near an ocean, a lake or a river (marshes are accepted too)?" => It works on marshes. ;)
    About corpses:
    * I tried it but generating a dead corpse in the hands of the hunter at the end of the bill would have required a lot of work  (I prefered the easy solution of making it an other resource :-[).
    * meat is automatically generated by the game so using the standard "butcher corpse" is not an option if the fresh fish is not a dead animal (must define a whole new animal, I may try it later).

This items classification is volontary, the fishes might be used in another way in the future (fish farming? ::)).
    Plus it uses the same pattern as Mining & Co. mods (Mining, Electronics, ...).

@Shinzy: :o Is it the right topic?? ??? Is it not related to Norse "Tribals"? Or maybe it is just I don't understand...

And thanks all for your encouragements! I really appreciate it! :D

Shinzy

Quote from: Rikiki on November 30, 2014, 09:33:59 AM
    @Iwillbenicetou: Yep, I'm not an artist, more a coder so any proper texture is welcome! :)

@StealthHunterX: "Are you near an ocean, a lake or a river (marshes are accepted too)?" => It works on marshes. ;)
    About corpses:
    * I tried it but generating a dead corpse in the hands of the hunter at the end of the bill would have required a lot of work  (I prefered the easy solution of making it an other resource :-[).
    * meat is automatically generated by the game so using the standard "butcher corpse" is not an option if the fresh fish is not a dead animal (must define a whole new animal, I may try it later).

This items classification is volontary, the fishes might be used in another way in the future (fish farming? ::)).
    Plus it uses the same pattern as Mining & Co. mods (Mining, Electronics, ...).

@Shinzy: :o Is it the right topic?? ??? Is it not related to Norse "Tribals"? Or maybe it is just I don't understand...

And thanks all for your encouragements! I really appreciate it! :D

Totally the right topic! =P I tried to say this is far safer option for hunting! so they won't shoot eachother (You've seen how the ai handles it right now =P)
    the fish are count as meat, right?

you can ignore anything hat related! ;D that wasn't directed to you at all!
    (I could go offtopic and tell you that your alarms are working properly now!)

Rikiki

OK, I re-read your message and I got it! :D I was tired...
    Prepare fish at the butcher table to get the disired quantity of fish meat. :)

rdz1122

I am able to make the pier, and create fishing rods, but that is all.  Is there an option to add "fishing" as a bill?  One of the screenshots seems to show it that way, but I can't find that option.

Rikiki

Look at the third image, there is an image (hidden for small monitors) on its right which show you that you have to select the "fishing spot" (it is visible when placing the blueprint).
    I will change this image tonight with the next version. New version will also include new textures from Roboat. :)

Rikiki

Update time!
    * new textures thanks to Roboat!
    * placement code restricter optimization (no more lags).
    * user guide improvements.

Hope it is better, dear customers! ;D