Updates Taking Forever

Started by slauenbach, November 30, 2014, 08:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slauenbach

How come it takes such a long time for Tynan to make an update to the game when someone like the IV Software makes updates with loads of new features every month!!!?? :P

RayvenQ

IV has at least 2 developers working on the game and updates every month.
Rimword has 1 Developer working on the game and updates every 40-60 days approx depending on just how much is added.

Ramsis

Mainly because Tynan is one guy and his community isn't made up of all the Darwinia kids that think updates need to come out so fast that you can't enjoy the content when it comes out.

Tynan values quality in his updates, something we all feel with each passing update. It's usually never riddled with bugs or errors and nine times out of ten the content additions are so great they actually add entire different ways to play RimWorld.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Klitri

Quit complaining, Tynan is doing his best.

ZestyLemons

He's one guy and it's a big update.

Be patient!
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

skullywag

We don't need to fight Tynans battles for him and he doesn't need to justify his development practices to anyone.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

litlbear

yes

Nickvr628

Because it is Unity.  ;)

Just kidding, be patient! We all want glorious alpha 8, but Tynan is a developer not a fairy godmother.

Tynan

You can follow the changelog and see the Mantis tracker (https://ludeon.com/mantis/my_view_page.php) to get realtime updates on (some of) the work being done.

Bottom line is it'll come out as fast as it possibly can.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

keylocke

Quote from: Ramsis on November 30, 2014, 08:59:09 AM
Mainly because Tynan is one guy and his community isn't made up of all the Darwinia kids that think updates need to come out so fast that you can't enjoy the content when it comes out.

Tynan values quality in his updates, something we all feel with each passing update. It's usually never riddled with bugs or errors and nine times out of ten the content additions are so great they actually add entire different ways to play RimWorld.

this. i actually don't mind the wait.

reading the changelog has recently become an enjoyable meta-game for me.. lol.

(it's like i'm outside the kitchen and i can smell the delicious stuff that tynan is cooking.. haha)  ;D

Goldberger

Yeah i want to have massive content updates every week but its just impossible to have that. I don't mind waiting even tough i'm just super exited to get the new alpha on my hands. The quality has been just great on all alphas, they actually don't feel alphas. It feels more like a complete game that is getting more addons.

It takes what it takes and i just am happy Tynan has made this awesome game. And when he's done with this one he can start doing rimworld 2 ;)

Nimr_Tiger

Quote from: keylocke on November 30, 2014, 12:11:02 PM
(it's like i'm outside the kitchen and i can smell the delicious stuff that tynan is cooking.. haha)  ;D
Considering right now it looks like he's cooking up ways to cause people to burst into flames and harvest their organs,  it seems that the kitchen analogy is a bit strange. Granted it'd probably work for most kitchens in rimworld  8)

hunter2012

be patient from the change log it looks like its gonna be real soon ;D ;D ;D ;D

DarkMyau

I prefer it done right, rather than quick.

JimmyAgnt007

If you want it faster then send bananas.  Code monkeys love bananas.  Just make sure to put them in the cage with them.  Code monkeys who leave the cage get the shock stick.  :P