[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarlordToby

Call Dovachin! It is time to change time and graphics because that is just awesome! D, come here fast!

Shinzy

Wild update appears!

They're more resistant to cold climates and can't deal with heat too well
Still haven't had time to extensively test them out =P

(p.s. to anyone who cares! I looooooove the new way how clothing gets assigned for pawns)

Edit: Had a visit by "Olaf TRIBALWORDB"? =P I did
The shameful dispray has been fixed!

Ironvos

awesome, vikings :)

Maybe next you can make some faction that thrives on heat and shun cold.
And that are easily startled but come back in greater numbers...

Dead Videos

this is awesome, now i can play out my long wondered thought of...

What would win, miniguns or vikings....

O.O vikings with miniguns.... i must capture one and make it happen.

Daelonnn15

awesome, vikings :)

Maybe next you can make some faction that thrives on heat and shun cold.
And that are easily startled but come back in greater numbers...
[/quote]

NOT THE TUSKENS!!!

[attachment deleted due to age]
Back in the olden days...

kenobi87

Just wanted to say I really enjoy this mod and had a few stories to share.

Firstly, I frequently get friendly viking visitors which is cool, except they dont like other groups very much :] which has led to a lot of free stuff for me after the vikings clean up

Second I underestimated the viking's skill with their weapons... I had a skirmish with a raid of vikings and one of my guys took 2 melee "hits" from a viking with an axe. i checked his wounds after the battle "left hand cut off" "ear cut off" I am now very afraid of letting them get into melee range :/

Shinzy

Quote from: kenobi87 on December 19, 2014, 02:10:31 AM
Just wanted to say I really enjoy this mod and had a few stories to share.

Firstly, I frequently get friendly viking visitors which is cool, except they dont like other groups very much :] which has led to a lot of free stuff for me after the vikings clean up

Second I underestimated the viking's skill with their weapons... I had a skirmish with a raid of vikings and one of my guys took 2 melee "hits" from a viking with an axe. i checked his wounds after the battle "left hand cut off" "ear cut off" I am now very afraid of letting them get into melee range :/

Youuu don't mess with them vikings! ;D My own experience with them friendly viking visitors is limited to them packing up in my freezer room (I live in a desert) I'm pretty sure they're solely visiting my base for it's freezer =P

Ded1

See, when they do that you turn the temp way down and get Vikingcicles.  I do this on my Ice Sheet map and i get soo much stuff from stupid npc's letting me kill them without triggering hostilities.
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Arrean

I got few issues with this mod.
1.Norbal Crossbows, are really, really overpowered. In my opinion =)
And second - when you capture and recruit one of the glorious bearded vikings, and have him as one of your colonists - if you double click him, only norbals will be selected, whether hostile or not, and if you double click one of your other colonists, norbals will not be selected.

Aside from that - awesome. It was hard for me to feel something to regular tribes in the game. And norbals are really adding to the stroy experience.

Shinzy

Quote from: Arrean on December 19, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
I got few issues with this mod.
1.Norbal Crossbows, are really, really overpowered. In my opinion =)
And second - when you capture and recruit one of the glorious bearded vikings, and have him as one of your colonists - if you double click him, only norbals will be selected, whether hostile or not, and if you double click one of your other colonists, norbals will not be selected.

Aside from that - awesome. It was hard for me to feel something to regular tribes in the game. And norbals are really adding to the stroy experience.

Oh that would be just cause of how the selection thing works the norbals are their own race and double clicking selects only things of same type (Just like with all the items!) So I'm afraid I can't really do anything about that

I'll see if I make the crossbows spawn with the leaders only so the base archers would go with the bows (then you won't atleast get overwhelmed by heavy hitting long range weaponry) or do you find them op in your own use aswell? I mite have to down the damage then! =P can do that aswell

And thaanks arry! I really haven't had the time to test any sort of balance with these guys (I've just barely made it to second year on my own playthrough)

Arrean

Well. On selection issues - that's unfortunate, thought it is just a minor mistake, cause, you know when tribes people, or raiders join you still can multiselect them.
I believe it has something to do with modified cold resistance?
Maybe we should call Lord Tynan, and ask if it is possible to wrap all humans into one class, and get an modifiable/addable inherited classes for sub-races, that would have been cool.

On scorpios - yeah they are pretty op all around, my norbal with shooting skill of 3 just singlehandedly absolutely destroyed mechanoid raid, it is a matter of luck, but if it hits right body part it instagibs everything.

Dead Videos

Quote from: Arrean on December 19, 2014, 03:24:18 PM

On scorpios - yeah they are pretty op all around, my norbal with shooting skill of 3 just singlehandedly absolutely destroyed mechanoid raid, it is a matter of luck, but if it hits right body part it instagibs everything.

note to self, capture enough scorpion crossbows for my entire colony.

Evelyn

Shinzy

Quote from: Evelyn on December 20, 2014, 01:36:55 AM
Oh, good, no horned helms. You are undead to me.

Yay! the leaders still have small horns on their very ornate leather caps but I hope that's enough for staying undead! ;D
thank you

Kenkimaru

I found some stuff that I hope can be fixed:
1. The Tabs that show you Health, Thoughts etc. are completely differently organized, noticed that when I had a Norbal prisoner and for a second there I really thought you couldn't even recruit them because the Prisoner tab was not on the right it was on the second from the left

2. The same prisoner had the "naked" mood because he was naked? but he wore the boots and loincloth. I think this is because the loincloth is actually the wrong layer of clothing or something like that.

3. The Crossbow is so freaking powerfull with 40 damage i think its unreal with that much damage it should cost and sell for alot more I think, your idea for the chiefs having them sounds good.

4. The weird fact that they are their own race was mentioned already.

Oh and can you tell me how I change them back so they like heat/cold the same as other colonists because playing even in temperate zones makes them really annoying to have which makes them basically a money source for slave traders only its like the whole race has a permanent "pessimist" trait I really dislike that about them. Personal preferences I guess.