[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

A bright beam of light bursts from the clouds as a godly figure descends from the skies bearing gifts. This occurence is entirely unrelated and can safely be ignored.

About 800 yards from there a sewer lid pops open with a gloopy smack. Shrouded in a puff of green cloud Shinzy crawls out and lets out a pitiful croak "updaaate! uuuupdaaate! Pirates be up to daate" After which Shinzy slinks back down the sewage pipe

On a side note: I didn't really have the chance to play with them too long
so bear that in mind! you mite find some bugs (I didn't run in any on my tests so I'm farily confident about there being none!)
Get to the front page or pick it up right here!

Shinzy emerges from the hole once again and casts 'copy paste' and grabs the sewer lid and slides it on the hole while disappearing again

Yarr harr! ready yerselves ye scurvy land lub.. non scurvy landlubbers! Davy jone's locker waits yeerrr*gakh* *gark* *wheeze*
The magnificent weapon textures by none other than SuperCaffeineDude!

Edit: The other factions follow soon!

bewby

Wild Card

Arrrrrrg weeee need moar factions....errrr...i mean looot !!!!!!

Facade

So I played with Pirates quite a bit in A11, and I'm wondering if Lyrics/Shanties are still ridiculously OP.

A drop pod fell and had a few hundred Lyrics and making a Shanty took one lyric. My base was full of absurdly "beautiful" shanties in just a short while.

Shinzy

Quote from: Facade on September 05, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
So I played with Pirates quite a bit in A11, and I'm wondering if Lyrics/Shanties are still ridiculously OP.

A drop pod fell and had a few hundred Lyrics and making a Shanty took one lyric. My base was full of absurdly "beautiful" shanties in just a short while.

Oh! thank you I'll need to make them not come in drop pods
Do you feel they drop from the pirates during raids too often, too?
I'll probably have them be less beautiful, aswell

But for now, yes they're probably just as OP as you found them to be in A11
I never had them drop in hundreds via drop pods on my own playthroughs (And I don't recall ever recieving any feeedback on theeem besides you! So thank you! ;D)

@WC, I'll have the Norbals up tomorrow at some point!

Facade

Quote from: Shinzy on September 05, 2015, 04:00:47 PM
Oh! thank you I'll need to make them not come in drop pods
Do you feel they drop from the pirates during raids too often, too?
I'll probably have them be less beautiful, aswell

But for now, yes they're probably just as OP as you found them to be in A11
I never had them drop in hundreds via drop pods on my own playthroughs (And I don't recall ever recieving any feeedback on theeem besides you! So thank you! ;D)
It was hard to tell how many I got from raids since I stopped collecting them after a while!

Personally, I'd increase the number of lyrics required to make a shanty as well, to bring it more in line with the other arts. Maybe four per? Since most of the verses are four lines from what I remember.

FridayBiology

Pirates with Advanced Intelligent Parrots that can haul 2 items :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Shinzy

Them norbals are ready for A12!
(also did a quick update for Pirates, the sea shanty lyrics shouldn't drop en masse
and the shanties themselves are not quite as pretty)

Vikings, they're tougher than normal human beings and thrive in colder climates
really, really hate heat.

FridayBiology

i'd like to see wooden armor/breast plate to help prevent forward facing damage but, slows movement. As an early defence garment that could be constructed at a work bench/tailor bench.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Beathrus

May I please get a dropbox link? I can't snag things from Mediafire.. I'd like Norbals and Pirates please!

Shinzy

Beathrus

Herc18

What has been, will be again.

Match

Quote from: Herc18 on September 14, 2015, 03:17:49 PM
So how's that mutant faction coming along?? :D

To bounce off this, I had an idea that I want to toss out there. If you're looking for a generic pawn for the mutants, have you thought about warboys from the mad max universe?

Shinzy

Quote from: Match on September 14, 2015, 09:31:25 PM
Quote from: Herc18 on September 14, 2015, 03:17:49 PM
So how's that mutant faction coming along?? :D

To bounce off this, I had an idea that I want to toss out there. If you're looking for a generic pawn for the mutants, have you thought about warboys from the mad max universe?

Hercy! it's at the bottom of my priority list ar the moment! but I have like roughly 30% of the graphic bits done
I can only promise they'll be out before A13 =P hehe
Oh and I'm definately going to have something warboys inspired in there, they fit this faction like a glove by the way the look ;D