[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Match

I can't say how excited that makes me! May Joe himself carry you to walhalla!

flankspeed

Cool mod.

I wish the Norbal boots were craftable. Any plans for that?
I occasionally get them from drop pods, but traders hardly ever seem to have them.

Beathrus

Quote from: flankspeed on October 11, 2015, 03:42:52 PM
Cool mod.

I wish the Norbal boots were craftable. Any plans for that?
I occasionally get them from drop pods, but traders hardly ever seem to have them.

Get his other mod you can craft the boots with it.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5085.0

flankspeed

Quote from: Beathrus on October 11, 2015, 04:19:47 PM

Get his other mod you can craft the boots with it.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5085.0

Thanks. I didn't know about that one. It says A11...does it still work ok with A12?

Edit: NVM someone in the thread says it works with A12 so I'll give it a whirl.

RIPCadbury

I'm really enjoying both the pirate and norbal mod, for the most part.

The thing that really, really ruined it for me is that norbal shield. 1 guy carrying a shield managed to destroy 2 of my farms, all of my solar panels and killed 3 people. After a while I stopped counting how many times he got shot...

While I do appreciate why it exists, I would like to know if there is a way I, personally, can remove the shield from the norbal mod.

Shinzy

Quote from: RIPCadbury on December 18, 2015, 02:56:32 PM
I'm really enjoying both the pirate and norbal mod, for the most part.

The thing that really, really ruined it for me is that norbal shield. 1 guy carrying a shield managed to destroy 2 of my farms, all of my solar panels and killed 3 people. After a while I stopped counting how many times he got shot...

While I do appreciate why it exists, I would like to know if there is a way I, personally, can remove the shield from the norbal mod.

Yes! There is, am not at my files right now but if you can find the pawn kind defs
And open the file where all the pawn types are defined
Most of the melee people have a line like  <requiredApparel> or so
You should spot the bit when you see it :p
Anyway theres a reference to "norbsonal shield" or so remove all of those you can find
And that *should* do it

Techgenius

Game crashes if I use the Pre-Transcen-geths with Ykara's EPOE (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0)
Also, can it work with Orion's More Mechanoids? WIM able to reprogram the robots and use them.

I second that wish for a Military faction, not NCR, but more like a Space-Traders Federation or
Ex-Army Brotherhood of Rimsteel (what are you doin with that energy weapon citizen? dontchuknow you put your life in risk for abusing that technology? better hand that over or were gonna raid your base and steal your techs and research benches)

Brotherhood of Rimsteel is high-tech, because they take all those shiny beep-boop machines, high-tech stuff and energy weaponry from locals, raid abandoned military bases and research stations, if you have many tech items, BoRs will hunt you down, power armored, varying between scribes, knights, paladins and Elder.

Since I'm close to Fallout, how about a super-secret Science faction? ultra-high tech, that use Androids/Synths to do their bidding? (Yeah you guessed it.. I'm talking about the Institute, pretty genius aren't you?)

Rimstitute Inc. uses high tech weaponry, droids, synths and mercenaries, their motives are secret, they may attack at random, or not at all, they may even trade with you if you're high-tech enough, but beware of angering the BoRS.

Shinzy

Quote from: Techgenius on December 21, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Game crashes if I use the Pre-Transcen-geths with Ykara's EPOE (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0)

I have not updated the faction for this alpha yet! (And I doubt I will at this point of time)
Edit: I realize it wasn't clearly enough stated it was for previous alphas =P my bad! I put a nice red notice up for it

Techgenius

bewby

Shinzy

Quote from: bewby on April 10, 2016, 04:12:57 PM
I hope this gets updated for 13 :)

After I get Apparello done (It may take a while still with the current speed)

bewby

Korn.Mil

Theloner33

Agreeing with Korn here, would love to see the Norbals invade Alpha 13.