[A12] Factions - By Thor's epic pecs, the norbals are back! (06/9/15)

Started by Shinzy, November 30, 2014, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: Kenkimaru on December 20, 2014, 05:32:03 PM
I found some stuff that I hope can be fixed:
1. The Tabs that show you Health, Thoughts etc. are completely differently organized, noticed that when I had a Norbal prisoner and for a second there I really thought you couldn't even recruit them because the Prisoner tab was not on the right it was on the second from the left

2. The same prisoner had the "naked" mood because he was naked? but he wore the boots and loincloth. I think this is because the loincloth is actually the wrong layer of clothing or something like that.

3. The Crossbow is so freaking powerfull with 40 damage i think its unreal with that much damage it should cost and sell for alot more I think, your idea for the chiefs having them sounds good.

4. The weird fact that they are their own race was mentioned already.

Oh and can you tell me how I change them back so they like heat/cold the same as other colonists because playing even in temperate zones makes them really annoying to have which makes them basically a money source for slave traders only its like the whole race has a permanent "pessimist" trait I really dislike that about them. Personal preferences I guess.

some of the norbals (the thralls and karls) won't spawn with adequate clothing, they're sort of servants so
But you can actually drop clothing in the jail now, naked pawns should automatically wear them then on their own
Anyhow they're naked cause as far as I'm aware they'd need clothing that cover both the chest and legs
so if you'd toss them a t shirt they should be allright

and aye! I'll be tuning down the damage a bit too on the crossbows

I know how you feel =P I'm playing on a desert myself, they've got racial heatstroke passive debuff at all times =P
the easiest way to change their preferred climate thingies you'll need to open the xml file (notepad works)
in -> Norbals/Defs/ThingDefs/Norbals.xml

then find the bit
   <ComfyTemperatureMin>-5</ComfyTemperatureMin>
      <ComfyTemperatureMax>15</ComfyTemperatureMax>

and change the values to 12 and 32 <- those are the default human ones
or just bump the max comfy temp to whatever your zone's average temperature is

And for the 4! they're their own race because I wanted them to have bit more health and they're slightly stronger in melee than base human and ofcourse able to survive better in colder climates so imma not gna do anything about this one! =P *poke*
you'll have to deal with their weirdness! ha!

Dipthong

Thinking of installing this one just for those schmexy hats hehe  :)

Dragoon

Um I got a girl with a beard...

[attachment deleted due to age]
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

Sole survivor, gatherer

Survived the industrial accident in the Y-chromosome factory
and has been gathering facial hair ever since =P

You're well on your way to have your first Rimworldian carnivále!

The pawns sometime (very rarely) ignore the gender tags the hair have

I too have a bearded human, which is also really weird =P cause the beards should
only be able to grow on Norbals

But there you go! it's normal =P

Loki88

Quote from: Dragoon on January 02, 2015, 03:54:49 AM

She's got a beard and she's flirtatious... I don't even know where to start on that one...

Edit: She's optimistic about it to!

Evelyn

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

Updated! added a berserker (they'll use the apparello animal hats if that mod is enabled)
also all the norbals will be wielding some of the weapons they wouldn't before cause they had wrong tech level ::)

nerfed the Crossbow damage and only the leaders will have them
and upped most the melee weapon damages a bit
that is all!

Oh! Wild conchita wursts may still appear in your game, I'm sorry (not really) but nothing can be done about that!

Professor Cupcake

naengmyeon

Having a lot of fun with the inclusion of Norbals. I am running into a possibly major issue though, in that the crematorium doesn't seem to recognize Norbal corpses for disposal. My kill zone is currently littered with the skeletons of a large Norbal raid and it's destroying my colony's morale. XD

I'm going to start building graves now and hope they work, but having the crematorium working for be fantastic.

Shinzy

Quote from: naengmyeon on January 15, 2015, 02:50:08 PM
Having a lot of fun with the inclusion of Norbals. I am running into a possibly major issue though, in that the crematorium doesn't seem to recognize Norbal corpses for disposal. My kill zone is currently littered with the skeletons of a large Norbal raid and it's destroying my colony's morale. XD

I'm going to start building graves now and hope they work, but having the crematorium working for be fantastic.

Oooh! there should be option in the crematorium! the vanilla cremation recipe only allows specifically human corpses by default (I believe this is cause it was simplest way to have all the animals not being cremated by default instead of bein butchered =P)
you have to configure the bill manually to accept norbal corpses

Prepare some lavish meals ready for the brave cremation crew who has to deal with the skeletons =P I think they'll deserve it ;D

Evelyn

... If a human eats a Norbal, do they suffer from the cannibalism thought?

harpo99999

I have had that exact issue in that they do suffer canabilism if eating norbals