The 99% difficult prisoner....how to recruit?

Started by nuschler22, November 30, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

Quote from: Wex on December 01, 2014, 01:52:45 PM
Quote from: nuschler22 on December 01, 2014, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 01, 2014, 09:46:42 AM
The difficulty of recruiting represents the best chance you have of recruiting them. The social skill only allows you to get to the highest chance within their difficulty. For example. a 30 difficulty can have up to a 70% chance of recruiting, but usually falls a lot lower. The living area, mood, and social skill of the recruiter all help get closer to that 70%, but will never get it past 70%. For a 99 difficulty, that 1% is as high as you can go, period.

Yes, I realize this.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to be a true 1 percent.  I have three wardens each day trying to convert him, all with a 1 percent chance.  This has been going on for about a year.  This isn't the first 99 difficulty prisoner I've had this issue with.  The last one had the same (except I think there were four or five wardens) and it went on for about 18 months.

I believe there might be a higher percentage of difficulty than what's shown.  Perhaps 99.9 or 99.99 which would be a 1/1000 or 1/10000 likelihood of recruitment.
No, no.
That's not how it works.
You get 2 recruiting attempts per day per prisoner.
Period.
So your chanches aren't as good.

So, that's 2 chances per day at over 500 days for one of my prisoners.  And 2 chances per day over a year for another.  Statistically unlikely that neither one at any point was recruited. 

nuschler22

Also, I don't think you understood my point. 

It's possible that it's not just 99 difficulty, but a 99.99 difficulty which would make the odds less than 1/100 and closer to 1/10000. 

Cimanyd

Months are only 15 days in the game. (it says they are when you mouse over the date)
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

nuschler22

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 01, 2014, 04:32:12 PM
Months are only 15 days in the game. (it says they are when you mouse over the date)

That makes it a bit better and statistically acceptable, but not entirely.  You're still talking 700+ chances to recruit for one and 1000 for the other, a grand total of 1700 one out of a 100 shots to recruit someone without success.  Still highly unlikely.

Goo Poni

But entirely possible in a "That's XCOM, baby!" kind of way. I had a pirate assassin at 99 difficulty join my colony after a couple weeks of recruiting as I mentioned earlier.

nuschler22

Quote from: Goo Poni on December 02, 2014, 02:59:49 AM
But entirely possible in a "That's XCOM, baby!" kind of way. I had a pirate assassin at 99 difficulty join my colony after a couple weeks of recruiting as I mentioned earlier.

I don't know what that's xcom, baby, means.  Lol.

Maybe just a bug on my end.  I have a LOT of mods running.  Like I said, it only effects the 99 difficulty guys because the 98 and less are pretty easily recruited.

Goo Poni

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 02, 2014, 03:55:15 AM
Quote from: Goo Poni on December 02, 2014, 02:59:49 AM

I don't know what that's xcom, baby, means.  Lol.

Maybe just a bug on my end.  I have a LOT of mods running.  Like I said, it only effects the 99 difficulty guys because the 98 and less are pretty easily recruited.
Well a 98% guy is also twice as likely to be recruited.

"That's XCOM, baby!" refers to the unlikely dicerolls that happen anyway. Thin Man probably got about a 30% chance to hit on your soldier in full cover? Boom, critical hit (which was around 5% IF they hit), soldier's dead. 99% chance to hit? Miss.

It's just bad luck is all. I don't think it has anything to do with mods. You can keep feeding them and maybe eventually they'll turn around (though after a year and a half or ~3 rimworld years of saying no....). Otherwise, hope for a slave trader to come by, change storytellers to Randy if you're not with him already, or just deconstruct the door and let them leave if you don't find it to be worth the agg.

DarkMyau

Why would anyone want to recruit a bunch of savages?

I was happily selling them to slavers...till it dropped morale too far (sold 10 at one time).

Now I just watch them bleed to death. Then throw their corpses into the incinerator.

giannikampa

Slave traders keeps coming in Randy Random, switch to it and wait for one, then change back to your previous storyteller if you wish
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

slauenbach

Had the same problem, but i just harvested their organs after several tries to recruit them and they died :p It would be nice to be able to recruit them somehow :)

sensiman

or make them bio-construct  automatons. Angus Thermopyle,i am looking at you :)