[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Hello everyone, and thank you for taking the time to check out this mod! :)

This mod is a tribute to the Haloverse (Halo Universe) :D

I will have more pictures submitted to this part of the forum as soon as I am done with some art that I'm working on.

For now, check out the links below~

P.S. Any and all feedback is welcome here, although I prefer it to be constructive :)

Alpha 12 Download : UNSC, Covenant, and Weapons

Alpha 11 Download Here

Current/Planned Features

Change Log & Notes

Stats of Pawns, Weapons, Apparel, Etc.

How To Install

Credits

Halo 3 © Microsoft Corporation.
Halo Reach © Microsoft Corporation.
Halo 4 © Microsoft Corporation.

Project Haloverse was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules"
using assets from Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.

-----

Mipen - Allowing the use of the Custom Backstory Mod in this mod
Haplo, 1000101 & Alistaire - Various .dll coding advice (custom race properties, custom pawns, etc.)
Skullywag - Inspiration for Energy Shield .dll code
Unifex & Lord Fappington - Helped me create EnergySwordAttack.dll
Carnov - Taught me about usings (using RimWorld;)
Killer117 - Submitted some of the custom backstories for factions, for increased immersion

Special Thanks

Tynan - For making mods like this possible, even for beginners.
Dragoon - For being an active contributer of ideas for the mod as it progressed, since the very beginning
Feirfec and Mr. Cross - For showing support, and eagerness for updates even in the mod's unfinished state

License

Please refer to the "Game Content Usage Rules" Microsoft has in place before deciding to use any of the explicit Halo content in this mod for your own derivation.
This includes, but is not limited to, the custom sounds included in the mod.

Do not include this mod in any modpacks
Do not include this mod in anything commercial
(Monetized YouTube videos, websites (or anything for that matter) with a donation link, etc.)

Mod Abandonment Terms

Let's face it, life happens...
I can't guarantee that I will be the one to complete this project,
or even keep it up to date for every single release of RimWorld.
If for any reason I stop working on this mod, and someone else wishes to take over, here are my requests:

1. Do not assume the mod is abandoned unless the title explicitly states "[Abandoned]",
or there has not been any activity by me for at least 2 months.
2. Continue to follow the rules set by Microsoft, as detailed here.
3. Make sure to continue to credit everyone involved in the production of this mod.
4. Be kind to users and critics.

Dragoon

I cant wait to see how this comes out :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Progress Update:

UNSC faction has officially been added to the mod and is functioning properly. Colony names for the UNSC are based on the colonies of the Halo Universe :D

ODST Pawn Type [WIP]

The armor textures are still looking a little rough at the moment, but I'm going to be updating them as time goes on. I noticed that the UNSC weapons kind of blend in with the armor, and it's really kind of bothering me. I don't want to alter the coloration of the armor or the weapons too much to fix this problem though... Suggestions? Is it even an issue to worry about?

Coming Soon: ODST Ranks/Specialties
I am doing this for the sake of diversity as well as to better balance the UNSC faction. Right now, an ODST soldier with a magnum is just as likely to spawn in a raid as an ODST soldier with a rocket launcher, because of the "points" system.

-ODST Recruit (Magnum; Assault Rifle) - (Medium Armor) - (Standard ODST Helmet)
-ODST Sharpshooter (Sniper) - (Light Armor) - (Specialized ODST Helmet)
-ODST Close-Quarters (Shotgun; Rocket Launcher?) - (Heavy Armor) - (Specialized ODST Helmet)
*ODST Heavy? (Rocket Launcher) - (Heavy Armor) - (Specialized ODST Helmet)

The armor variants for each rank/specialization will each have different textures and stat offsets.

Coming Later: Spartans

Legendary warriors, lethal in both hand-to-hand combat and fire-fights. Very... very... very hard to kill. But, also very rare. Balancing these guys (and gals) should be fun  :o

"Spartans never die..."

Eventually: Covenant Faction and Pawns

-----

Again, feel free to leave any comments/recommendations. Like it? Hate it? I wanna know :)

Note: I am not trying to turn Rimworld into Halo, and I am not trying to get it implemented into the main game, EVER. I just like the Halo Universe and the lore :D

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Shinzy

I comp the previous speaker! they look amaze!
could you show bigger image of the armor so I can steal it ..what? nothing *sniffle*
I wanan see the detail bit better =P

CB elite

Here's the standard ODST front for you:

I just used a liquify tool to form this texture to the fronts of the other body types.

I'm not going to post too many detailed pictures of anything right now, because you might try to steal them they still need some refinement. You can feel free to use all of the textures in my mod's texture folder for anything you want, once I release it. Sound good? :)

Shinzy

Quote from: CB elite on December 05, 2014, 05:59:58 PM
Here's the standard ODST front for you:

I just used a liquify tool to form this texture to the fronts of the other body types.

I'm not going to post too many detailed pictures of anything right now, because you might try to steal them they still need some refinement. You can feel free to use all of the textures in my mod's texture folder for anything you want, once I release it. Sound good? :)

Oooh what a cheat! ;D
I just wanted to see them up close cause I'm curious (I've done some bits of armor myself so! they don't quite get to your level of detail but I do most of them one by one so, would take me a year ;D)
they look so swell in the screeny! =P but couldn't tell much of the detail
thanks!
I will snoop on the liquified ones once you've released this then!
Be afraid! be veeery afraid!

CB elite

UPDATE:

ODST units have been updated, and re-balanced!

Changes:

ODST  ranks/subdivisions created; Recruit, Close Quarters, Sharpshooter, Heavy

Each rank has their own specialized armor [Helmet & Battle Suit], with differing stat offsets. Each rank is also worth a different amount of "points", and this really helps balance raids and assistance by the UNSC.

------

Helmet visors are a great indicator of the rank of the ODST units:

Blue = Recruit
Teal/Green = Sharpshooter
Orange = Close Quarters
Red = Heavy

------

I'm currently working on separate textures for the Battle Suits for each rank. I figure it makes sense that light armor should have less plating, and heavier armor should have more :)

Anyways, let me know what you think! Thanks for all of the support so far. Looking forward to getting more feedback :D

Dragoon

*melts away* haaaaaa...............

FridayBiology

Looks sweet, you could post your MOD into a public folder on dropbox. that is if you don't want to upload it here :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

CB elite

@Dragoon Glad you like it :D

@Shinzy You'll be able to take a peak  at those sooner than later :)

@Feirfec I have college finals coming up, so I'm not going to be able to work on any updates for a while. So, I figured I would work on getting my Mod's first official version up by today. It's unfinished right now, so I figure this forum would be the appropriate forum to post it to for now. You'll find a link to the mod at the bottom of this post :D

Everything is extremely unbalanced at the moment. I also still need to do some tweaking on the cooldown/warmup ticks for all of the weapons I added... Everything has almost no cooldown, and rate of fire is expressed through the warmup period because me-from-the-past wasn't thinking very clearly...

Want covenant weapons? You're going to have to spawn them in yourself, because traders do not carry and the Covenant faction hasn't been introduced yet :(

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8n6pxe2czccnge/Project_Haloverse.zip

Note: I had trouble coming up with a decent name for the Mod  :-\

FridayBiology

much love CBelite, will you update with the Alpha 8 release?

P.S. goodluck with finals, now get the (insert abusive terms here) off the forums and study,
hugs and kisses
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

CB elite

Quote from: Feirfec on December 07, 2014, 08:03:54 PM
much love CBelite, will you update with the Alpha 8 release?

P.S. goodluck with finals, now get the (insert abusive terms here) off the forums and study,
hugs and kisses

Yeah, I will be updating with Alpha 8. The temperature thing is going to be an interesting thing to deal with for sure :o

Thanks for the luck, I'm going to need it. Haha.

Dragoon

Does Cb Elite stand for Clonebine elite or Combine Elite?

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on December 08, 2014, 08:02:45 PM
Does Cb Elite stand for Clonebine elite or Combine Elite?

When I was little, a group of friends and I were making xbox live accounts for the first time. We were really into Halo at the time (still are), so we wanted to make our gamertags have something to do with Halo. So, we all decided to use our first and last initials, followed by "Elite". One of my friends suggested "Elite Guardian", but that was too much haha.

Anyways, CB is just my initials :)

I just kinda use CB elite for everything now.