[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBKRKO619

Weird, It happen only when I have a "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" installed.
Anyway, I will try to find why there is that bug.

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on March 22, 2015, 05:44:56 PM
-snip-

Those looks great! oh and heres the link https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0
I downloaded the miscellaneous one.

Implants: BrainPals
   If you always wanted to have your own voice-in-your-head, here it is: Your personal BrainPal(TM)
   BrainPals are micro computers that are hard wired into the brain and provide you with live feedback.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Thanks, Dragoon :)

So, I ran into a bug today while play testing, and it's quite annoying... Basically, the game isn't spawning any pawns during raids because it can't find them in my code, so I have to go back and look to see what I did wrong :( If you guys are experiencing something similar, I should have a fix done soon.

Update: It has something to do with the pawn defs, and not necessarily my own. Even when I take a pawn group maker from the vanilla game and put it into my own, it works fine as long as certain pawns are present. When I remove the lower tier pawns, the game freaks out with raids (or at least at the very beginning). I'm going to play around with some numbers for a bit, and let you guys know what happens. But first, some not so nutritious nutrition for energy...

Update #2: After some playing around with numbers and such, I believe that I have found the non-game-breaking issue at hand... When the game wants the UNSC or Covenant to "raid" your colony, it looks for a pawn under a certain point threshold for your current condition. Early on in the game, the game wants to throw low-point pawns at you, and neither faction that I've created contains one of those. So, I'm going to have create one of those for each faction... As frustrating as that is, that seems to be what's going to have to be done... I think I'll use some existing species to create some "scouts" with really low points, and really low selection weight, so that they don't show up as often in the late game. Wish me luck.

Update #3: Added scouts, low cost, low selection weight. Might have to work with this a bit more in the future to figure out how to further reduce spawning of scouts. Uploaded to dropbox and is downloadable now...

HBKRKO619

So, after some more test, I confirm, I can't do any operation on a pawn with the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" installed.
That's what I've done, I begun to install the "Muscular Enhancement Injections", it took place of the heart, no problem, everything work. After that, I tryed to install the "Occipital Capillary Reversal", it took place of the brain, everything work, no problem. And after, I tryed to install the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant", it took place of the "Occipital Capillary Reversal" in the neck and his brain was on the ground after the "Occipital Capillary Reversal" operation, no brain guy who was walking with no problem xDDDDD And after that, I coudn't do any operation, when I clicked on the operation button, nothing happen, nothing open.

I hope it will help you, The fact that the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" took the place of the "Occipital Capillary Reversal" seems not logic but logic in the same time because even if it go on the neck, it took place of the brain in the game.

CB elite

Oooooooooooh. I think I know what might be happening now lol. Thank you for the in-depth explanation :) Ill try to fix that after school today.

Update: Got some free time in the library to work on this, and I fixed the issue while still maintaining realism. Just, one thing for med-mod compatibility: Instead of putting the recipes from UNSC into med mods, you're going to have to take the recipes from other med mods and put them into UNSC if that makes sense :)

I should have something posted later today for a fix. I know these bugs are really annoying, and I try my best to get out bugfixes as fast as possible :(

HBKRKO619

It make no difference. I put your 4 recipes into the humanoid race of glitter tech for exemple who already have the one from Cyberstorm and I copy paste this modified humanoid race into cyberstorm and your UNSC mod. Like this, the 3 mod have exactly the same humanoid race and everything will work fine with your fix of the bug ^^

CB elite

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 23, 2015, 05:20:47 PM
It make no difference. I put your 4 recipes into the humanoid race of glitter tech for exemple who already have the one from Cyberstorm and I copy paste this modified humanoid race into cyberstorm and your UNSC mod. Like this, the 3 mod have exactly the same humanoid race and everything will work fine with your fix of the bug ^^

You're right, actually. I don't know what I was thinking lol. Thanks again! It's been a while since I've had some decent sleep, so if I start to not make sense, I apologize .-.

HBKRKO619

No problem man ^^ take time to rest, your mod is great and I thank you again for that but real life and your health is more important ^^

HBKRKO619

Just to tell you that after your last update, I "played" with the recipe to made all of this compatible and it work perfectly :) I can now do operation after installing the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant"
Thank you :)

CB elite

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 24, 2015, 11:07:29 PM
Just to tell you that after your last update, I "played" with the recipe to made all of this compatible and it work perfectly :) I can now do operation after installing the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant"
Thank you :)

That's what I like to hear :) I'm glad it's working now :)

CB elite

Hi guys,

I know I try to keep the forum decongested by keeping everything in a google doc, but I just wanted to drop by and give a quick update for the mod :)

-----

I've added some the Promethean weapons, but they don't function entirely the same as they do in the Halo games yet. I need to refine my C# knowledge before I can get into the complicated stuff :/ But hey, they are pretty cool, if I say so myself.

I've also added a new defensive Gauss Cannon to the UNSC portion of the mod. It can't fire over walls & requires artillery shells to use, but it's really accurate, does a lot of direct damage, and has a small explosive effect. I've found it extremely amusing/useful, but it does need some balancing. You're also going to have to research some new tech to build the thing without god mode. Also, kinda sad as to how the base of the turret comes out in-game, but there's not much I can do about that with the stuffs system.

Let me know what you guys think :)

Thanks again for all of the support :D

Dragoon

Cool the Promethean weapons look great and I like their stats.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Thanks,

Just a heads up:

I'm probably going to be doing updates on a less frequent basis, as it gets annoying having to create a new world every time I come out with something new for the mod :/ I'll still be updating the change log, though.

apljee

Quote from: CB elite on April 03, 2015, 06:30:31 PM
Thanks,

Just a heads up:

I'm probably going to be doing updates on a less frequent basis, as it gets annoying having to create a new world every time I come out with something new for the mod :/ I'll still be updating the change log, though.

You shouldn't have to make a new world as long as you're not removing anything, or if you're not adding any factions. Weapon mods don't require new worlds, so you're good unless you add/change factions.

CB elite

Quote from: apljee on April 05, 2015, 11:22:39 AM
You shouldn't have to make a new world as long as you're not removing anything, or if you're not adding any factions. Weapon mods don't require new worlds, so you're good unless you add/change factions.

It seems that the slightest adjustments that I make to factions causes them to go bonkers :(

I'm working on increasing the diversity of pawns within the covenant faction(s) at the moment, and there's no point in releasing the stuff until I shift my focus off of that and onto additions that don't affect save files :/ No one wants to have to start over every few days for a few new features lol.

Once I get these bugs sorted out, I'm going to finish mapping out a few flood body defs for the flood pawns. Then, I have to get that faction up and running correctly (balanced, spawning the right ratio of each type, etc.). This would be so much easier if it were just a weapons mod, but the constant balance changes within the factions... :(

I appreciate your comment though :D