[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on August 23, 2015, 04:16:32 PM
Haha sounds cool. Thatd be hilarious though. Ur like "oh hes lost a toe, who cares" then he he just drops dead with a shredded brain. So could ruin someones day with that

I'll leave the ruining of people's days up to the flood, once they're up and running lmao

By the way, I've posted a link on the first page of the forum to a download for Alpha 12 weapons. Save compatibility shouldn't be a problem here.

Mr.Cross

Speaking of the flood and ruining peoples days, how has that been going?
Claims to know most things.

CB elite

Thinking I'm going to start with pure forms. Still have a little bit to learn about C# before I can get a proper infection system going.

Mr.Cross

Ah, alright. Can't wait until the little buggers start kill off my people!

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 23, 2015, 06:23:06 PM
Ah, alright. Can't wait until the little buggers[/i] start kill off my people!

That reminds me, are you going to add those? Buggers/drones?

CB elite

Hunters and drones are both something I've been seriously considering.
I can't very well call this a Halo mod and not include those things, but I'm not sure how I would make them fit Halo lore with how the game works yet. For example, hunters would be easy to spawn as "brothers", but making them react properly to their brother's death might prove difficult.

With drones, it just bothers me to see a pawn that supposed to be flying with no moving parts (wings). I'm sure it's possible to give them a slight animation, I just don't know how yet.

This is part of why I chose Halo as the theme of the mod I wanted to make for Rimworld. So much content, so much challenge. I know things aren't perfect yet, but I'm so excited for the day that they will be :)

Mr.Cross

for the drones, at least for me, Just having them zip around without being slowed by trees or rocks would be enough to justify 'Flying' with out any moving parts.

Your right about the hunters, that would be particularly difficult... hmmm...

killer117

Actually he could just give them a mental break triggered by the death of his pair. And with the flood, u could make the infection form trigger an infection in the persons torso, imidietly driving them mad, and give it about three to four seconds to kill him, then maybe get the guy who made the zombie apocalypse help u with making the guy get back up with a new texture, affiliation and stats. Just an idea, but i know nothing about C++, i do html, but i think it might work
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Mr.Cross

You see I thought the same thing, until I realized that they would be in the middle of fighting so what would a break accomplish? Perhaps it could make them rush the person who killed their brother?

killer117

Then maybe u could give them a stat increase, make them slightly faster and make then take a lot more damage before going down. I dont know if thatd be harder or not. But im curious what ur gonna do in order to implement thier inbuilt armour. And will it be possible to capture and recruit aliens. Thatd be awsome
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Mr.Cross

He's planning on making it possible to capture and recruit the aliens, it's just rather hard for him to make it so.

I'm pretty sure making an ingame stat increase would be exceedingly difficult, but I could be wrong.

CB elite

Features that I want to include, but are proving difficult for me:

- Imprisonment/recruitment of covenant forces downed in battle.
- Covenant pawns can be stripped of armor (I hate that their armor gets all fleshy when they die, because its drawn on as if the armor is part of the covenant species' anatomy for now)
- Covenant pawns can use equipment other than weapons (game doesn't like when I try to give them shields or energy shields)
- Various gross alien fluids drop on injury of respective species
- Flood infection system
- Promethean weapons do more damage to organic things than non-organic
- Promethean weapons cause killed pawns to "disintegrate"
- More, but I can't think right now (just woke up)

These are literally all things that I have attempted to code, but ran into a brick wall with a small piece of the .dll code.

killer117

That sounds badass. And how does thier armour get all fleshy. I dont know what u mean

CB elite

When you kill a grunt, and you let it sit for days and days, the armor they're wearing starts to get that decaying flesh color to it.

killer117