[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade

Also, just a heads up, I can't guarantee how fast the art update will come out. I'm making very slow progress at the moment due to school and another project I'm working on. Plus, I'm trying to get things as "correct" as possible the first time so that I don't have to go back and re-update.

Smexy_Vampire

Renegade

Sorry it's been a while since my last post guys. I'll admit, I got bored of RimWorld for a second.

Xcom 2 came out, and I got sucked into that for a while. Got bored of that and rediscovered Terraria in my Steam library, and that distracted me from my problems for a moment. But yeah, anyways.

I heard Alpha 13 was coming soon (ish) and came back to the forums. Gonna continue working on texture updates when I have time. As for updating the mod itself, I'll do what I can where I can when I have time. Love playing with this mod and would hate to see it die. Hope everyone is doing well!

Update:

Here's some concept art I got done today for the updated spartan armors. Extremely unpolished, but it's progress towards something greater than colored power armor I hope.

Update 2:

Decided to play around with those sketches I made last night, and came up with this so far for the back. Another rough draft, but still progress. [Left: Vanilla Power Armor w/ Sage; Right: Updated rough draft (back) Mjolnir texture]

Smexy_Vampire

any one going to try and update so this works with A13 ? relastionships and recutring

Renegade

Hi guys lol

I've been really busy with life, which is why I haven't posted anything in a while.

I was bored last night, and decided to update all of the ODST armors and done some minor touch ups to the Marine helmets.
I'm still not 100% satisfied-- especially with the side suits -- but I still like them more than the originals.

Left: Male Front
Right: Female Side

Let me know what you think?

P.S. I tried updating the code for just the UNSC part, and I flopped somewhere along the lines. I think it might have something to do with the energy shield .dll, but I'm not really error-log literate so it's hard for me to say.

Update: I've narrowed the exception down to the pawn types folder, and found a bunch of issues there. Gonna leave code alone for now, but I'll keep you guys updated on any progress I make...

Update 2: After removing insurrectionist pawn types, and their faction, I got it to where there are no errors that pop up on startup. However, the game isn't letting me generate worlds now. I have a feeling this has something to do with the factions. I'll look into it later.

Update 3: Turns out it was an issue with the energy shield .dll
I really need to hire a code wizard ;-;

killer117

Try talking to other modders. With this mod already built almost completely, im sure there are some out there more than willing to fix it up. Try pm'ing some modders and see what happens
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Renegade

Quote from: killer117 on July 23, 2016, 07:33:51 AM
Try talking to other modders. With this mod already built almost completely, im sure there are some out there more than willing to fix it up. Try pm'ing some modders and see what happens

This is probably what I'll have to do, to be honest.

Smexy_Vampire

killer117

Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Mr.Cross

# hopes chrushed, # bring cbelite and his awesome shit back!
Claims to know most things.

killer117

O Negative

Whoa :o Was this a one-man-project???

I'm honestly surprised nobody else has picked this project up. Halo in RimWorld sounds like such a good combination!

A team of like 3 people could tackle this, easily.

Smexy_Vampire

his links are dead some one would have to cought up there files to be be looked at to see what code could be salvaged but yes im sad i cant even tinker with it in an a12 game

O Negative

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on December 25, 2016, 11:15:17 PM
his links are dead some one would have to cought up there files to be be looked at to see what code could be salvaged but yes im sad i cant even tinker with it in an a12 game

I'd be surprised if someone didn't have it saved somewhere. Although, I guess it wouldn't be too surprising, given the lack of compatibility between mods. It'd be cool if someone came forward with the files, and made it public again.

Mr.Cross

Regenade was last trying to do this, howwver i think be may have dropped it. I would have taken the helm however i have no modding expirence what so ever, however i am trying to rectify that.
Claims to know most things.