[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

grunt slaves....yes I mean I've always wanted to be a spacer with my grunty crew (lol)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dragoon

Could you do a combo of energy sword and shield as seen in this?http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sangheili_point_defense_gauntlet (the comic) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6681.0 this mod has a sword and shield combo maybe you could base it off this?
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

JonoRig

hey, the grunts are great, but i have a weird thing where i can set them to hunt (i guess they are defined as animals?) but if i incap them, i can harvest their organs, got a heart out of one before it bled out, and ran put of medicine before i got lungs and kidneys of the other two

CB elite

Quote from: JonoRig on December 21, 2014, 05:27:53 PM
hey, the grunts are great, but i have a weird thing where i can set them to hunt (i guess they are defined as animals?) but if i incap them, i can harvest their organs, got a heart out of one before it bled out, and ran put of medicine before i got lungs and kidneys of the other two

I still have a lot of work to do on the grunts lol. I need to remove some of the recipes, so that you can't get the hearts out. Or, maybe I should just make the parts useless for humans? The unggoy (grunt) race is actually set as a mechanoid race right now, not animal. I haven't tested it yet, but this probably means you can extract metal from them or some dumb thing for now... Anyways, the reason you can hunt them is probably due to the fact that they are not humanoid. Grunts can never be defined as humanoid, because they need to follow their own texture path and the game freaks out when loading any grunts if they're defined as humanoid. So, until I can find some work around for this, enjoy hunting grunts! :D

I'm curious about changing their blood color to a luminescent light blue color. I think I've seen some megascarabs (the ones that happen when you open the bleed a brownish color, and I've been searching the code for how that happens but haven't found anything yet :(

I'm working on a way to get a bugtracker/request list going without spamming the forums, so keep an eye out for it :p

Quote from: Dragoon on December 21, 2014, 04:33:31 AM
Could you do a combo of energy sword and shield as seen in this?http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sangheili_point_defense_gauntlet (the comic) https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6681.0 this mod has a sword and shield combo maybe you could base it off this?

I was going to do the point defense gauntlet for the Kig-Yar anyways, and I believe there is a way to wield shields and melee weapons at the same time (pretty sure I saw it happen when I played the apperello mod). I'll test this out, before I make any promises regarding a single item as overpowered as that combo sounds lol

Dragoon

lol sounds good to me. Oh could you reduce the aiming time to 2 seconds on the bruteshot ( I fired it at some boars all 4 rounds hit it..but it was still standing XD)

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on December 21, 2014, 06:32:35 PM
lol sounds good to me. Oh could you reduce the aiming time to 2 seconds on the bruteshot ( I fired it at some boars all 4 rounds hit it..but it was still standing XD)

Sounds like it's lacking in power, then. That actually reminds me, I'm going to try to set up a chart with the stats of a bunch of different weapons, so that I can balance things better :)

Dragoon

AHHHH Fing really?

[attachment deleted due to age]

JonoRig

I have been having fun with the ancient spaceship landing, then grunts popping out, running away, locking myself in my base, letting them have a psychotic break, and fight the scyther they land with

CB elite

Quote from: JonoRig on December 22, 2014, 06:10:20 PM
I have been having fun with the ancient spaceship landing, then grunts popping out, running away, locking myself in my base, letting them have a psychotic break, and fight the scyther they land with

I just experience this today, too! This is happening because the grunts are still defined as <mechanoid>true</mechanoid>. That's completely my fault lol. I'm working on fixing this as soon as I get some time to work on the MOD again. With the holidays here, and having to work more, I've been a little strapped for time :(

Quote from: Dragoon on December 22, 2014, 05:13:00 PM
AHHHH Fing really?

I have yet to experience such an overwhelming gruntpocalypse :o
Probably has something to do with the points system. I'll look into it.

JonoRig

I'm in no rush to see this slight quirk disappear anytime soon, im having a lot of fun with them, plus the ODST's, Rimtroopers, Norbals and Jaffa all crossing paths. any chance of seen Spartan NPC's, i've debugged them in, but at no point have i seen them visit naturally

CB elite

Quote from: JonoRig on December 22, 2014, 07:30:07 PM
I'm in no rush to see this slight quirk disappear anytime soon, im having a lot of fun with them, plus the ODST's, Rimtroopers, Norbals and Jaffa all crossing paths. any chance of seen Spartan NPC's, i've debugged them in, but at no point have i seen them visit naturally

Yeah, the Spartans occur naturally. I started a world/colony not too long ago, and got lucky with some goodwill. I actually had a group of 3 spartans pass by my colony a couple of times. It's supposed to be a little bit of a rare sight, because I didn't want it to be too easy to obtain the Mark VI armor :) That's also why you'll never see a Spartan alone. I wanted to avoid a lone Spartan being arrested and stripped for his/her gear :P

Dragoon

CB elite

Just an update! I have created a Google Spreadsheet that you can all look at to see the stats of weapons side by side. There are also pages for the health of Humans vs Spartans vs Grunts right now. More will be added to that as more pawns are created. For the armor, all I have right now is the market values of each.

So far, I have found it extremely useful in balancing everything. Feel free to let me know if you think something should be altered for any item. I can't promise that I'll do what you tell me to, but I'll definitely listen and consider :)

Here is the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AJhnCAWYQybRanEtLbM_1ZCzNm6Ok22K4oOZmryl78s/edit?usp=sharing

Also, since I'm posting on here, check out the update! :)

SundayTuesday

i think it would be pretty cool if you could recruit other species. just my 2 cents :P
"When your kingdom is attacked, Do not flee.
Show them WHY it is your kingdom!"

Dragoon

yeah did you read the other posts?

Quote from: CB elite on December 19, 2014, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: Dragoon on December 19, 2014, 04:49:58 AM
Whoa halo 4 grunts? I like it!! I cant wait for the new stuff, But how would we go about getting these grunts? (once they are added I mean)
PLEASE add in color changing for the spartan and odst armor (I use prepare carefully and there is a problem that I think has to do with that.)

I'm hoping to put in some regular "minor" and "major" grunts in next. Ultras would be nice to have too.

And, that really depends on what you mean by "getting"? Right now there's no way right now to recruit them, if that's what you're saying. For the faction to appear in game, you have to create a new world, I think :(

Explanation: To be recruited, I'm pretty sure a creature has to be defined as "humanoid". Grunts can't be defined this way, because the game freaks out about the textures (especially the hair, because the game insists on giving humanoids hair and crashes). I'm hoping to find a work-around to this eventually. I mean, how cool would it be to run your own little Grunt slave operation? :D

I use EdB Prepare Carefully too, and I noticed what you noticed as well. I took away the compColorable thing because it was messing with my texture art in game, but I'm working on a way to prevent that. I'll do some devtesting, and update the Google Doc with my results. If all goes as planned today, I hope to have an updated version for you to use.