[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on March 17, 2015, 08:19:52 PM
-snip-
That setup seems fair I mean your only gonna get plasma guns though either traders or raid anyway (unless you add crafting) or you can make a main folder with all the weapons and what not and just add factions as optional like Rimsenal did . https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on March 17, 2015, 10:55:52 PM
That setup seems fair I mean your only gonna get plasma guns though either traders or raid anyway (unless you add crafting) or you can make a main folder with all the weapons and what not and just add factions as optional like Rimsenal did . https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0

I remember seeing some sort of schematic system before in another mod that I thought about implementing in the future for weapon creation. Would that be a good system, or would it be better to just require the materials to make the  weapons? :o

Perhaps faction vs weapon toggling would be better for users. I'll play with both options for now :)

Thanks for the link btw!

Dragoon

Quote from: CB elite on March 18, 2015, 03:26:43 AM
-snip-

Well the thing about the schematics is you have to already have one of the item then tear it down and make it into an schematic. It can sometimes be tedious, plus you have to bring the blueprints every time you are going to craft them and all it takes is a gun happy colonist or raider and it's gone XD.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Well, gosh darn it, looks like i'll just have to make the weapons craftable ;) lol

Update: Alpha 9 UNSC is up and running properly. I hotfixed a bug with the shotgun sound effects and the new link is good. You can find the latest download link on the first page of the forum :)

Dragoon

Btw have you though of putting (unsc) in front of the gun so they are all grouped together (idk if ti affects gamplay but would be nice in prepare carefully XD)

Oh and well done balancing the mod ;D ! The assualt rifle has less range but higher burst at a decently higher cost 8)

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on March 20, 2015, 11:06:29 AM
Btw have you though of putting (unsc) in front of the gun so they are all grouped together (idk if ti affects gamplay but would be nice in prepare carefully XD)

Oh and well done balancing the mod ;D ! The assualt rifle has less range but higher burst at a decently higher cost 8)

Yeah, I could do that. It would alphabetize them so that they are all together in debug (and prepare carefully, I think). It wouldn't affect game play at all. Only reason I have it as "<gun name> (unsc)" is because I'm used to categorizing things in that format. New format will be with the next update of this mod that contains the Covenant stuff :)

CB elite

I've updated everything from alpha 8 into alpha 9 (FINALLY). I promise I'll be faster for alpha 10 :)

I would have had it up yesterday but the energy sword wanted to make thumpy noises instead of energy sword noises, and I couldn't figure out why until a few minutes ago :(

Hoping you enjoy what was available in alpha 8 while I work on some extra stuff before today :)

HBKRKO619

Thank you man, but is it still incompatible with very popular mod like cyberstorm, glitter tech, .... who add medical stuff to like alpha 8 was ?
If it still incompatible, what part of your mod did I have to not activate to be able to play with the rest ? Because your factions, weapons, storytellers seem really great ? I would love to play with your medical stuff to but I prefer keep cyberstrom and glitter tech for that (more stuff) if it's not compatible.

CB elite

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 21, 2015, 04:58:30 PM
Thank you man, but is it still incompatible with very popular mod like cyberstorm, glitter tech, .... who add medical stuff to like alpha 8 was ?
If it still incompatible, what part of your mod did I have to not activate to be able to play with the rest ? Because your factions, weapons, storytellers seem really great ? I would love to play with your medical stuff to but I prefer keep cyberstrom and glitter tech for that (more stuff) if it's not compatible.

I don't blame you for wanting to use their stuff, as it's all super cool :o My best bet would be due to the UNSC's override of the humanoid race to allow the spartan augmentations. I'll look into it after I eat lunch and post what I find :)

Update: I downloaded the mods, played with them & my mod activated at the same time. Glittertech has some xml errors in it still, but I doubt that has anything to do with the incompatibility. By the way, when say "incompatible", you mean when my mod is activated you can't use their medical features, right? If so, then my assumption that the Races_Humanoid.xml was the problem is correct.

The fix isn't difficult, and there are a couple of ways you could go about fixing things:

1. You could go into the UNSC mod -> defs -> thing defs, and then remove the Races_Humanoid.xml from the mod. This will result in no longer being able to augment your colonists to be Spartans, but the compatibility will be restored; or, at least it should be.

2. If you know xml, you can take the 4 recipes I added to the humanoid race .xml and put them in the humanoid race .xml of these other mods, and that should restore compatibility too. I won't be making any more changes to the humanoid race any time soon (if ever), but it would still be tedious for the user (you).

3. I could theoretically make a couple of compatibility packs for players who want to play my mod with these mods. It wouldn't be hard to make at all... It would just require me to stay up to date with all other "popular" medical mods though, and we might run into this issue again in the future.

I would suggest just going with option 1 for now :/

Dragoon

What are you plans for the forerunners?
(btw sentinels and Prometheans would be the same faction)
Will we be able to recruit forerunners ?
What will we get by using the machining table and shredding the robots?
Could we craft them out of human flesh and plasteel (cause they are made from people ,plasteel for the knights and maybe steel for the dogs or watchers) or something?

Yes a lot of questions but I know something else is gonna ask them or a lot more.
THANK YOU!!! for making them alphabetical (btw id just put (cov) in front of cov weapons I'm sure get the gist I hope too intruding).

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on March 21, 2015, 06:54:12 PM
What are you plans for the forerunners?
(btw sentinels and Prometheans would be the same faction)
Will we be able to recruit forerunners ?
What will we get by using the machining table and shredding the robots?
Could we craft them out of human flesh and plasteel (cause they are made from people ,plasteel for the knights and maybe steel for the dogs or watchers) or something?

Yes a lot of questions but I know something else is gonna ask them or a lot more.
THANK YOU!!! for making them alphabetical (btw id just put (cov) in front of cov weapons I'm sure get the gist I hope too intruding).

Forerunners is/are definitely the faction(s) I'm most excited to work on. I understand that sentinels are technically forerunner technology, and am open to the idea of combining the two factions into one. The only reason I have them divided from one another is the simple fact that Prometheans are led by the Didact, while Sentinels are general forerunner technology that (from my knowledge) have a general purpose to construct, maintain and protect forerunner facilities; they don't really have a "leader". I might just have to do a poll for this dilemma :/

My game plan for the prometheans and sentinels is a bit shaky at the moment. However, weapons are definitely something I want to get integrated as soon as I get the chance :)

Recruitment would be interesting, and construction of prometheans would be great once I dive into crafting in Rimworld. I would most likely include the Composer as the "workbench" for the prometheans. Or, at least it would be an intermediate step.

Machining the sentinels/robots would probably be something similar to what happens with mechanoids... Perhaps I could include a product that could be used for advanced base defenses (i.e. improvised sentinel beam turret things?).

I'm still learning a lot of the Halo lore to make this as accurate as possible :)

Answering these kinds of questions is never a burden to me, because it gets me thinking about possibilities for future updates, and I really do appreciate your constant posts in this forum :) lol

HBKRKO619

So, I manage to put your 4 recipes into the humanoid race of the other mods and after that, copy/paste the same humanoid race in all of the medical mod (and your) and it work perfectly exept one little bug i found after some test.
When I inject the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" into one of my little guy, I can't do operation no more. When I click on the operation button, nothing happen, nothing open.
I think it's because the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" come in the neck, something who's not in the vanilla game. It replace the brain anyway so I think it's better to put this on the brain to fix this bug, even if it's not 100% "roleplay" ^^ (not 100% sure of my "fix", I never modded anything xDDD)

P.S. : I hope I made myself clear, not english native speaker xDDD
P.S. 2 : A big thank you for telling me what I had to do to made all of this compatible, you made a great mod and I can't wait to see it become bigger :)

Dragoon

Could the "complete spartan augmentation" be made for the torso instead of the brain? (I ask because of of this mod that adds brain pals pretty much A.Is in your head like Cortana and they have smart(bionic) and dumb(electronic) A.Is.

CB elite

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 21, 2015, 08:43:07 PM
... it work perfectly exept one little bug i found after some test.
When I inject the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" into one of my little guy, I can't do operation no more. When I click on the operation button, nothing happen, nothing open.
I think it's because the "Catalytic Thyroid Implant" come in the neck, something who's not in the vanilla game. It replace the brain anyway so I think it's better to put this on the brain to fix this bug, even if it's not 100% "roleplay" ^^ (not 100% sure of my "fix", I never modded anything xDDD)

P.S. : I hope I made myself clear, not english native speaker xDDD
P.S. 2 : A big thank you for telling me what I had to do to made all of this compatible, you made a great mod and I can't wait to see it become bigger :)

I'll investigate the bug today, and come back to report my findings. That shouldn't be happening :/ The only problem with putting this on the brain would be that it would be incompatible with the Occipital enhancement that goes on the brain. As frustrating as that is, I'm going to have to find another work-around if the problem is the neck placement.

Thanks for the support <3

Update: I play tested the Catalytic Thyroid Implant, and it worked perfectly fine. I'm not sure what could be going wrong for your game :( I'm sorry I don't have the answer this time :(

Quote from: Dragoon on March 22, 2015, 02:13:48 AM
Could the "complete spartan augmentation" be made for the torso instead of the brain? (I ask because of of this mod that adds brain pals pretty much A.Is in your head like Cortana and they have smart(bionic) and dumb(electronic) A.Is.

Only problem with that would be that the augmentation would lose efficiency for every time the torso was damaged. This is because the augmentation acts as a replacement of the body part as a whole rather than an add-on, if that makes sense. Given that information, if I were to change the position, I would most likely change the position to the spinal column of Spartans. It makes a little more sense than the torso in a few ways:

1. The majority of the augmentations are neurological

2. The spinal column is much less likely to be damaged; therefor, the augmentation is much less likely to be interfered with.

That mod sounds really cool btw! Mind posting a link to it in the forum? :)

CB elite

Here's a preview of the main promethean weapons that will be included in the mod :)

I was in the middle of these textures right before I suspended the mod a couple of months ago, and I hope they are appealing :)

Now to make some custom projectiles and look into getting some decent sound-fx for the weapons!

-----

Also, probably going to add the incineration cannon, but I haven't gotten around to working on a texture for that yet :p