[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtmiller1233

Hey, I dont know if it would be possible right now due to the other things you have planned, but eventually can we get some marine armor for the colonists? Also, Loving the mod so far! You have done a wonderful job.  :D

Lightbulb500

Just wanted to say that I am really loving all the progress that's been made!

The mod has become a must for any of my playthroughs  ;D

CB elite

Quote from: sgtmiller1233 on April 09, 2015, 10:42:22 AM
Hey, I dont know if it would be possible right now due to the other things you have planned, but eventually can we get some marine armor for the colonists? Also, Loving the mod so far! You have done a wonderful job.  :D

I don't really have a linear thing that I'm following right now. So, yes! :)

Marine armor would not be difficult to make at all. Often times, with clothing, the most time consuming thing is creating the textures for the apparel. But, once I get that done, the xml coding is really easy :)

Most of the pawns that I'm adding via this mod are meant for mid-late game interaction for players who intend on staying on the planet for a while. UNSC Marines would be a nice replacement for the scouts that I have currently.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I'm glad you like it so far! :D

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on April 09, 2015, 11:08:04 AM
Just wanted to say that I am really loving all the progress that's been made!

The mod has become a must for any of my playthroughs  ;D

I'm glad that you're enjoying it :D

I hope that as things continue to diversify and become more complex you will continue to like it as much as you do now :)

CB elite

Just an update for those who don't read the change-log/notes:

I'm still working on updating this to Alpha 10.
I know, it's taking forever, but as I add more content the updates will continue to get slower.
I am still working solo on this :/

-----

Main things that have slowed me down:
School
Work
Health related stuff

-----

I know I've posted stuff like this before, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the mod hasn't been abandoned ;)

HBKRKO619

No problem man, take your time, real life is more important than a game :)
Good luck :)

CB elite

So, unfortunately, no Alpha 10 release :(

But, I am excited to explore the code of Alpha 11 and see what I can finally make possible :)

CB elite

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on June 13, 2015, 03:56:00 PM
Hey, I made my own Halo weapons mod here: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13593.0

Feel free to use them if you want!

Appreciate that :)

However, if anything, I'll probably just link people over to your mod in case they want to use your textures instead :)

Awesome work on those textures btw!

nmid

Wow.. I love your faction textures/helmets :D
I..... MUST...... HAVE..... THEM!!!!!!!

I have seen iWilliBlecha's weapon mod and balance.. which look quite good. I haven't seen your weapon xmls but I would mix-and-match the efforts of both your mods :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

CB elite

Quote from: nmid on June 17, 2015, 05:01:13 PM
Wow.. I love your faction textures/helmets :D
I..... MUST...... HAVE..... THEM!!!!!!!

I have seen iWilliBlecha's weapon mod and balance.. which look quite good. I haven't seen your weapon xmls but I would mix-and-match the efforts of both your mods :)

Those are available in the Alpha 9 version that I have up still :)

Also, the stats of all of the weapons/armor and what not are available here: Stats of Pawns, Weapons, Apparel, Etc.

From what I can tell, the stats of the weapons haven't changed from Alpha 9, so they would remain the same for the Alpha 11 release of this mod.

In reality, I actually was planning on posting the Alpha 11 update today, but there's a file somewhere that's causing the game to crash on startup... So, I plan on going through each individual file to double check for errors either later today or this weekend.

Anyways, you can go to the first page of this forum and download the Alpha 9 version for textures (since you absolutely  NEED them  ;) ), or you can wait for the Alpha 11 version to be released. Either way :)

nmid

The doc is so much easier to compare and look at all the weapon stats!
Do you have some way to transfer the values from a doc file into the xml?

ps - I'll wait for your patch :p
If iWilliBlecha is ok with you using his textures, it would be nice if you could release a sync mod that uses his sprites ;)

Lastly, can I add this (future release) to a running game?
If not, I'll wait for a day before starting my A11 colony.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

CB elite

Quote from: nmid on June 17, 2015, 06:05:27 PM
The doc is so much easier to compare and look at all the weapon stats!
Do you have some way to transfer the values from a doc file into the xml?

ps - I'll wait for your patch :p
If iWilliBlecha is ok with you using his textures, it would be nice if you could release a sync mod that uses his sprites ;)

Lastly, can I add this (future release) to a running game?
If not, I'll wait for a day before starting my A11 colony.

Tis the reason I've spent so much time creating the doc :)
It offers me a platform to quickly observe a weapon's stats, rather than having to dig through xml's to compare/contrast different weapons. Makes the balancing act a lot easier :)

I'll consider the sync mod :)

Activating any of the mods in this "mod-pack" will cause issues when loading an in-progress colony. This is primarily due to the added factions.

Keep in mind that this mod is still very much so a work-in-progress. By the time this mod is complete, it will likely have as many files as the core game (I know, it's ridiculous, but that's part of why me, myself, and I are taking so long to get stuff done).

P.S.

I wouldn't advise waiting for my release to start a colony. I've run into some strange errors that I used to be able fix a certain way, but I can't now for some reason. Looking into it. It might not be until the 20th of the month for me to get a decent release out. :(

nmid

CB elite

Tynan has been working on some bug fixes in core game code. Hoping that Alpha 11b will resolve the issues I'm facing, and allow me to continue :/

Dragoon

Can you update your guns to alpha 11? (I figure the errors are with the factions right?)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.