[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

Oooo, If you're ever able to strip the armor from a dead grunt, and children are ever added to the game I know what I'll do!

Quote from: ARandomColonist"Now Timmy, I know it smells, But I need you to put that armor on...
Claims to know most things.

CB elite

While we're all waiting for me to update UNSC and Covenant factions for alpha 12, feel free to enjoy this video :D

Mr.Cross

R.I.P. YapYap.

Quote from: Random Grunt #3No,not YapYap!

CB elite

Quote from: Mr.Cross on August 25, 2015, 09:33:12 PM
R.I.P. YapYap.

Quote from: Random Grunt #3No,not YapYap!

Quote from: Random GruntThey killed poonflip! The flippiest poon I ever knew!

xD

Mod Status Update:

Working on some things to add to the UNSC faction before releasing, because a patch in the near future would just cause save game incompatibilities anyways.

I'm hoping that some of the new textures I've been working on will be somewhat better than previous versions, also. I've been working hard on improving my pixel art quality for RimWorld :)

Update 2: I've finished working on the next version of the gauss cannon. Here's a sneak peak at what gauss will look like in RimWorld in A12

Mr.Cross

killer117

Thats an awsome texture, although im pretty sure theres more of a box on the left hand side, and theres rings along the barrel in order to do the magnetic buildup. But im not entirely sure because i havent seen one in a while. But its still an awsome texture.
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on August 26, 2015, 10:11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure there are rings along the barrel in order to do the magnetic buildup.

Ah, I thought the barrel was missing some detail. That's something that won't be hard to add at all :)

Update:

Better?

killer117

Nice. Thats badass. How u gonna do the shot texture? Having fired these things i know that it a pretty interesing shot, although i guess u could just put in a super fast beam with a slightly expanded head. But what r ur thoughts?
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

CB elite

My current shot texture for the gauss cannon is a little funky haha. Might have to change it here eventually. You'll see it once I finally get done play testing UNSC :)

Update:

UNSC has arrived for Alpha 12! No super important changes or new content, just an update from Alpha 11.

Alpha 12 Download : UNSC + Weapons

I have yet to encounter any bugs while playtesting with this. Feel free to let me know if you come across anything strange :o

killer117

CB elite

After play testing for a few days, I'm putting up everything that was in Alpha 11 up for Alpha 12 now.

Alpha 12 Download : UNSC, Covenant, and Weapons

Notes:

I played with tamable grunts/elites, and things got a little too weird; so, I decided to leave that feature out. At first, I thought it was going to be an awesome way to get the covenant species on your side, but they couldn't wield weapons or do much without training, and it just felt so silly... lol

I've also fixed a few bugs related to covenant raids which were present in Alpha 11, but shouldn't be in this version.

Hope you guys enjoy until I get some new content added for the next release :)

Lightbulb500

Really enjoying the Alpha 12 update!  ;D

Just a small thing, I noticed that when the UNSC module was loaded I would get a couple of red error messages about Human leather.
Did a little digging using comparisons to the xml files in the core games and it turns out its an easy fix.

I added the line:
<LeatherAmount>20</LeatherAmount>

To the Races_Humanoid.xml file at the end of the <statBases> section and that sorted the issue!

CB elite

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on September 06, 2015, 04:06:51 PM
Really enjoying the Alpha 12 update!  ;D

Just a small thing, I noticed that when the UNSC module was loaded I would get a couple of red error messages about Human leather.
Did a little digging using comparisons to the xml files in the core games and it turns out its an easy fix.

I added the line:
<LeatherAmount>20</LeatherAmount>

To the Races_Humanoid.xml file at the end of the <statBases> section and that sorted the issue!

Thanks for letting me know about that! I've added that line to all humanoid custom races for the next release :)

Haven't been keeping up with my changelog all that well, but this is what I'm currently working on:

- Minor bugfixes (mainly with textures; I found some really silly things...)
- Marine pawns with custom armor (this is what is taking the most time)
- Kig-yar pawn implementation
- Insurrectionist faction (in UNSC module; a lot like pirates, but with chance to have stolen UNSC weapons)
- UNSC and Covenant Faction(s) rebalancing
- Custom backstories for UNSC pawns (thank mipen for that one!)

Some of that stuff is already done, but a lot of the texture stuff is taking me a while. I am no texture wizard :P

Once everything on that list is done, and I release the next version, I'm going to be very focused on some flood implementation. I know there is a lot of work to be done with regards to the other factions still, just want to get a decent unique challenge in :)

killer117

That sounds awsome. If u want, i can write up a few backstories for u to save u the time. I just need to know what sorta thing ur looking for, like ones for spartens, or specifically marines, or do include ODST's too.

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on September 06, 2015, 04:56:51 PM
That sounds awsome. If u want, i can write up a few backstories for u to save u the time. I just need to know what sorta thing ur looking for, like ones for spartens, or specifically marines, or do include ODST's too.

If you want, I would be grateful for the help! :)
And, I would credit you for them, of course.

I would like to have some sort of customization for all UNSC pawns (marines, odst, spartans), eventually.
I feel very limited by the current backstory "pools" which the vanilla game offers,
and its a bit frustrating to have any military pawn incapable of violence.

Would you be okay with me going over your backstories and changing a few things for balancing purposes, if needed?

I'm actually kind of looking to reach out to all people who might want to contribute to this mod;
make this more of a community project for whoever wants to participate,
without completely depending on others to get stuff going if that makes sense.

I'm currently reaching out to artists like shinzy and mrofa for art advice,
as I've felt the textures I've added don't blend well with vanilla art style.

Here's a protoype of the marine headgear right now (worn):

There are still some things that need to be adjusted :-\

But yeah, pretty soon my credit list is going to be very long, and I'm okay with that :)