[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killer117

Id be happy to go over and redo them if need be. And that helmets really cool. Although i have seen other designs where the facial section only covers one eye and its green. Ive never read anything about this, and i think its just a marine look sorta thing for the game but u might be able to implement it as some sort of sniper helmet. 

Ill try working on some backstories soon. Just at the moment i have yr 11 exams. But ill try to get some to u soon
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Lightbulb500

Another thing I have come across is way in which you redefine the human race to add the thyroid gland plays havoc with compatibility with other mods that add bionics\surgeries.

Perhaps if you reverted to the standard body definitions and have the thyroid implant install to the neck? A bit less immersive granted not to mention a bit of a hassle to change but would make it get along better with the other mods in people's load order. Just a thought  :)

Dragoon

I love the helmet so I made you this it's armature ...your helmet looks way better. I noticed you using the halo 4 armor as well.

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on September 07, 2015, 06:06:51 AM
Id be happy to go over and redo them if need be. And that helmets really cool. Although i have seen other designs where the facial section only covers one eye and its green. Ive never read anything about this, and i think its just a marine look sorta thing for the game but u might be able to implement it as some sort of sniper helmet. 

Ill try working on some backstories soon. Just at the moment i have yr 11 exams. But ill try to get some to u soon

That was actually the first one I did (scrapped), but my OCD won't allow me to have something only cover one eye from the front yet cover both/none of the eyes from the side view. The side textures don't discern left from right side, so that singular eye cover would either be present on both sides or absent on both sides when a pawn moves. Hopefully that makes sense; my brain is a bit tired from working and school these days.

Good luck on your exams! :D

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on September 07, 2015, 09:13:10 AM
Another thing I have come across is way in which you redefine the human race to add the thyroid gland plays havoc with compatibility with other mods that add bionics\surgeries.

Perhaps if you reverted to the standard body definitions and have the thyroid implant install to the neck? A bit less immersive granted not to mention a bit of a hassle to change but would make it get along better with the other mods in people's load order. Just a thought  :)

Ah yes, the thyroid was something that I added as a bug killer a few alphas ago. Going to tone down the custom human race defs. My main compatability concerns have always been with EBD's mods, but I'm going to be broadening my patching horizons pretty soon. :)

Quote from: Dragoon on September 07, 2015, 11:24:21 AM
I love the helmet so I made you this it's armature ...your helmet looks way better. I noticed you using the halo 4 armor as well.

I use a capture card and some Halo mods in forge in order to capture a lot of the images I need as reference for textures for this mod. It's almost like a "trace" of the outline of the armor, and then added in detail to that based on what I see in the screenshots I capture. I could just use online pictures, but the angles I need aren't always available. For a while, all I had was Halo 4 (I lost my other games in a move...), which is why you see the favoritism for Halo 4 lol. I've recently repurchased Halo 3 and Halo: Reach. Don't know what exactly I'm going to do with these, but time will tell. :)

I get an error when I try to view your picture, unfortunately :(

CB elite

Update is here!

This update includes the following:

- Various bugfixes (feel free to continue to report bugs, but I'm pretty sure I've caught most at this point)
- Minor rebalancing of needler, and factions
- Insurrectionist faction added; much like pirates, just with possibility of UNSC weaponry from time to time.
  Will be fleshed out in the future.
- Kig-Yar Minors for Covenant Loyalists
  (Textures were hard for me to get right, so all constructive criticism is welcome here)
- Marines and marine armor for UNSC faction
- Basic Adult and Child backstories created for UNSC faction! Some tinkering will be done in the future, but for now this is a good place holder to prevent pacifist soldiers.
  Please head over to the Custom Backstory Mod and send mipen some love for this!

You are going to have to create a whole new world for this game, due to the various changes to factions.
So, please keep that in mind before updating!
When you are ready to update to the latest version, you can do so here: Alpha 12 Download : UNSC, Covenant, and Weapons
Remember to delete the previous version from your mod folder before putting this one in, to avoid any strange incompatibilities.

Thank you, everyone, for supporting me this far.

The next update is intended for flood implementation and defensive measures against them.
But, I will create hotfixes for this update first, if needed.

I hope everyone who uses this mod gets some enjoyment out of this update.
And, again, leave any feedback you may have here.

killer117

Hey, just telling u bout some of the backstorie stuff. Congrats on the update too. Cant wait to try it :) . But i just wanted to say that i have written up a few backstories, and even came up with some traits as well. And im glad u put the inserection in because i came up with a few things esspecially for them. Ill try to get them too u but i had to write them on paper due to recent computer issues. Id type them up here now, but im using a phone and its several pages and tbh i just dont wanna go through that. Ill try to type them up and put them here but if u have an email i could send them too itd be much easier because atm i only have access to school computers but they dont like letting me on to sites like these, so if i could get them to u by email itd save me a boat load of trouble. And if u need anything more storyline wise im always happy to help.   
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on September 10, 2015, 09:28:50 AM
-Snip-

I have a quite a few emails, but its best to use: [email protected]

Just make sure to include a subject which will let me know its about the backstories or that its you, so I know not to skim over it :)

I appreciate your willingness to help out, by the way! Just keep in mind something that I found out right before releasing this version. The backstories can't actually be pawn specific like I thought, but are picked out of a pool for the whole faction. I'm not really sure why there is xml for backstoryCategory in the pawn defs, as its a bit misleading, but there's not really anything I can do about that. Just don't want you to waste too much time on writing pawn specific backstories :(

Anyways! Looking forward to seeing some of the backstories you thought up! :D
Really appreciate your willingness to help out with lore :)

Mr.Cross

Claims to know most things.

killer117

Email sent u should have the backstories by now. Hope u like them :)

CB elite

Quote from: killer117 on September 13, 2015, 06:09:26 AM
Email sent u should have the backstories by now. Hope u like them :)

Sent you another PM, dont know if you got it yet tho :P Thinking you might have entered my email in slightly wrong, because I still have nothing :(

killer117

hey can i get a hand. every time i try to turn on ur mods rimworld crashes, and it wont let me turn them on. this is what comes up

[attachment deleted due to age]

killer117

ok i got nthe mod working but the UNSC armour isnt showing up, not in dev mode or prepare carefully or anything. dunno whats happening

Dragoon

reinstall the mod and just copy the textures from haloverse into the covenant mod.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

killer117