[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightbulb500

Loving what you have done so far!

One thing I would suggest is adding a meal or two to the ODST's inventories, I have had a couple of visitors die of starvation  :-\ (Their armour and weapons have of course been put to good use  ;) )

CB elite

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on December 30, 2014, 01:46:38 PM
Loving what you have done so far!

One thing I would suggest is adding a meal or two to the ODST's inventories, I have had a couple of visitors die of starvation  :-\ (Their armour and weapons have of course been put to good use  ;) )

That explains so much! I forgot about that little detail.

I was always so confused when ODST would visit, and then my colonists were eventually shot by an ODST who had gone crazy... Now, I understand. They just need a bite to eat :)

Thanks!

Lightbulb500

Lightbulb500

Another small thing I have come across, during the winter ODSTs and Spartans will spawn with parkas rather than their armor, I know the vanilla game does this to stop pawns suffering from hypothermia but it puts winter spawned ODSTs and Spartans at a real disadvantage.

CB elite

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on January 07, 2015, 02:03:54 PM
Another small thing I have come across, during the winter ODSTs and Spartans will spawn with parkas rather than their armor, I know the vanilla game does this to stop pawns suffering from hypothermia but it puts winter spawned ODSTs and Spartans at a real disadvantage.

I noticed this recently, too. It's super frustrating.... I've been digging through xml and .dll code to try to figure out what does this. Their normal armor offers a lot of protection from cold and warm weather, and I was hoping that was enough to keep parkas from happening, but I was obviously wrong...

Anyways, I'm looking into it :)

-----

Edit: I've found the problem...

It would seem that the game looks for an apparel that is classified as <ThingStuffPair>() when determining protection from cold weather?

Then, the game is nice enough to supply a free parka to any pawn that doesn't have that apparel when spawned in extremely cold conditions?

All I really have to do is find a way to apply the <ThingStuffPair>() thing to the armors that I've added. I'm going to play with this, and update you on how it goes :)

CB elite

Okay, so I kinda sorta fixed the problem, and I've posted an updated version.

-----

What was happening:
>Winter time : it's cold
>UNSC armors cover skin,middle and shell layers
>Game wants to give UNSC parkas for warm
>Game has to remove UNSC armors to give parkas
>Spartans in helmets and parkas...

What happens now:
>Winter time : it's cold
>UNSC wears regular armor + parka on top for extra coziness...

-----

I would have loved to get rid of the parkas all together for the UNSC, but I don't have the C# knowledge to do that :(

Lightbulb500

Nice! Thanks for the quick update  :D (and sorry for being such a pain!  :-\ )

CB elite

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on January 07, 2015, 06:36:53 PM
Nice! Thanks for the quick update  :D (and sorry for being such a pain!  :-\ )

You're not a pain! I appreciate any and all feedback about this mod :D

I don't always have time to play test, so it helps when I get constructive criticism :)

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on January 10, 2015, 03:05:44 PM
This mod conflicts with cybernetic storm :(.

Looks like I have a new goal for the day :)

Edit: At the moment, it would seem that the issue lies within the current version of cybernetic storm. I'll stay updated with cybernetic storm to see if they fix it, but I'm going to continue to work on my ideas for the Haloverse for now. I hope you'll understand :)

Dragoon

I understand 100% THIS MODS AWESOME :D I can't wait for the forerunner stuff (I know you most likely won't but it would be awesome if you were able to add in some forerunner armor from halo 4 or it's cinematic)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Coenmcj

I need to visit the unfinished mods forum more often. This is awesome on so many levels.  Cheers! ;D
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Lightbulb500

Another very small point, the descriptions for the ODST Heavy Helmet and Battle Suit are reversed - helmet has the battle suit's and vice versa

CB elite

Quote from: Coenmcj on January 11, 2015, 07:42:43 AM
I need to visit the unfinished mods forum more often. This is awesome on so many levels.  Cheers! ;D

Quote from: Lightbulb500 on January 11, 2015, 04:22:46 PM
Another very small point, the descriptions for the ODST Heavy Helmet and Battle Suit are reversed - helmet has the battle suit's and vice versa

I'm actually working on a complete description overhaul today for the weapons, so this fits in perfectly. Thanks for letting me know! I would have never caught it :)

Edit:

After digging and DevTesting, it would seem that the descriptions are as they should be. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error in your game? :o