[Suspended] [WIP] (Alpha 12d) Project Haloverse (Updated 10.9.2015)

Started by CB elite, December 01, 2014, 07:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightbulb500

Reloaded the save to grab a screenshot and they are indeed correct...

It must have been either a one off interface bug or I'm losing it  ::)

CB elite

Hey everyone, just wanted to apologize for not keeping up with this mod as well as I should be lately.

I've had a lot of stuff going on, but I hope to have some new content for you all soon!

I'm thinking about recruiting some texture artists for some of the apparel/species that I want to add. Textures take soooooo long to make, and having those taken care of for me would make things a lot easier for me. Of course, every artist who contributes would be credited for their work within the mod, and on the mod's forum page :D

What do you guys think?

Also, I'm currently working on a list of people who have helped me learn how to code this stuff, and a special thanks list to some of you who inspired me to keep going with this project :)

Edit:

Computer failed on me :'(

It's going to be a little while before I can continue work on this :(

Lightbulb500

Oh dear!  :-\

Hope you get your computer issues sorted!

CB elite

Just wanted to update you guys on what's going on with this mod, as to not be rude:

This project of mine isn't going to be getting much love while I'm going to school this semester.  On top of that, I'm currently working on getting a better job right now, and that's time consuming by itself...

-----

If anyone is interested in "adopting" this mod by improving upon it while I'm away, I really wouldn't mind. Here's why:

This mod was born from a combined passion for Rimworld and Halo. I still believe that this mod would be REALLY fun to have in a completed version. It really doesn't matter who accomplishes this feat. If the project is completed some day, I would be more than satisfied with what I've done :)

If you're interested in this "adoption", just email me. I would prefer to hand over the responsibility to someone who has some experience with modding; so, if you have some example projects for Rimworld that I could look at, that would be great!

I have all of the resources you could possibly need to complete the project. Just not the time to do it myself :/

-----

Life can be a mess at times, and I hope you all understand where I'm coming from...

Thanks again, for all of your support! :)

Coenmcj

No problems at all, I wish you luck in all your future endeavors!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

CB elite

What aspect of the A.I.s are you referring to?

Textures: Got some help from a friend with the design. He doesn't have an account, and doesn't want his name mentioned though :/ It's inspired by a scene from Forward Unto Dawn. The rampant AI just uses a few hue edits over the normal A.I.

Functionality: I took a look at the in-game story tellers, and the code in the .dlls to decide how I wanted each A.I. to function. I hope that they function correctly. I haven't had time to play this game at all in at least three weeks :(

Hopefully that answers your question :o

Dragoon

I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Dragoon

I( hope this gets updated for alpha 9 :D they have energy shields so energy sword charge!!!

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on February 19, 2015, 09:33:01 PM
I( hope this gets updated for alpha 9 :D they have energy shields so energy sword charge!!!

I'm looking forward to a little bit of free time, and I REALLY want to get into this energy shield business! It would be really cool if I could apply the shields to apparel, rather than just pawns. I have to look at the code and figure that part out still :o

Dragoon

Well the mass effect mod has shield that is middle layer if you could would you make you'res top layer since the odst armor/mjolnir are middle layer?

Ninja Viking

PLEASE add the flood! If you are doing a Halo mod you just have to add them!

(If you read the book called Halo: The flood, you get an insane in dept view of how the flood actually operate when they infect an human/alien. They actually don't kill their host, they keep their host alive inside the mangled twisted body and forcefully digs through their memory to find useful information.)

CB elite

Quote from: Dragoon on February 25, 2015, 06:23:18 PM
Well the mass effect mod has shield that is middle layer if you could would you make you'res top layer since the odst armor/mjolnir are middle layer?

That's probably what I would have to do. Still have to do some digging into the Alpha 9 code and update for Alpha 9. Details about why this hasn't been done yet are below.

Quote from: Ninja Viking on March 03, 2015, 07:26:01 PM
PLEASE add the flood! If you are doing a Halo mod you just have to add them!

(If you read the book called Halo: The flood, you get an insane in dept view of how the flood actually operate when they infect an human/alien. They actually don't kill their host, they keep their host alive inside the mangled twisted body and forcefully digs through their memory to find useful information.)

The flood is a necessity that I am well aware of :) There are a few mechanics that I have to play with before getting them to work the way they should though. I'll probably look into getting the eBook soon. Thanks for the reference!

-----------

Insight into my life at the moment:
- School has been very demanding of my time, still
- Work is taking up most of my time out of school
- Looking for a better job that pays more is taking up some time as well
- Mom was recently diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer, and she's going into chemotherapy at the end of this month
- Gonna have to pick up some extra hours to help her pay rent while she stays on disability for a bit

Yeah, that's all I really have to say about that for now. Anyways, on a lighter note: The project shouldn't be suspended for too much longer if I can get stuff done efficiently. Thanks again for all the support! :D

-----------

UPDATE: "Separated race intelligence levels (humanoid/tool user/animal) from mechanoid status in race definition to provide more flexibility for modders."

Guys, this is huge! I'm pretty sure this is the exact mechanic that I need for the non-humanoid factions! But not until Alpha friggin' 10, dangit.

Anyways, you guys keep a look out this next week or so for more updates. It's my goal to have stuff updated by Friday.

tresflores

take your time bro you've already given us more than we could ask for

CB elite

@tresflores I took your advice, am taking a little more time to refine things, and am glad that I'm doing so. I've had time to read some of my old code and some of the new code and have had some pretty interesting ideas in the process :)

The new mod layout is going to be a bit different, so I'll put some instruction on how to install in the folder. It's basically going to be about 5 different folders that you can choose to have activated or not; one for each faction.

I figured, as time goes on, some people might not want to have to deal with all of the different challenges this mod will introduce, so having the option to toggle certain features will be nice :) The only disadvantage is that the weapons for each faction require that faction to be activated. I might change that in the future, but that really seems kinda... I don't know, overly divided?

Let me know what you think of the idea :)

Also, does anybody know of any good free bugtracking systems that I could use? I think github might offer something like that, but github seems really complex .-.