[Mod Request] Harvest organs dead cropse

Started by JangoDsoul, December 01, 2014, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JangoDsoul

So i have this idea for some time now. when wining a siege there are large almost of fresh dead corpse just rotten away. In my eyes that a big opportunities to haul and harvest organs while the crops is still fresh. If anyone can make it happen that would be great :)

Research- "Harvest organs"

Docter skill - may be 7 ???

craft table - (something like this???) "Morgue Slab from Prison Architect"

Defection

This is really good idea. I also wanted to ask about this because it is a waste that organs from fresh corpses can't be harvested.
And nice picture for the craft table too.

npeters6546

I like this idea too. It makes sense to be able to harvest them before the corpse rots. The pic looks alot like the Prison Architect morgue slab...

Defection

Yeah i thought so too. Didn't mention that cause didn't want to sound like he stole texture from Prison Architect :)

hoho

I approve of this idea.

Especially how I felt it's weird how I couldn't harvest any other organs from my subjects after I had taken out their heart or both lungs. Sure, they'd die in minutes but they are already on the table with their body opened up and all the machinery ready for storing their parts. In that state I should be able to harvest EVERYTHING they have.

john pretzel

It's a good idea.  ;D

CyberneticsStorm, https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7970.0rm

elStrages

I will have a look into the code, it may need a dll to operate though.

arammco

Is the same thing that I thought as well! is wasteful and would also be a source of profit! we hope there is someone interested!

James009

Agreed. Needs to be a timer on corpse organs before they're useless.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

john pretzel

Quote from: James009 on December 22, 2014, 05:41:54 AM

Maybe use the time till it gets rotten.

Loki88

Quote from: john pretzel on December 22, 2014, 11:20:04 AM
Quote from: James009 on December 22, 2014, 05:41:54 AM

Maybe use the time till it gets rotten.

If you freeze the corpses though you would have an almost unlimited supply of organs which would A: be kinda cheaty I think and B: be unrealistic due to the fact you would have major cell degradation from freezing them. Using the "dead for" counter might be a better bet since I do agree that the organs should still be good for the first day or two...

Defection

It is better with timer/counter than frozen and can't spoil.I think that one day is more than enough to harvest organ from corpse.

Kinakin

From a realism point of view organs require the host to be alive at the time of harvesting in order to have good chance of success. Organs begin to degrade and become useless for transplants shortly after the host dying as they are starved of blood and oxygen.

In general only tissue donations are taken from cardinary dead patients. While organs are taken from brain dead donors.

However it might be more realistic to atleast harvest bionic body parts from dead corpses. Atleast if based on the premis that they are mechanical.

JangoDsoul

sorry for not really replying back

Quote from: Kinakin on December 27, 2014, 10:06:45 AM
From a realism point of view organs require the host to be alive at the time of harvesting in order to have good chance of success. Organs begin to degrade and become useless for transplants shortly after the host dying as they are starved of blood and oxygen.

In general only tissue donations are taken from cardinary dead patients. While organs are taken from brain dead donors.

However it might be more realistic to atleast harvest bionic body parts from dead corpses. Atleast if based on the premis that they are mechanical.

This guy has a point, but the idea which some of you have given seen that its abit op. something to counter it add some kind of condition / percents to organs like the sculpture add to the last build good/mil/useless. with the timer idea should be 1.0 days untill completely useless plus the other hand there will be a i don't 65% of taint organs from begin over .5 days on the ground.

Quote from: Defection
link=topic=7704.msg82293#msg82293 date=1418859960

Yeah i thought so too. Didn't mention that cause didn't want to sound like he stole texture from Prison Architect :)

about that i did take it from at game which is almost the generically the same sorry about that, i should add soures :3