[WIP]New Race: Orcs! And other fantasy/Middle Ages Stuff.

Started by Berengar, December 02, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berengar

Greetings.
At the moment i'm working on a new Faction, the good and green Orcs.
For some time, i create some orcs for a guy that working on a 40K Orcmod. But, sadly, the mod never relesed.
Yesterday i found the old textures in my archive, and start to make my own orc mod.  :D
Planned are a hostile Faction of classic fantasy orcs. With 2-4 different low meele orcs, 2 archers, a Shaman with magic, and a Boss. Yeah, and maybe some craftable Items, like Orcskull Helmets.. and Orcskin Clothes. For the Orcslayers in the Colony.  ;)
But i have nearly no scipting sklills.. and dont plan to learn it. So i'm not sure, what i can make. But the ground Faction works ingame. (too lazy to make a Pic ;) )
All that will later be a part of a fantasy Overall from Rimworld, that i working on. And with that a grapical overall, that will give Rimwold a dark and realistic feeling. :D

The first 2 Meele-orcs are finished.

So what are you think about the Idea? And do you have sugestions?

The second part will be a new Smithing systems for armors and Weapons.
There i split the crafting in 4 main parts.
1: heating some Metal in the Forge up.
2: Make on the Anvil a glowing Pipe out of it.
3: Bring the metal Pipe in the right form, and size on the Anvil, and make a glowing Blade out of it.
4: Cool down the Blade, on in the Water.
5:Sharp the Blade.

Your will start with easy Weapons and Armors, that just need simple Blades and plates. Over the time, your Blacksmith become better and better, and your gain new materials. So your can smith better Armors and Weapons.
An exempel for an lowrate Armor, mixed with a medium part.
Here is a pic from a Colonist, wearing a heavy platemail, so medium ranking, and an simple metal helmeth.
Also an Furshirt.. but that will be another story. :D

Berengar

PS:My English is horrible.. i know.  :P

Berengar

Moin and greetings Guys!
So i need your help, maybe one of you have an Idea.
Its about the screaming fighting etc sounds of the orcs.. im searching for a good one in Rimworld.
At the moment they use the ones of the... �hm... Muffalos. Its funny, indeed. But a bit.. wrong? When you see a gigantic Horde of Orcs, overrun your Colonie.  ::)

And what your Idea your like more. Orcs that riding on Muffalos, ore gigantic Trolls, that coming from the mountans?

Viperlol

This looks amazing! For the sounds, it may be of use to look to Warhammer Battle march for the orcs audio.
When in doubt, rely on everyone else to fix up your .xml

Berengar

Thanks. :)
Yeah nice Idea.. personal i would use the orcsounds from the german rpg Gothic 1/2. THATS are orcs.. :D
But i have no clue how to add new sounds..
for first, i want to use native sounds from rimworld.

James009

I'd been very surprised that we hadn't seen a "fantasy" mod by now, maybe this can kickstart it. I'd love to see Rimworld converted into a fantasy-medieval game with orcs, elves, and humans kicking about. That'd be fantastic, especially with the melee and weapon revamp we've been seeing.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

CB elite

I actually really like the idea, too.
The idea of elves raiding your colony with elvish bows/daggers, with extreme accuracy is frightening yet intriguing :D

Even if the maker of this mod doesn't go that far with this mod, I still appreciate the mod a lot and hope that maybe one day someone will expand on this idea.

Berengar

Arghh.. not that shiny Elves!
At the moment i'm working on finish the smithing system. Its nearly at the end.
Generely im working on an overall of the crafting system. So there will be an Smith, an Magic, an Bowmakersystem etc.
And some big creepy Spiders and Trolls, that works like normal animals, but is an enemy. So when they see your colonist, there will attack. And lose on dead some special crafting loot
Over the Days i will rework that post here.

mfg: Berengar

Berengar

Not working anymore on that.
Playing a bit with the first WIP version.. and its was just to anoing that i have to give every single Pawn the order to attack.
When there will come someday autoattack for meele.. maybe start finishing that projekt.

tresflores

looks goo i really love your work. orcs riding muffolo

by the way could you post a list of all your mods i manage to stumble across one or two every now and again but it hard to find your work

Kolljak

This is good would you like to join my mod? doing Era's and as for medieval ages tech we are pretty scant on art files. we could really use your help.

Berengar

@tresflores
Glad you ike my work. :)
To the modlist. There is just one mod for alpha 8 so.. would be a short list. ;)

@Kolljak
Eras? So like Age of empires, or Empire Earth? Stoneage, copperage, medieval and so on? What an lovey idea! Im working at the moment at 2 mods, Rimtroopers and the faction overall. So there are mutch to do for me. But send my a list and i see what i can do!

Kolljak

Awesome. There is no big rush tho we are still working on the tech tree long before we can even get started but i am a knowledgeable person only in the late industrial era WW2 Modern era's as for prehistory medieval and enlightenment era's i lack knowledge tho lake Renaissance i know a few bits of as i practice with an Estoc for exersice :D

would love to have your help.

just went ahead and put you down for Artist just to get the link code down if you want me to remove or change it let me know.

Kolljak

BTW as for your mod i love it :D the textures are well done and detailed.