[Mod]Recource Pile Size Increase. [Alpha 7]

Started by Ded1, December 03, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ded1

This simple mod increases the resource pile size up to 1000 for metal, silver, uranium, gold, wood logs, and stone bricks.  So you no longer need a massive stockpile for all your basic resources.

There is no unique or original code withing this so feel free to do what you want, when you want, and without notifying me!

[attachment deleted due to age]
Feel Good Modpack
Sorry but the pack isn't updated yet!

Just gonna be lurking the forums for a while.

Rikiki

Be aware that having very big stocks means bigger wealth... and bigger raids. ::)

Ded1

All this does is increase the stack size, nothing else.  So you would have the same size raids. just smaller stockpile sizes.
Feel Good Modpack

StorymasterQ

Well, with each stack size increase, the number of items increases. The raid sizes are tied to the number of items, not the number of stacks. So more items = more raids.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Goo Poni

When you've been playing for long enough to have 30-40k silver dominating half the space of a trade beacon by itself, mods like these help quite a bit. I couldn't care less about the size of the raids, I don't want so much space taken up on beacons. I've only got so much safe territory to work with before colonists have to start wandering too far for my liking just because the first, second and third beacon ran out of space for metalx75xtoo-many-stacks-to-count amongst other miscellaneous toot like guns and apparel.

Killaim

would this not present a problem with the pawns not being able to all pick from one stack
like if they look for metal to build then only one guy goes to it and picks something up before a new one can ?

ive seen this atleast with medipacks (first time i noticed it) that 4 doctors would go to heal my bunch of wounded pawns - but only one of them got a medic pack (cause one stack only) but one he had gotten one then others ran for it too

Ded1

as far as i can tell (and i have played for a few hours with it) there is no issues as long as there is enough metal in the stack for all the orders, if there isn't they will take what is left for their order and find a new source.
Feel Good Modpack

Goo Poni

Quote from: Killaim on December 03, 2014, 10:10:08 PM
would this not present a problem with the pawns not being able to all pick from one stack
like if they look for metal to build then only one guy goes to it and picks something up before a new one can ?

ive seen this atleast with medipacks (first time i noticed it) that 4 doctors would go to heal my bunch of wounded pawns - but only one of them got a medic pack (cause one stack only) but one he had gotten one then others ran for it too
Yes, this can exaggerate this problem. But like you, I've only ever noticed it with doctors. They'll wake up in the morning and one doctor will "reserve" the medkit stack. Then another doctor will wake up while the first is still walking over to the medkits and psychically ascertain that there are no available medkits and go to heal the wounded without aid. With metal, it just delays it a little bit, a colonist will probably have a myriad of things to do besides construction with your only stack of metal. I used the CHESTs in TTM to stack like 5k metal in four squares just to try and save space. For medkits, I just solved it with moar medkits. Two shelves specifically for medkits only in the sickbay for easy access. Two stacks of medkits sufficed, I only had two capable doctors.