[MOD] (Alpha 7) Faction: Orcs! 0.35

Started by Berengar, December 03, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berengar

Orcs!

Greetings.
That is just a small faction Mod, that adds the good, old orcs to the game. At the moment just 3 meele ones, but over the time i planned to add more. And a sense behind killing orcs.. beside to safe the colony.  ::)
PS: Maybe there a bit to strong.. i dont hope so, but balancing isn't my biggest talent..  :P

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xktto1luo8gzqgl/Orcs.zip

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Killaim

Berengar

Thanks. :D
What i forget to say, pls be free to sugest new orcs and enemy types. And what else you want to see in the mod.

FridayBiology

"FOR THE HORDE"

could you set a one "leader" unit per raid?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Berengar

Hmm jeah, should not be a problem.
Something like
Easy: Big orc with Axe.
Medium: Shaman.. when i finaly got them to shoot. ;)
Hard: REALY big Orc, riding an Muffalo.

Berengar

Update
Just a small update.
Slow the orcs a bit down..
And a brings in the first of the orcbosses.

Download link above.

JuliaEllie

WAAAAAAAGH!!! WE NEED MOAR DAKKA DAKKA!!!

very cool textures :)

It would be even cooler if the equipment and weapons were actual items instead of "glued" to the orcs.

Berengar

Jeah.. i try that..
Maybe i should not spend so mutch time on creating textures... and more on learning coding.. or english :P
With other words.. i dont get how i make the pawns use weapons...
But i try it later again.

Greetings: Berengar the redbeard.

JuliaEllie

You wont need to code to add those basic weapons and armours. Just copy one of the core xml files and adjust it to your needs :) Most of the xml stuff is copy and pasting

Rikiki

Small hint: look at the weapons tags so your orcs only pick from your custom axes, swords...

Berengar

Jap, ähm.. exactly that have i try. :)
But somehow its dont work.
At the moment i'm working on an smithing system, but i give it later a try.

JonoRig

why do i get the feeling my colonist was faced with a very bloody, violent and painful death?

otherwise, very nice start, i would agree with moar dakka dakka, dem boyz don't got enough choppa's eevar

Vas

Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Halinder

Orc siege units!

Create an NPC based on an orc operating a small ballista/scorpion, wheeling it around everyplace.

And if you can get them to construct stuff, make them build battering rams around walls that causes damage to all adjacent walls as long as it's operated.

And remember fire arrows are good for the soul!

Berengar

Quote from: JonoRig on December 04, 2014, 08:50:54 PM
why do i get the feeling my colonist was faced with a very bloody, violent and painful death?

otherwise, very nice start, i would agree with moar dakka dakka, dem boyz don't got enough choppa's eevar

Im sorry, but there will be no good old daka..
The orc-mod is just a small part of an fantasy overall im working on. So, no sci fi weapons here :D
But i have some shootas in my archive... i can put them in the next update as texture. So when your want them, your just have to change the mod by yourself. :=)

@Halinder Arrhg... that would be epic...
But i have no idea how i should do that.. i take a look on the defs.. but i think for somethink like this i need help from an experience modder.