When is Rimworld Over?

Started by slauenbach, December 04, 2014, 05:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slauenbach

When will Rimworld become a finished game. I love new updates so i just want to know when it will be over with them  :D

RayvenQ

Most straightforward and easiest answer? When it's done.

Wex

Quote from: RayvenQ on December 04, 2014, 05:39:47 AM
Thanks Michelangelo.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: RayvenQ on December 04, 2014, 05:39:47 AM
As a player, in my opinion the game could very well launch as 1.0 today, that most people would be satisfied. Hell, I already forgot the amount of hours I sunk into this game across the Alphas.
"When it's done" is clearly the best estimate we have for now, since the game is being improved and receiving content at a steady and amazing pace. ^^

Though I hope that Tynan keeps working on the game even after it launches. It would be amazing to have DLC as well as a lot of improvements. ^^

JimmyAgnt007

He's got a list of features, we saw a snipit of them somewhere a while ago.  Once everything on that list is done, polished, and additional bits plugged in, then it will be done. 

Ramsis

Going to save you the trouble; Tynan is a stickler for dates and always has been. You can ask all you want, but he'll never tell for a bunch of really good reasons ;D
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

keylocke

when is rimworld gonna get "done"?

simple answer : the gameplay is already advanced enough to be considered as "done", however, with each new update, rimworld just keeps getting better..  ;D

it's like asking "when is dwarf fortress gonna get done?". (most people hopes the answer = nevah!) and each big update brings in more customers/supporters.. and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

i think it's a viable marketing/development strategy. ;D