Sad Colonists :c

Started by Robitski, November 05, 2013, 06:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robitski

Sorry if this isn't the right place for posting a newbie question, but I couldn't think of anywhere better than 'support'.

Basically all of my colonists are around 30% happiness. They keep complaining about eating nutrient paste and that their homes and dull. I put planters in their rooms etc, but why are they so depressed? Just waiting for one to go psychotic : P
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

samtarling

Quote from: Robitski on November 05, 2013, 06:02:58 AM
Sorry if this isn't the right place for posting a newbie question, but I couldn't think of anywhere better than 'support'.

Basically all of my colonists are around 30% happiness. They keep complaining about eating nutrient paste and that their homes and dull. I put planters in their rooms etc, but why are they so depressed? Just waiting for one to go psychotic : P

Try giving them their own rooms, with beds. Also try putting some tables and chairs in a communal area for them to eat together?

Semmy

Make sure they have enough lighting aswell.
Clean up corpses asap and out of sight.
Make sure colonists pass each other for friendly talks.
Research carpets.

If all that fails shoot them
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Robitski

Carpets seemed to help :P

Unfortunatly one of my miners got trapped in an undeground room he was mining out due to a glitch I guess, as their was a clear entrance and my other guys despite being drafted couldn't pass through it, went below the loyalty threshold and went a bit nuts. Fortunately I managed to arrest him :3

So I took the advice and everyone's a bit happier now. Thanks : D
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

samtarling

Quote from: Semmy on November 05, 2013, 02:45:27 PM
If all that fails shoot them

Remind me to never crash land on a rimworld with you..

EarthyTurtle

You can try using metal plates or smooth stone as flooring in your buildings, later research carpets. It seems like 7x7 is the preferred room size for my colonists and cleanliness is very important. Always have someone cleaning to remove rock debris. Keeping them well fed is another thing that affects happiness. Also after a while your colonists 'new colony optimism' will wear off and that will cause their happiness to plummet.

I find food is the biggest contributor to unhappiness. Keep them well fed.

British

I'm using 5x5 individual rooms, with two lights and usually one flower pot (and carpet, of course).

Dragula

5x5 rooms don't seem to remove the "cramped environment" stat. I'm slowly testing when it is removed by expanding a room with one row every morning, so far at 5x6 and still no progress.

British

It works for me, at least.
Been using 6x6 prior.